Welcome To aBlackWeb

ABW defines "hypebeast"

where the rest of these niggas at lol

any other time they posting all kinds of shoes and shit but get quiet when the section pogo

What do you think is a hypebeast? The Site owner and I have been having a discussion about this and it's clear at least the two of us view hypebeasts as something different?

Dictionary.com defines it as:

A hypebeast is a mostly derogatory slang word for someone, usually a man, who follows trends in fashion, particularly streetwear, for the purpose of making a social statement.

Urban dictionary defines it as:

A hypebeast is a slang for someone who is a beast (obsessed) about the hype (in fashion), and will do whatever it takes to obtain that desired hype. The term is meant to be derogatory by ridiculing of such with a lack of style. Hyped up brands sell their products for a price more than the average clothing company and can be seen re-sold along the internet for a price much greater than retail due to the fact that it is either exclusive, or somewhat limited. Yes, even when it was worn.

Many brands include Supreme, Bathing Ape, Billionaire Boys Club/Ice Cream, OriginalFake, and many more related to streetwear. Hypebeasts buy their clothes for the logos and brand-name and completely ignores the fact if they personally like the item or not. In general terms, they just buy whatever the brand puts out and dresses to impress others by what brand-name he/she is wearing.

Hypebeasts are very much into sneakers such as Air Jordans and Nike Skateboarding. These shoes are not found in malls and closely resembling areas due to the fact that they are limited. These are bought from others and can range from $100 up to $5,000. And yes, even if they were worn.

Not all people who wear the brands above are hypebeasts (with some exception of course). People do enjoy wearing items from these brands for the sake of the item itself and actually puts forward an effort to wear a good outfit; rather than having logos with god-awful mismatches.

thing is tho as outsiders how can we say somebody was just on to something just because it’s in vs if they actually liked it ?

Like I said in the other thread, everybody's a hypebeast to some capacity. If not, niggas would buy 20 dollar shoes, 200 dollar smartphones, etc.

The wack hypebeast are mfs who ONLY buy shit cuz of the brand and niggas who dont fuck with anything that doesn't have hype.

I cop hype shit and I cop the lesser known shit. I've been coppin kicks since the 90s with the deions, the Garnetts, the kidds, the Duncan's etc, I had the nike yeezys a decade ago, this ain't nothing new to me.

I think everybody has their own thing they spend money on.

Some people are into cars and spend mad bread on their whips, I've never been that dude, but I ain't gonna try to play niggas who are super into cars, that's their lane.

Some niggas spend mad bread on the latest tech, some people like traveling and spend thousands going to different countries for a week, etc.

I been calling niggaz slaves to trends forever...

Y'all laugh at my $50 shoes, and $50 phones with $50 phone bills...

AP was hype as shit to tell me the air monarch went on sale.....
fam, i legit was showing you they were on sale b/c i know you wore them and spoke very highly of them

my phone bill less than yours too btw

but i was serious about the monarchs. The ONLY reason i havent bought them to ref in is b/c that will be the final nail in my washed coffin and im not ready to go out like that

Nigga you're the hypebeast police, you tell me.
i wasnt b/c the times were a lot simpler and I wanted the shoe b/c it looked good and at the time, i fucked with Primetime heavy

but my mama didnt have to pay more than the shoe cost and i was 1 of 2 kids in the entire school with them

fam, i legit was showing you they were on sale b/c i know you wore them and spoke very highly of them

my phone bill less than yours too btw

but i was serious about the monarchs. The ONLY reason i havent bought them to ref in is b/c that will be the final nail in my washed coffin and im not ready to go out like that
they are some great shoes.......

i definitely took advantage of the sale.... just ain't slick for posting it.

next time i'll PM you
lol, you know i dgaf about shit like that. but it was definitely played for laughs even if it was a dope sale..

i joke myself about them all the time, call them my dad shoes, even laugh while people google dad shoes to see them pop up.....

everybody ain't sensitive about jokes bruh

i was accused of making snide remarks when i post in response to something

it wasnt my intent, so i just want to make sure that i am careful of my wording when i respond to things moving forward

Back