Welcome To aBlackWeb

ABW Home Improvement (DIY, Hacks, etc...) Thread

Yeah, I didn't measure shit before buy this sectional. Probably should have. I've never been a fan or area rugs on carpet, but I'll look into it. I've had that ottoman for like 10 years and I LOVE it. Maybe pay to have it reupholstered to match?

This why I didn't ask you niggas opinion, fuck off :foh5:
You should've asked your battle for the boot brotha lol

I got style b.

But the ladies are steering you in the right direction

You should've asked your battle for the boot brotha lol

I got style b.

But the ladies are steering you in the right direction

Nigga would have had me putting purple and gold all over the place. :chillout:

I got a few more extra dollas to spend so I'ma look and rugs and end tables today. Also gonna get a quote to reupholster the Ottoman, I ain't ready to let that go lol

Yeah, I didn't measure shit before buy this sectional. Probably should have. I've never been a fan or area rugs on carpet, but I'll look into it. I've had that ottoman for like 10 years and I LOVE it. Maybe pay to have it reupholstered to match?

I don't think you'd have to buy a new ottoman or get the one you have reupholstered...that would be just as expensive as getting a new one.

Like Kandy said, get an area rug...that alone will help tie your colors together

Maybe think about throw pillows too...your accessories can really transform your space

Just an idea of where to start:

Last edited:
I don't think you'd have to buy a new ottoman or get the one you have reupholstered...that would be just as expensive as getting a new one.

Like Kandy said, get an area rug...that alone will help tie your colors together

Maybe think about throw pillows too...your accessories can really transform your space

Just an idea of where to start:

I like the one in that last link. So it just needs to be big enough to go under the Ottoman or does it need to cover more area?

I like the one in that last link. So it just needs to be big enough to go under the Ottoman or does it need to cover more area?
There are others in that color scheme you may like also...I see some better patterns and colorways. Check out the "similar items" and see how you feel.

You want the rug to extend from underneath the ottoman. Look at the customer review pics to see what I'm talking about.

Do you love that lampshade too? I'm only asking because I'm choosing rugs that have red in them to tie everything together.

I like this rug too...but then I'd use throw pillows with a touch of red/gold to pull in the lampshade.

Last edited:
Im not tied to the lamp shade @Scandalust313
If you don't want to keep it there are options:

So if you switched out your lampshade for a different color, like black/brown/tan, etc...would you still want a rug with red/burgundy or some other color to give the room a little pop?

If you don't want to keep it there are options:

So if you switched out your lampshade for a different color, like black/brown/tan, etc...would you still want a rug with red/burgundy or some other color to give the room a little pop?

Some pop would be nice

Yea you can definitely get reupholstered. You could even do it yourself. That couch nice af. I’m actually debating on a sectional. Rugs save the carpet.

Yea you can definitely get reupholstered. You could even do it yourself. That couch nice af. I’m actually debating on a sectional. Rugs save the carpet.
Okay...so I'm thinking you change the lampshade to a more neutral color like brown or dark tan, maybe even cream and get an area rug with all those colors with some/red or burgundy for the pop. Personally, I'd choose a rug and even throw pillows, with burgundy. Those are strong colors for a man's home

@WilberDMillz @Loquacious

What do y'all think of this lampshade...style and color?

And this rug?

@WilberDMillz @Loquacious

What do y'all think of this lampshade...style and color?

And this rug?
I like the lampshade. I personally hate rugs like that. Idk why those were never appealing to me.

I like the lampshade. I personally hate rugs like that. Idk why those were never appealing to me.
I feel you...I was moreso trying to look at it from @WilberDMillz POV and what he may like in his home.

I like the rug you picked too.

So if we go for all the muted colors/tones are we then gonna do throw pillows for the pop of color? If so, is burgundy the chosen color? Or are we doing throw pillows with all the colors of the furniture and rug with the pop of color mixed in?

I feel you...I was moreso trying to look at it from @WilberDMillz POV and what he may like in his home.

I like the rug you picked too.

So if we go for all the muted colors/tones are we then gonna do throw pillows for the pop of color? If so, is burgundy the chosen color? Or are we doing throw pillows with all the colors of the furniture and rug with the pop of color mixed in?
Burgundy or burnt orange

Oooo burnt orange is nice! I didn't think of that.

What about something with both of those colors with maybe a cream/tan in there? Or is that too much? Just the solid burgundy or solid orange?
Too much for a man. I think he need two burgundy and two burnt orange pillows. The couch had enough brown in it. The lampshades and beige in the rug will be enough. And he need to get that damn lamp from that curtain.

Damn, I link both of those rugs! 3x5 will be big enough? Decisions, decisions lol
That living room bout to be lit @WilberDMillz

It is! I really appreciate y'all!

I'm about to go out with my mom to eat. I'll pick back up on this later.

Back