Welcome To aBlackWeb

Actress Mo'Nique Suing Netflix for Race, Gender Discrimination

Chi-Town B

Mod Squad
Oscar-winning actress and comedian Mo'Nique sued Netflix on Thursday, accusing the streaming giant of racial and gender discrimination by trying to drastically underpay her for a stand-up special after offering other stars tens of millions of dollars.

The suit filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court accuses Netflix of giving a “biased, discriminatory” offer to Mo'Nique for a one-hour comedy special around November 2017.

In the 39-page filing, Mo’Nique calls out everyone from the top executives of the Netflix management team to highlighting the gender wage gap and lack of diversity in Hollywood.

“Despite Mo'Nique’s extensive résumé, when presented with an opportunity to do an exclusive stand-up comedy special for Netflix, she was given a low-ball offer that was only a fraction of what Netflix paid other comedians,” according to the lawsuit, which seeks unspecified damages and was filed on her behalf by attorneys at the deRubertis Law Firm, APC and Schimmel & Parks, APLC.

Last edited:
There's minorities all over Netflix.

It was never about black women being underpaid. It was always about her

Dave & Chris got a bag. So there goes her racial discrimination

Ava & Shonda got a bag as well. So there goes her racial AND gender discrimination

She just can't face the fact they wasn't gonna shell out a bunch of money for someone that folks wasn't checking for.

She ain't even out there like that and I'm already tired of her....

Ha ha beta said coming on over to hulu..

she has a case in my eyes

Nah, 'cause noooooooooooobody checkin' for a Monique stand-up special. Netflix can make the case that she's no longer known for her stand-up, therefore a special centered around her huffin', puffin', and sweatin' profusely on stage trying to make people laugh would be bad for business. Even when she was known for comedy she wasn't a big draw. She wasn't packing shows like that at any point in her career unlike the other folks gettin' shows. Plus, right now she's known more for being a bitter asshole than anything else, so there's an even bigger case to be made that she's a liability more than an asset and they just ain't fuckin with nobody like that.

Last edited:
Dave & Chris got a bag. So there goes her racial discrimination

Ava & Shonda got a bag as well. So there goes her racial AND gender discrimination

She just can't face the fact they wasn't gonna shell out a bunch of money for someone that folks wasn't checking for.

This.

She pretty much gotta build her stand up brand back up again.

Unless she has some serious evidence it seems like a trash case

But u know this shit is never about the truth if u make a solid enough case so she might have a shot

There's minorities all over Netflix.

It was never about black women being underpaid. It was always about her
To be fair, a few years ago Wanda Sykes was supposed to do a special for Netflix and they lowballed her. She took her talents to epix and dropped a special there. She just did a special that came out on netflix a few months ago, which I'm sure was for a bigger bag.

This is what monique coulda did. Work only recognize work.

Netflix has been conveniently putting a few of those Sommore specials closer to front since her previous transgression

To be fair, a few years ago Wanda Sykes was supposed to do a special for Netflix and they lowballed her. She took her talents to epix and dropped a special there. She just did a special that came out on netflix a few months ago, which I'm sure was for a bigger bag.

This is what monique coulda did. Work only recognize work.

Monique doesn't know how to play the long game. Wanda saw what she needed to do and got hers. Even if Monique tried it now I doubt Netflix would even fuck with her 'cause of the lawsuit. She's burning every bridge possible with this shit.

Negrodamus prediction: In 5 years Monique will be the spokesperson for some bullshit MLM 'cause she can't get work in Hollywood.

Last edited:
is this real life?

I had to check the date on the thread a few times

i mean i guess its worth a shot if she's not doing nothing else....the lawyer probably doing this off the muscle

I was thinking she did this like two years ago. What the hell is this girls problem? All this time bitching about Netflix she could of tried to put some shit out herself. Then again no ones fuckin with her and hasn’t for years.

Back