Welcome To aBlackWeb

ABW Stock Exchange: All Things Investing

Yikes, at least you weren't in it for just hundreds. Circa 2007, when I was just a couple years out of college I put 100% of my savings (less than 10k) in a company that was suppose to blow. I forgot their name but they were going to be a nationwide Dave and Busters, before Dave and Busters. The head of the company was one of the people that started Chuck-e-cheese so he knew games, food service, expenses, he also had a good executive team with all the experience and connections you would dream of for a new sector of casual dining/entertainment . Flash forward to 2008/2009 they crashed in burned in the financial crisis. Ended up loosing ever dollar of my investment .

I also had bought my first condo at a high interest rate months before at the height of the market. Within 2 year was upside down in that loan by 80k. Also had to move to a lower paying job in that time since people were getting fired where I worked. I was legitimately living on cup-o-noodles, canned soup, pb&j sandwiches and credit card debt for a good 8 months until I got a promotion at the new job.

*addition* Took me another 2 years to get out of the debt incurred in that time frame
Goated for sharing your story and getting outta that mess

How often do you guys reevaluate your losing positions? I am on the fence about selling my only dog: Robinhood stock. I really like them long term. They are adding crypto wallets next year, have more than enough funding to aim for growth and not profit for the next 5 years and they have a super young userbase so they can add other financial instruments (3 click car/home loans, crypto/stock credit cards, etc..) and grow with their users.

It is just that they dont seem to scale fast enough and square/cashapp and paypal can take their market share.

SO when do you guys cut your positions?

How often do you guys reevaluate your losing positions? I am on the fence about selling my only dog: Robinhood stock. I really like them long term. They are adding crypto wallets next year, have more than enough funding to aim for growth and not profit for the next 5 years and they have a super young userbase so they can add other financial instruments (3 click car/home loans, crypto/stock credit cards, etc..) and grow with their users.

It is just that they dont seem to scale fast enough and square/cashapp and paypal can take their market share.

If I believe in the company (which Robinhood I personally do) I keep averaging my share price down.

If I buy into something for short term gains I make sure to set a stop loss.

If u didn't set a stop loss and u are at a loss gotta evaluate what about the company caused the drop. If it was something due to market conditions it may go back up. If it was due to changes the company made it may take longer to recover and best to just rip the band aid off asap.

I don't think there's a right or wrong answer though cuz u never know what will happen.

Fam I just follow the plan.

I always have a plan when I get into a stock.

And I try to not let pride, FOMO, or loss take me off the plan.

And thats because I done fucked up too much not following my plan.

Nowadays, ill set my price, and if it goes under, I sell.

And if it goes back, I dont stress it.

Fuck Tesla

So I just got done doing my numbers, and I had a good year. Not as good as I thought I was having, but still good.

Up 57%, which translates to a nice 5 digit number.

Looking at my year, the meme stocks wave is what fucked me over. Lmaoooo.

I lost a grip trying to chase them mfers.

Lessons learned though.

This January, gonna put a good amount of money in some sure fire shits (appl, msft, goog, tsla) and some in my mutual fund, and let it ride.

No more chasing memes.

My principle is starting to get to a good place, so ill soon just be looking for 15% to 25% a year and chill.

Aye, my plan was to get into a Nasdaq-100 fund this year.

Its a bit more risky than a regular Nasdaq fund or a S+P 500 tracking fund.

The top 100 companies in the Nasdaq are almost all tech. Especially when you look at it from a weighted %.

So again, I wouldnt suggest making this anyones primary holding.

But if you are like me and want to put a percentage of your money on something that is still a ton less riskier than individual stock but want more growth than the S+P, its worth considering putting 15-25% of your portfolio in something like this.

If you read this far, here is the good shit. After a ton of research and number crunching, I can say QQQM is the best fund to buy if you are looking to hold for atleast 12 months. Its the one im going with cause im holding this bitch extra long term.

If you are investing knowing you might have to sell your investment at any moment, go with QQQ

Here are my blue stock picks of the year. Haven't decided 100% if I'm getting all of them. But here is all my research dumped into it.

