Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY ABW How To Series: Tutorial on how to properly use the Search feature

AP2.5

Beef Authority
Site Administrator
this is probably long overdue, but just thought i should make this b/c there still seems to be some that dont know just how to work the search function.

one huge thing to note is that the search box does not do well with words less than four (4) letters iirc. So you cant go around searching for threads using words like "the" "and" "for" "four", etc...

with that being said, when creating a thread, try to avoid using a lot of 3-4 letter words in the title. I mean, if you remember the thread starter, you could try and search for it that way, which is how i was able to find the Home Buying thread IP360 made months ago.

A perfect example was just a lil while ago when someone said

upload_2018-7-10_13-27-52.png

now...i knew there was a thread about this already, so using the search feature, i typed in "bother" for a couple of reasons.

I keep up with about 90% of the threads created here, so i know there aren't THAT many threads with the word "bother" in the title, but again, i knew for sure there was a thread about this movie that was made.

upload_2018-7-10_13-31-49.png

Notice that I checked the box "search titles only" b/c i dont want this to turn out having a bunch of posts with the word bother in it.

So lets see what my search revealed

upload_2018-7-10_13-33-16.png

Three threads that were made about the same movie. I think i closed the one made by illestnine9 or whatever. I probably should've just merged them, but whatever. You get the gist.

The next time you think about making a thread and there is a chance that you for a sec think there is a possibility that it was made, try using the search feature utilizing the info I just shared with you, in an effort to reduce the multiple threads on the same topic being created.

Yea, adding tags to the threads makes the search engine way easier to use.

And try not to use wild ass tags like "i like captain crunch more than frosted flakes cuz..." . If it's a thread about capt crunch, just make the tag "capt crunch".

Nah, if it's a duplicate thread AP will just merge them so why bother searching and waste my time doing so

Nah, if it's a duplicate thread AP will just merge them so why bother searching
so i dont have to merge them and it actually forces people to look up stuff prior to creating a thread

i see you have nothing to add here

good day

Yea, adding tags to the threads makes the search engine way easier to use.

And try not to use wild ass tags like "i like captain crunch more than frosted flakes cuz..." . If it's a thread about capt crunch, just make the tag "capt crunch".
i was gonna cover adding tags, but thank you site owner

Also if you put a word/string of words in quotes then search, it should only pull up posts that have that specific word or phrase in it.

Can help narrow searches down.

Also if you put a word/string of words in quotes then search, it should only pull up posts that have that specific word or phrase in it.

Can help narrow searches down.

thanks Judah

you are definitely doing a 180 from what Chitownb was up in here doing

I've been trying to find the Rob Zombie - Three From Hell thread that i made for 30 mins. Search is ass juice.

I've been trying to find the Rob Zombie - Three From Hell thread that i made for 30 mins. Search is ass juice.
meant to post this, but the reason you cant find it, is b/c it doesnt exist, but you already knew that

Ok, so, today, we're going to discuss another way to search for a topic.

let's say you remember @atribedcalledgabi made a thread that really interested you, but you, for the love of chicken and waffles, cant remember what the damn thread was called verbatim, or the words werent long enough to put in the search box.

The easiest way to find the thread would be to click on her name

and go to "profile page"

upload_2018-8-14_6-58-33.png

once there, go all the way down until you see "find all threads created by atribedcalledgabi"

upload_2018-8-14_6-59-18.png

Profit???

upload_2018-8-14_6-59-56.png

Back