Welcome To aBlackWeb

ABW Motorsports/Formula 1 Thread ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ - China Grand Prix ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ณ

I am a super casual. Can someone explain to me why Hamilton's car was subpar last year? What suddenly changed from his title winning years?

I am a super casual. Can someone explain to me why Hamilton's car was subpar last year? What suddenly changed from his title winning years?

The design rules for the car change every few years, in this last change the way the car generates downforce Mercedes was unable to develop a car that can maintain high downforce. Redbull was able to adapt to this rule change, probably because they have an engineer that is adapt in the aerodynamic development. Mercedes in the preceeding years have been dominant in part by their engine design that produced significantly more power.

If Mercedes is able to understand the aerodynamic issues they will be more competitive this season; Redbull will probably have the better car this season as well.

The design rules for the car change every few years, in this last change the way the car generates downforce Mercedes was unable to develop a car that can maintain high downforce. Redbull was able to adapt to this rule change, probably because they have an engineer that is adapt in the aerodynamic development. Mercedes in the preceeding years have been dominant in part by their engine design that produced significantly more power.

If Mercedes is able to understand the aerodynamic issues they will be more competitive this season; Redbull will probably have the better car this season as well.
Thanks for this.

Back