Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY ABW Official Pet Thread

I'm not sure yet tbh, mainly depends on what i can get with my budget.
there are very nice full bred dogs you can get for that price, but you gonna have to hunt or if you know somebody who into dog breeding, they might be able to put you on

but it varies from area to area

i would try craigslist as a start b/c some people just be trying to get rid of dogs and you might luck up and find a full blooded breed if you care about that kinda thing

Anybody know a good website to find dogs for around $500?:yikes1:

Most spots I'm seeing are going for $1k-2k
You can get a really good dog for cheap at the humane society. In my experience they've been great dogs. I've had 3 from the humane society. All obedient and very friendly. If you don't care about what breed it is or if it's a full breed or not then I'd go there. My guess is you were looking at full breeds that had papers with them(show dogs)

For someone who just wants a pet, should I really care if it's a full breed or mixed breed? Any big difference?

For someone who just wants a pet, should I really care if it's a full breed or mixed breed? Any big difference?
im not an avid pet person but i think the breed matters when it comes to the overall health of the dog

like its probably not the best idea to have a dog that was bred from a dog that gets poor eye sight sooner in life with a dog that is prone for walking issues as it gets in the back half of its life

idk man, i might not be making sense, but not all mixed breeds are bad b/c thats how we have a ton of the dogs we have currently. Like the Maltese poodle. I think once you start crossing shit like a maltese with yet another breed, shit can go downhill

but i'll gladly defer to someone much more knowledgeable than I am

Im getting a puppy here soon.

Any tips?

Do puppies sleep thru the night?

If im training it do i need to take it out to pee in middle of night?

Never had a puppy before

Also be sure to get pet insurance, vet bills can get pricey. Pet insurance really goes a long way man and deeply consider what's included in your policy, some people leave certain things out to pay lower premiums and then something happens and they wish they kept it. Always consider changing or upgrading your pet insurance plan as your pet gets older just as you would your own health insurance.
Anyone here use pet insurance?

What that run u?

U feel its worth it?

Got a puppy Australian shepherd

Tryn figure out what tricks to teach it

Gonna try teach him to be a weed finding dog

Back