Welcome To aBlackWeb

African American News Coverage Channel To Launch January 2020

Goldie

I Just Want Some Chips
Site Owner
The Black News Channel is coming soon.

Whoever said 2020 was going to be a big year was right. According to Deadline, Black News Channel (BNC) will launch at the top of the new year in January and will be a station that only broadcast news related to the African American community. The new platform was co-founded by former Oklahoma Congressman J.C. Watts and TV executive Bob Brillante.

The Black News Channel is coming soon.

Whoever said 2020 was going to be a big year was right. According to Deadline, Black News Channel (BNC) will launch at the top of the new year in January and will be a station that only broadcast news related to the African American community. The new platform was co-founded by former Oklahoma Congressman J.C. Watts and TV executive Bob Brillante.

GettyImages-93489078.jpg

Mario Tama/Getty Images

According to the publication, the network was set to launch this year in 33 million households via cable and satellite but moved to 2020 as a way to bank on new technologies and platform services. “Our network is about providing intelligent programming that is informative, educational, inspiring and empowering to our African American audience, so they are participants in a national conversation,” J.C. Watts said in a statement. “If we have the opportunity to include the largest African American audience possible from day one, then that should be our top priority.”

BNC will be available in Los Angeles, Atlanta and New York and has signed deals with Comcast, Charter and Dish Network. Former CNN anchor Fred Hickman, and Emmy Award-winning journalists Laverne McGee as well as Anthony Amey are set to the head news anchors for the network.

BNC launches January 6th.

Could be dope if done right.

Id be interested in them covering politics and world topics with African American panelists giving an AA perspective of things on both sides of the isle. Have a good mix of dems and republicans and overall intellectuals and make sure you have some smart women weigh in too.

That would be extremely refreshing to see and hear cause all we get now is news from a white perspective.

If they say fuck world events and politics and we only gonna focus on AA issues for all timeslots, i dont think theyll find enough of an audiance to survive.

Either way ill check it out.

All yall who here for it better make sure you donate to it regularly (if it's actually any good). One thing about white folk is that they will spend their money to keep their shit on the airwaves no matter how trash it is. That's why glenn beck, alex jones and nem still have jobs.

BNC will be available in Los Angeles, Atlanta and New York and has signed deals with Comcast, Charter and Dish Network. Former CNN anchor Fred Hickman, and Emmy Award-winning journalists Laverne McGee as well as Anthony Amey are set to the head news anchors for the network.

BNC launches January 6th.

I wonder if those deals will be used against Byron Allen

All yall who here for it better make sure you donate to it regularly (if it's actually any good). One thing about white folk is that they will spend their money to keep their shit on the airwaves no matter how trash it is. That's why glenn beck, alex jones and nem still have jobs.

Yeah it being trash ain't the question it being against us is. the co owner is a black republican and the other dude is some white dude maybe Spanish but his wikipedia immediately talks about how he wants to end racism shit feels awkward

Yeah it being trash ain't the question it being against us is. the co owner is a black republican and the other dude is some white dude maybe Spanish but his wikipedia immediately talks about how he wants to end racism shit feels awkward
I didn't know any of that.

I'll still watch it and see. If it's not overtly coonish, I'll support it.

Back