Stocks2021 YTDDividend per 10kPEG Ratio 5 YrsOvervalued?2022 Forecast (CNN) (MEDIAN Projections)Thoughts
Appl
38.55%​
$49.29​
2.02​
Overvalued just a lil bit
-1%​
Supply chain worries me, probably will avoid
GOOGL
69.50%​
$0​
1.09​
Undervalued
15.20%​
No worries, buying for sure
AMZN
5.85%​
$0​
1.83​
Undervalued just a lil bit
19.40%​
I like that 2021 was a down year, it makes sense 2022 would be a up year
TSLA
46.67%​
$0​
5.31​
Overvalued a lot
-13.50%​
No logical reason to buy. Everything points to Sell. FOMO is the only reason to buy. I'll probably still buy
MSFT
57.18%​
$67​
2.30​
10%​
No worries, buying for sure
NVDA
126%​
$5.28​
2.68​
18.80%​
Supply chain worries me, probably will avoid

As of now, i'm thinking GOOGL, AMZN, and MSFT are my for sure.

I'll probably also buy TSLA just to fucking lose money on it due to FOMO. SMFH

@Sion fam do me a favor and double check my homework. You don't gotta spend too much time, just wondering how you feel overall about these stocks.

@Dwayne @shutupGabi -- just @ing you two here since you both tend to ask about what to buy.

If these mfers lose, then my bad. Lmao. But I aint telling anyone anything I wouldn't put my money in.

Sure fam, I think Apple is fairly valued, Tesla is undervalued, and Microsoft is a bit overvalued. Apple will still experience a lot of growth moving forward and I would consider making a long-term investment in Apple. Tesla on the other hand is just getting started and is only planting the seeds for what will become a tremendous success down the line. They JUST turned their first profit last year and with the AI system they're yet to launch, the growing success of their battery both as a power source and energy conservation for mining and energy companies as well as the fact they can produce cars faster than the competition they have a very long way to go before they plateau. In the coming years Tesla will experience more profits. Crazy to think only last year in 2020 Tesla turned it's first profit. Tesla and Apple will be one of those companies to mint millionaires in 5-10 years - they already have.

The rest are overvalued and I wouldn't invest in them personally. Now something to note, since the economy is getting out of the pandemic and realizing Omicron isn't as dangerous as previously thought, once all the restrictions are lifted and economy out of recession (it's ready out but it takes time for markets to adjust) markets will have a long run. Generally after recession, markets have on average a 8.5 year run. The 1990s and 2010s had longer runs than previous ones. I suspect the 2020s will be much less the same. That being said, one can pick companies which are overvalued and still do well not because of their research, but because markets are moving up because the economy and overall sentiment is positive.

I would also consider oil and gas companies since the sector experienced a huge run up this year. Many of those companies doubled this year alone. Of course be selective because they're not yet out of the water as an industry and face challenges as people and governments implement laws to phase them out in favor of cleaner/more efficient forms of energy.

Preciate you fam.

I valued all these companies on where they stand today in 2021. I purposefully didnt consider what they are projected to do in the future. Just looked at dollar amounts, profits, dividends, and growth in 2021.

With that said, I really like AMZN. They had a down year in 2021, but they have a ton of cash on hand. Im thinking their new president is gonna want to have a big splash in 2022.

AMZN is my #1 choice for 2022.

My #2 is MSFT. Their cloud technology (Azure) is getting bigger and bigger, and I think they are undervalued.

GOOGL is my #3. Their income is diverse as fuck and not reliant at all on retail sales. I see them having a monster 2022.

TSLA is my #4. I think TSLA might have a down year in 2022, but itll outpace everything else by 2025. Their AI technology is way above the rest. EVs are gonna crash in 2022-2023, but TSLA is gonna grow because imo they are more of an AI company than a EV company now imo.

Everything else is too risky for me.

NAKD reverse split

View attachment 723926
View attachment 723927

Went from flip to potential long term hold. They making moves at least.

damn, I'm glad I cashed out a month before this happened. fuck alladat.

Btw, 70% of my invesment will still be in indexeses. (55% tracking the s+p, and 15% the dow-100).

Im gonna put 30% of my shit in these 4 stocks evenly.
You gonna be straight if you consistently dollar cost average into those positions each month. You'll be suprised at the growth of your portfolio come Dec. 31, 2022

I love to see y'all getting to the bag!!

Last edited:
Back