Welcome To aBlackWeb

ABW Home Improvement (DIY, Hacks, etc...) Thread

Oh trust me I know bout them country bugs. I’m not in the country but we got a bayou in the back and these mosquitos no joke.
Man I had to spray my backyard 3 times last spring cause them niggas was relentless, lol.

Then we got a million stink bugs out here. I don't know how they do it but they're going to find a way in. They like the Jordan of bugs. You're not going to stop them, you can only wish to contain them.

Last edited:
Man I had to spray my backyard 3 times last spring cause them niggas was relentless, lol.

Them we got a million stink bugs out here. I don't know how they do it but they're going to find a way in. They like the Jordan of bugs. You're not going to stop them, you can only wish to contain them.

Dead lmaoo

So im looking to install about 200 ft of fence around a house...quickly realized it can be one of the most expensive things you can do to a house.

The backyard sits about 5 ft lower than the sidewalks (where im installing the fences)...rock retaining walls is cover that portion.

To extend the rock wall by 6 ft costs 13 thousand fuckin g's at the lowest. Obviously that's cost prohibitive. To even repair the rock i have will cost around 2 thousand (which eventually ill get to).

So im left with few options here. Metal or vinyl will cost around 4 to 5 thousand just for the material.

I hate chain links but thats lookin like the most bang for the buck at this point. Even the material for that is going to cost over a thousand...plus them shits are a pain to put up. Might as well pay for the installation with them.

One option i been lookin at was corrugated metal fence. Essentially using roof panels on fences. They look nice imo, cheap, and i read they're strong and last a long time:

Anybody has experience with them?

So im looking to install about 200 ft of fence around a house...quickly realized it can be one of the most expensive things you can do to a house.

The backyard sits about 5 ft lower than the sidewalks (where im installing the fences)...rock retaining walls is cover that portion.

To extend the rock wall by 6 ft costs 13 thousand fuckin g's at the lowest. Obviously that's cost prohibitive. To even repair the rock i have will cost around 2 thousand (which eventually ill get to).

So im left with few options here. Metal or vinyl will cost around 4 to 5 thousand just for the material.

I hate chain links but thats lookin like the most bang for the buck at this point. Even the material for that is going to cost over a thousand...plus them shits are a pain to put up. Might as well pay for the installation with them.

One option i been lookin at was corrugated metal fence. Essentially using roof panels on fences. They look nice imo, cheap, and i read they're strong and last a long time:

Anybody has experience with them?
This is definitely a project I wouldn't diy

This is definitely a project I wouldn't diy

Yeah it doesnt help that its a corner lot so its about a 6 inch gap from the retaining wall to the sidewalk.

Im scared to death of digging holes and fuckin up the retaining wall beyond repair.

But it would save a bunch money to diy....doesnt seem like thats possible tho.

:Will:

Ladies
@Loquacious
@Race Jones
@shutupGabi
@Whis Khalifa
@Scandalust313
@B_A

With or without the oversized swivel chair?View attachment 535036View attachment 535037Without the chair it's a lot of open space there imo. With the chair it's kinda tight there. I have a smaller swivel chair in my room I could probably switch with this one.
Without...and move the ottoman over a little more to the center

If you can keep the other swivel chair out, do that...you don't need it IMO

Nice sectional

Edit: Have you thought about moving the sectional over just a smidge so you can move the end table so the edge of it doesn't rest on the door frame? Or turn it the long way? It's really bothersome to me the way it is now lol

Last edited:
Without...and move the ottoman over a little more to the center

If you can keep the other swivel chair out, do that...you don't need it IMO

Nice sectional

Edit: Have you thought about moving the sectional over just a smidge so you can move the end table so the edge of it doesn't rest on the door frame? Or turn it the long way? It's really bothersome to me the way it is now lol

That's bothering me too. I think I can move it enough to clear the door frame. I just bought the sectional yesterday. This was my old furniture. I'm burning the packaging the sectional came in, I'll push it over in a sec and report back.

PXL_20210513_030351004~2.jpg

Bruh.

if I make a change in our living room, bedroom, daughter bedroom or kitchen she puts it right back the way she want it lol.

Only room she don’t care about is my sons room, game room, and office. And still be having something to say and “give pointers” Lololololol

That's bothering me too. I think I can move it enough to clear the door frame. I just bought the sectional yesterday. This was my old furniture. I'm burning the packaging the sectional came in, I'll push it over in a sec and report back.

View attachment 535050
Ahhh now I see why you want to put a chair in that space....you're just used to having something there. But you don't need to fill up the little available space you have.

You have too big furniture for that space. Look into a slimmer end table. Also get a nice rug and maybe a new ottoman to match your couch somewhere down the line. That couch nice.
Yeah, I didn't measure shit before buy this sectional. Probably should have. I've never been a fan or area rugs on carpet, but I'll look into it. I've had that ottoman for like 10 years and I LOVE it. Maybe pay to have it reupholstered to match?

Wilber living room look like that episode of Martin when him and Gina moved in together and couldn't decide whose furniture to keep lol

This why I didn't ask you niggas opinion, fuck off :foh5:

You have too big furniture for that space. Look into a slimmer end table. Also get a nice rug and maybe a new ottoman to match your couch somewhere down the line. That couch nice.
Agreed...this is house furniture

I've been here before lol...but I had the furniture when I lived in a much bigger apartment then moved to another apartment with less square footage but I gained another bdrm. I moved a couple of pieces to that room and made it a den.

The couch and love seat I took out was my apartment furniture I had 3years ago when I had my house built. It was cheap and wore kinda fast, it was only 5 years old🤦🏾‍♂️

Back