Welcome To aBlackWeb

ABW Stock Exchange: All Things Investing

Just looking at the house market is ridiculous. I'm in the dfw and houses that was 150k is now 250 and the 250 one are 400k.... people can't afford that.

I go on realtor.com and see the same thing around the USA and the wages don't go up. People need to be able to afford the place they live at and not be priced out. And, if people can't afford the housing then who's going to buy them.

The investors, that's who. I said in another thread, but these are the conditions that caused the crash back in 2008. Homes values were inflated astronomically so the people living in these markets couldn't afford to buy and rentals became entirely too expensive because of the investors. So the only people buying from investors were other investors, just like now.

I'm moving back to MI in March, hopefully it collapses by then, I want a crib in my moms subdivision or close by. They should be back down to earth by then.

Look at the 2008 stock charts. Shits very similar to what happened in the covid crash.

I think it took like 3-4 months for stock prices to get back to pre crash prices.

All that to say, you only lose if you sell.

Now if you have a ton of your money in a company that doesnt recover after the crash, your fucked.

But if you have a diverse portfolio or if you put most your money in a major index fund, youre gonna actually make money after the crash.

The 08 recession took like 8 years to recover from, from a overall economic point of view.

But the stock market recovered in just months and then had record gains the next few years.

For more experience investors..My question is with everything that going in the economy. How would someone like myself know when it time to sit on the hands? These big swings in the Dow is scary.. I took my money out but was that the right decision?

My gut is telling I'm right because the housing market is at all time highs. And, I don't recall people buying all these houses in 2018 and 2019... So, how all of a sudden people have money to purchase these home?

Damn Citadel saying Robinhood really did those things back in January with GameStop

So Robinhood had some excuse for halting meme stock buy orders but didn't impose those restrictions on Citadel who they primarily do business with?

Lol why is Citadel snitching on themselves am I understanding this wrong?

Back