Welcome To aBlackWeb

AEW One Year Later

BountyHunterRo

I’ve come to collect
2022 ABW Sexiest Male Poster
One year ago was around the anniversary of AEW Dynamite. What have you liked and not liked about the first year of All Elite Wrestling?

Off the bat...

Pro:
Better storyline development

Better promos all around

Show feels exciting to watch live

Tag Team Wrestling for them probably one of the best rosters.

Handling of the coronavirus pandemic and putting on better shows then NXT in this era.

Bringing some of the coolest unknown talent to TV like MJF and Darby Allin and making them stars by providing solid stories.

Managers matter again!

Cons:

Womens division

I'll say booking of Omega out the gate but I think its a con and a pro because it does seem the build to OG Omega is going to play out the next 6 months.

Their promos do feel more authentic when it’s not all scripted. They need to push more of its “homegrown” talent in 2021. Their women’s division needs serious work and they need to stop taking shots at WWE but I’ve enjoyed them for the most part.

Their promos do feel more authentic when it’s not all scripted. They need to push more of its “homegrown” talent in 2021. Their women’s division needs serious work and they need to stop taking shots at WWE but I’ve enjoyed them for the most part.
I feel the shots at WWE is for cheap pops and heat within wrestling media

it gets reported every time they do it.

I never disliked when companies throw shots at WWE, it feels good to hear people say fuck the other side. But to be fair I mean they killed NXT while talking shit, to me its a foot on the neck thing and not like TNA where they were throwing shots and still losing.

Brodie Lee as a slight version of McMahon the first 4 weeks was good shit. Wished they would of spread that out more to continue it.

Even with its flaws, best/most consistent wrestling promotion in North America *shrugs*.

ROH is nonexistent, everyone leaving NWA, MLW not really doing anything notable atm, Rich Swann is the champ in Impact(after taking it off of Eric Young who like... why was he champion?) and they took the women's title off of Deonna just to give it back to her less than a month later (like...huh?), main roster WWE is less than stellar, NXT has dropped in value due to main roster influence, creative/booking decisions, and the AEW effect(still good matches because well they signed everyone in the world)..so that pretty much leaves AEW as the #1.

Women's division needs LOTS of work, but with the addition of Thunder Rosa, Deeb, Ive, Diamante, and Tony Khan getting fried on the socials...it seems to be getting a little better. Plus Shanna and Statlander should be on their way back in the new year.

I've had three problems with their booking decisions: Darby taking that pin against team Tazz, the Bucks beating FTR, and Butcher & Blade losing to the Natural Nightmares in that bunkhouse match. They also need to start putting stuff that was on BTE and Dark on Dynamite to make sense of some storylines because everyone don't watch BTE or Dark

Last edited:
Even with its flaws, best/most consistent wrestling promotion in North America *shrugs*.

ROH is nonexistent, everyone leaving NWA, MLW not really doing anything notable atm, Rich Swann is the champ in Impact(after taking it off of Eric Young who like... why was he champion?) and they took the women's title off of Deonna just to give it back to her less than a month later (like...huh?), main roster WWE is less than stellar, NXT has dropped in value due to main roster influence, creative/booking decisions, and the AEW effect(still good matches because well they signed everyone in the world)..so that pretty much leaves AEW as the #1.

Women's division needs LOTS of work, but with the addition of Thunder Rosa, Deeb, Ive, Diamante, and Tony Khan getting fried on the socials...it seems to be getting a little better. Plus Shanna and Statlander should be on their way back in the new year.

I've had three problems with their booking decisions: Darby taking that pin against team Tazz, the Bucks beating FTR, and Butcher & Blade losing to the Natural Nightmares in that bunkhouse match. They also need to start putting stuff that was on BTE and Dark on Dynamite to make sense of some storylines because everyone don't watch BTE or Dark

I gotta disagree wit the NXT part. AEW edges out them out slightly, but NXT is still puttin out quality product. Better than Raw imo.

I gotta disagree wit the NXT part. AEW edges out them out slightly, but NXT is still puttin out quality product. Better than Raw imo.
I mean the wrestling is still good(they signed pretty much every wrestler on the indies) but booking decisions like Leon Ruff winning the NA title, the women's champion being pinned in War Games, burning through all their big matches in attempt to keep up with AEW, desperate rating grabs, quality of storylines dipping, hotshot booking, main roster influence, going live, 2 hours, etc.

If you've been watching NXT since episode 1 or heck even NXT Arrival, you can tell it is not the same quality at all.

I mean the wrestling is still good(they signed pretty much every wrestler on the indies) but booking decisions like Leon Ruff winning the NA title, the women's champion being pinned in War Games, burning through all their big matches in attempt to keep up with AEW, desperate rating grabs, quality of storylines dipping, hotshot booking, main roster influence, going live, 2 hours, etc.

If you've been watching NXT since episode 1 or heck even NXT Arrival, you can tell it is not the same quality at all.

The Leon Ruff...unexpected, but I see no issue wit it. Thats why I liked it. Now Damien being involved in the match...meh. Like someone said durin that ppv, it was like he was wrestling against 2 kids.

Io gettin pinned by Raquel...no qualms. That sets up their feud, and Raquel push.

Wit a the other stuff you mentioned...its still better than Raw. B/c even when they do big matches...their ppv's still don't suffer. Something Raw and SD struggle with.

The Leon Ruff...unexpected, but I see no issue wit it. Thats why I liked it. Now Damien being involved in the match...meh. Like someone said durin that ppv, it was like he was wrestling against 2 kids.

Io gettin pinned by Raquel...no qualms. That sets up their feud, and Raquel push.

Wit a the other stuff you mentioned...its still better than Raw. B/c even when they do big matches...their ppv's still don't suffer. Something Raw and SD struggle with.
I mean anything is better than Raw that's not saying much. The ratings and lack of interest for this past War Games says it all about NXT's current state. Pat McAfee is the best thing about NXT right now. Let that marinate for a second

I like with AEW they make a lot of their roster look strong like any wrestler could beat anyone on any given night. Even their enhancement talent gets involved and has a purpose.

I DVR Raw, Smackdown, and AEW shows weekly. I tried watching NXT I just can't get into it. I hate that NJPW stopped being on AXSTV that was my shit

AEW is the only show I can watch straight through without skipping. I only fast forward commercials if they aren't the picture in picture

Back