Welcome To aBlackWeb

Actress Mo'Nique Suing Netflix for Race, Gender Discrimination

I would really like to know Wanda Sykes original offer before I'd call it a lowball offer?

Wanda Sykes name wasn't ringing bells for years before she negotiated with netflix. I respect that she PROVED to netflix that she deserved more than that original offer and got it.

The probably did low ball Wanda when they approached her.

But the thing Mo approached them so they can low ball her if they wasnt even interested in her.

They gave her a offer but they didnt want her.

Last edited:
Why are yall surprised?

She was a sure fire hit that was lowballed in favor of a comedian that was also a proven joke theif that had an already dwindling audience.

This is a slam dunk case, Joe Rogan and Bobby Lee did all the legwork yeaaaars ago. That lawyer just has to know how to use youtube and liveleak.

The probably did low ball Wanda when they approached her.

But the thing Mo approached them so they can low ball her if they wasnt even interested in her.

They gave her a offer but they didnt want her.

What would you say is a lowball offer to Wanda Sykes at that moment?

I dont think she funny so I dont know.

She aint trip about it and build her shit back up and then got the bag for Netflix

I mean we just speaking hypothetically so throw out a number.

I'll assume you don't think Amy Schumer is funny but we both know she wasn't worth 11mill

I mean we just speaking hypothetically so throw out a number.

I'll assume you don't think Amy Schumer is funny but we both know she wasn't worth 11mill

She had a huge fan base at the time and had a few movies out.

It aint about what your worth, its about what you can negotiate

She had a huge fan base at the time and had a few movies out.

It aint about what your worth, its about what you can negotiate

No matter how true that maybe none of that has anything to do with what either of us consider to be a lowball offer to Wanda Sykes.

No matter how true that maybe none of that has anything to do with what either of us consider to be a lowball offer to Wanda Sykes.

Wanda didnt say that. We just taking Mo word that she was low ball on the first offer but thats just negotiation to me.

I think 1 million is a great offer to Wanda. Low ball would be 500K

Wanda didnt say that. We just taking Mo word that she was low ball on the first offer but thats just negotiation to me.

I think 1 million is a great offer to Wanda. Low ball would be 500K

Wanda did say she was offended by that offer because she was offered less than the 500K they offered to Monique.

Thank you finally got to the numbers.

I think both of those is way more than what I would've offered her. I would've started at 250K but wouldn't have went over 350K for Wanda at that time.

man aint no one checking for her .

This why she got lowballed. She wanted Chappelle money, but she ain't drawing them types of crowds. She should've bet on herself. Do the 1st special for less money, kill it. Then come back w the numbers and get ur big bag on the second deal. Some people don't understand the importance of playing the long game n make emotional short sighted decisions

Idgaf bout Monique and wouldnt watch her standup either way.

But also I hope she wins and gets some Ms from netflix.

To be fair, a few years ago Wanda Sykes was supposed to do a special for Netflix and they lowballed her. She took her talents to epix and dropped a special there. She just did a special that came out on netflix a few months ago, which I'm sure was for a bigger bag.

This is what monique coulda did. Work only recognize work.
What I said from the jump imean she acting like this was whensje was doing apollo or that anyone was a eagerly awaiting a special from her
She should have took the bullshit built then got the cash

Oscar-winning actress and comedian Mo'Nique sued Netflix on Thursday, accusing the streaming giant of racial and gender discrimination by trying to drastically underpay her for a stand-up special after offering other stars tens of millions of dollars.

The suit filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court accuses Netflix of giving a “biased, discriminatory” offer to Mo'Nique for a one-hour comedy special around November 2017.

In the 39-page filing, Mo’Nique calls out everyone from the top executives of the Netflix management team to highlighting the gender wage gap and lack of diversity in Hollywood.

“Despite Mo'Nique’s extensive résumé, when presented with an opportunity to do an exclusive stand-up comedy special for Netflix, she was given a low-ball offer that was only a fraction of what Netflix paid other comedians,” according to the lawsuit, which seeks unspecified damages and was filed on her behalf by attorneys at the deRubertis Law Firm, APC and Schimmel & Parks, APLC.

The reactions to this post is the funniest thing she's ever been apart of in her whole career.

Idgaf bout Monique and wouldnt watch her standup either way.

But also I hope she wins and gets some Ms from netflix.

but she be trashing black comedians to build her self up.
That shit ain’t cool so fuck her

I hope she come out and say “where my Kap support?“

Now it’s about playing the game, smh. Y’all niggas hate black women. I see y’all in the “Let it Snow” thread, lol!

Back