Welcome To aBlackWeb

ABW Home Improvement (DIY, Hacks, etc...) Thread

shiiid...goat if you was a G, you would just carry that bitch on ya back
I looked it up and says heaviest ppl saying they weigh w sedinent build up is like 150lbs

Thats nothing to worry about esp with a dolly

Im more worried about fuckin with gas lines. I dont wanna blow up

I looked it up and says heaviest ppl saying they weigh w sedinent build up is like 150lbs

i see you being serious today lol

yea, this is definitely out my wheelhouse

i got a couple lil knick knack projects i hope to complete soon, but being a realist, it probably wont be until 1st qtr 2020

3 things I don’t fuck around with in my house:

Electrical
HVAC
Plumbing

If you’ve never even seen someone do this type of work in person, leave it to the professionals. Be sitting up there with no hot water for days.

And you married? Wifey definitely not going for that.

I've personally carried much heavier water heaters. But usually they are on attics down here,making the job much harder.

Gas ain't no problem, just make sure you tape it up really good. You can even but a leak detector if you worried.

IMG_20191214_101832153.jpg

tenor.gif

Walked downstairs yesterday and saw water draining from somewhere. Got closer...fuccin sink in the basement...

20191216_011720.jpg
(pic I took when I 1st bought my house)

...was overfilled wit water!

Thought at 1st a pipe busted. No. Pipe that drains from the sink upstairs could be clogged. B/c when the water drains down, it's coming out of the sink downstairs. Smh. Gotta wait til Wednesday for the plumber to come thru.

In the meantime...bought a wet vac to drain the downstairs sink, everytime it fills up when the upstairs sink gets used. Sooooo...any advice?

Idk u own a pipe snake?

Supercheap and will handle it if its just clogged

I started to buy one too. Had the warranty company send a plumber to come out. Dude snakes the pipe behind my dryer, use the plunger in the sink, then snake'd the pipe on the basement floor. Nothin.

Then tells me that the pipe may have busted b/c the line pulled back mud. Me thinkin how much that would cost...

c32f0d53-3a30-4380-a9a3-cfeefa1f1ecc.gif

S/o finds another company in case shyt gotta be dug up. Dude comes by. Explain the situation. Told him what the other plumber said. He get his snake. Also snakes the pipe behind the dryer...sink fuccin uncloggs.

Ran the water and noticed the floor pipe starts to fill up. He worked on that for minute. Noticed possible grease maybe the reason. Finally got that shyt cleared where its drainin properly.

The difference? 1st guy didn't even have a long enough snake?!?!?! Smh. I'm just happy don't have to shell out a over 1k. Welp on to the next issue wit my furnace.

@Thor

this is the idea

obviously, im going to use most of the concepts and make it larger to accommodate the things i mentioned in the OT thread.

since my modem and router sit upright, im already thinking of putting them both at the bottom where his modem is.

The external HDD will probably sit above it where his router is.

I might also have a place for my pencil/pen holder OR maybe build it big enough to fit my pc on it to make more room on my desk where my pc currently sits

since my modem and router sit upright, im already thinking of putting them both at the bottom where his modem is.

The external HDD will probably sit above it where his router is.

I might also have a place for my pencil/pen holder OR maybe build it big enough to fit my pc on it to make more room on my desk where my pc currently sits

That seem easy enough.

Are you going to stain the wood before you build it?

I might consider it, but i really like my shit to match

the color of the futon in the room is dark brown expresso iirc, so is my TV stand

if this was my forever house, i would ditch the desk altogether and make a floating one and stain it the same brown

OR, if push comes to shove, I would consider leaving it bare, then when i move in a couple of years, finally stain it to match everything

This the shit I like to see.

What type of wood are you going to use?
The dude that inspired the build didnt use anything crazy, so i think im gonna keep it that way

I think i might get a slightly better deal at a lumber yard but its kinda out my way so HD most likely gonna be where i go

Lowe's just started offering 5% off purchases if you use their card which is what HD used to do so i might open up an account there just for that. Shit be coming in handy

Back