Welcome To aBlackWeb

ABW Home Improvement (DIY, Hacks, etc...) Thread

sounds like you got an overload somewhere

ya'll dont know anybody who's and electrician?

nah....my brother in law knows a lot its just about him having time

I've been doing all this shit

so with that said, the only "somewhere" the overload could be is on the dishwasher itself

I read that if the motor is going bad, it can cause that

was just trying not to buy ANOTHER appliance this year smh

no problems so far

discovered even more problems with the septic system tho

shit was doomed from jump when the house was built

some genius decided the tank needed to go directly under a tree.....got roots all in my shit and the line to the sprinklers is broken so its just backing up

i miss city living sometimes

Out wit the old...
20191205_004140.jpg

In wit the new...
20191205_023410.jpg

I hated the fact they painted wit the thermostat still attached to the wall. Damn there had to peel the paint from around the thermostat in or order to take it off the wall. I'll scrape the rest of that off later and either repaint or something.

After that...just followed the instructions on hookin up the wires. After realizing I missed one, we finally got it workin. Felt the difference after 5mins. Also...didn't know it can play your music. The real test will be seeing the difference in our bill.

Out wit the old...
View attachment 198022

In wit the new...
View attachment 198023

I hated the fact they painted wit the thermostat still attached to the wall. Damn there had to peel the paint from around the thermostat in or order to take it off the wall. I'll scrape the rest of that off later and either repaint or something.

After that...just followed the instructions on hookin up the wires. After realizing I missed one, we finally got it workin. Felt the difference after 5mins. Also...didn't know it can play your music. The real test will be seeing the difference in our bill.
That hard to do?

Swappin a thermostat

Out wit the old...
View attachment 198022

In wit the new...
View attachment 198023

The ecobee os dope AF! I love it!

Anyone ever replace a water heater?

Is it easy to DIY or should i pay a plumber.
I've done one with my electrician brother and my girls brother is a plumber and I've helped him do several.

It's not crazy hard at all, look at a few videos. And have a helper.

Where is it located?

I've done one with my electrician brother and my girls brother is a plumber and I've helped him do several.

It's not crazy hard at all, look at a few videos. And have a helper.

Where is it located?
Its in my basement

Its older than me. Says its been kickin since 88

IMG_20191209_124319347.jpg

Think imma do it

Its in my basement

Its older than me. Says its been kickin since 88

View attachment 199529

Think imma do it
It looks like you got solid copper lines going into it. It might not be as easy as I thought.
You need to make sure the new ine is that height or shorter.
You might have to throw a flex hose onto the end of the copper line to reach the new one

It looks like you got solid copper lines going into it. It might not be as easy as I thought.
You need to make sure the new ine is that height or shorter.
You might have to throw a flex hose onto the end of the copper line to reach the new one
Yea i only watched 1 vid so far.

Looks like they jus cut the copper and quick-connect w a flex hose.

Yea i only watched 1 vid so far.

Looks like they jus cut the copper and quick-connect w a flex hose.

Yeah. That's doesn't seem too bad. You might have trouble with those quick connects down the line in like 5-10 years though.

@OhMars for what parts would i need a 2nd person for?

Wifey gonna tell me to hire somebody if she gotta actually help
Picking that bitch up. It's heavy ass fuck, and if it's that old it's probably got a lot of sediment just sitting at the bottom making it super heavy.
And basic pass me this and that kinda shit.
Seeing if water is still draining from the hose
etc.

I don't wanna discourage you with the connections, just giving you a heads up.

shiiid...goat if you was a G, you would just carry that bitch on ya back

Back