Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY ABW Oversight Commission

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

King Freeman

There has been plenty of back and forth over the last few years over posters doing too much when in their feelings and mods abusing the mod privileges when in their feelings.

Its seemingly got us nowhere and the site owner @Goldie ?? has suggested posters suggest rule changes that suit them. Instead of changing/imposing rules I propose implementing a strike system which will deter mod abuse, offer a chance for calm, keep these disputes from leaking into other threads on the site, and bring a level of accountability to the table.

After essentially being told to put up or shut up I'm choosing to put up.

I propose...

7 person commission.

Everyone besides mods will get to throw their name in the hat but they have to have 1k posts to be eligible.

We as a site will vote on that group.

A 5-2 decision has to be passed for a decision to go forward otherwise the site votes.

After 3 non decisions by the committee. They will be disbanded and the selection process will reopen otherwise we revisit the selection process every year.

2 day deliberation.

Any poster no matter how many posts is eligible to make a claim against a mod for a perceived infraction.

15 days after percieved infraction by the mod for the poster to make claim.

Footprints on any mod post edits, deletions, account changes or bans. I.e when a mod edits or deletes a post it shows who made the change in the thread, if a mod changes something in an account said persons account receives a notification of who so they can communicate through PM as to why, when a mod bans someone theres a site wide notification that a poster was banned and by which mod. Mods don't need to explain why unless brought to court.

A lost case is a strike against a mod.

We'll need to collectively vote on how many strikes until a privilege suspension.

I will chair only the creation of this commission, and votes going forward. I will not enter my name into the hat to be one of the 7 members of the commission.

Once a group is chosen they can decide on a chairman of the commission themselves and I will fallback.

I'm open to suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ayo fam, this is a lot

I feel you tho

nigga know good and damn well this shit not gone work

Mac really is a good listener if you need somebody to talk, not even lying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back