Welcome To aBlackWeb

ABW defines "hypebeast"

AP2.5

Beef Authority
Site Administrator
What do you think is a hypebeast? The Site owner and I have been having a discussion about this and it's clear at least the two of us view hypebeasts as something different?

Dictionary.com defines it as:

A hypebeast is a mostly derogatory slang word for someone, usually a man, who follows trends in fashion, particularly streetwear, for the purpose of making a social statement.

Urban dictionary defines it as:

A hypebeast is a slang for someone who is a beast (obsessed) about the hype (in fashion), and will do whatever it takes to obtain that desired hype. The term is meant to be derogatory by ridiculing of such with a lack of style. Hyped up brands sell their products for a price more than the average clothing company and can be seen re-sold along the internet for a price much greater than retail due to the fact that it is either exclusive, or somewhat limited. Yes, even when it was worn.

Many brands include Supreme, Bathing Ape, Billionaire Boys Club/Ice Cream, OriginalFake, and many more related to streetwear. Hypebeasts buy their clothes for the logos and brand-name and completely ignores the fact if they personally like the item or not. In general terms, they just buy whatever the brand puts out and dresses to impress others by what brand-name he/she is wearing.

Hypebeasts are very much into sneakers such as Air Jordans and Nike Skateboarding. These shoes are not found in malls and closely resembling areas due to the fact that they are limited. These are bought from others and can range from $100 up to $5,000. And yes, even if they were worn.

Not all people who wear the brands above are hypebeasts (with some exception of course). People do enjoy wearing items from these brands for the sake of the item itself and actually puts forward an effort to wear a good outfit; rather than having logos with god-awful mismatches.

You might as well move our conversation to this thread cuz I ain't done killing you lol

Niggas is hypebeast in denial

You might as well move our conversation to this thread cuz I ain't done killing you lol

Niggas is hypebeast in denial
nah b

you gon get this work

i would move the posts but i think it's gonna fuck up the OP b/c of the order in which the posts were made, unless you know how to do it

If you buy these shoes bcuz they are Yeezy's, you my friend are a hypebeast.
4b0096bee5094b9e42488d4ca8628ec9

:nigga2:

Nah it's cool

Explain how you like hypebeast shoes but aren't a hypebeast?

Explain how you cop hypebeast phone's but aren't a hypebeast?

i see where one disconnect is

i just saw your last post in the sneakerhead thread

you are basing the sacai being hypebeasts b/c of the current price. I was not.

so one of our disconnects has been connected.

Nah it's cool

Explain how you like hypebeast shoes but aren't a hypebeast?

Explain how you cop hypebeast phone's but aren't a hypebeast?

-i dont pay inflated prices for shoes or clothes. Not knocking anyone who does, i personally dont.

-i bought the phone b/c i had previous experience with the brand

i see where one disconnect is

i just saw your last post in the sneakerhead thread

you are basing the sacai being hypebeasts b/c of the current price. I was not.

so one of our disconnects has been connected.

And that's cuz you're not really a sneakerhead, which you admit so I cant really fault you.

But for a nigga who's in the know, I be looking at you crazy cuz you like hypebeast shit too lol

You wanna know if a shoe is hypebeast? If the price of the shoe resells for triple right after its release, it's a hypebeast shoe.

-i dont pay inflated prices for shoes or clothes. Not knocking anyone who does, i personally dont.

-i bought the phone b/c i had previous experience with the brand

Fam, none of that matters.

If I got a connect where I get all my Jordan's and supreme for retail does that mean I'm not a hypebeast?

"I only buy Jordan's and supreme cuz I had previous experience with the brands"

Fam, none of that matters.

If I got a connect where I get all my Jordan's and supreme for retail does that mean I'm not a hypebeast?
were you fucking with supreme when only skating niggas were? If so, then i would just say you like the brand

if not, then yea, you a hypebeast

were you fucking with supreme when only skating niggas were? If so, then i would just say you like the brand

if not, then yea, you a hypebeast

You're running from my point.

You said you're not a hypebeast cuz you dont pay resell for it , you only pay retail.

So I'm asking, if I only pay retail for my supreme and Jordan's am I a hypebeast?

"I only buy Jordan's and supreme cuz I had previous experience with the brands"
you're being goldie again

so let me try this one more time

i didnt wake up and say, damn, you know what..i just GOT to get this new pixel 2xl

Idk why its so hard for you to believe that people, in a lot of instances buy shit b/c of familiarity. I was already familiar with the google branding phones and ever since the rumors started coming out about the Pixel, i continued to follow b/c i already follow a few android centric outlets.

once the phone was scheduled to release, i saw they were running a special promotion for financing and took advantage

now you tell me, how is that hypebeasting?

You're running from my point.

You said you're not a hypebeast cuz you dont pay resell for it , you only pay retail.

So I'm asking, if I only pay retail for my supreme and Jordan's am I a hypebeast?
you doing what you accusing me of

did you fuck with supreme when only niggas on skateboards was fucking with it?

you doing what you accusing me of

did you fuck with supreme when only niggas on skateboards was fucking with it?

My question was first, dont answer the question with a question.

If I buy all of my supreme and Jordan's for retail, am I a hypebeast?

What do you think is a hypebeast? The Site owner and I have been having a discussion about this and it's clear at least the two of us view hypebeasts as something different?

Dictionary.com defines it as:

A hypebeast is a mostly derogatory slang word for someone, usually a man, who follows trends in fashion, particularly streetwear, for the purpose of making a social statement.

Urban dictionary defines it as:

A hypebeast is a slang for someone who is a beast (obsessed) about the hype (in fashion), and will do whatever it takes to obtain that desired hype. The term is meant to be derogatory by ridiculing of such with a lack of style. Hyped up brands sell their products for a price more than the average clothing company and can be seen re-sold along the internet for a price much greater than retail due to the fact that it is either exclusive, or somewhat limited. Yes, even when it was worn.

Many brands include Supreme, Bathing Ape, Billionaire Boys Club/Ice Cream, OriginalFake, and many more related to streetwear. Hypebeasts buy their clothes for the logos and brand-name and completely ignores the fact if they personally like the item or not. In general terms, they just buy whatever the brand puts out and dresses to impress others by what brand-name he/she is wearing.

Hypebeasts are very much into sneakers such as Air Jordans and Nike Skateboarding. These shoes are not found in malls and closely resembling areas due to the fact that they are limited. These are bought from others and can range from $100 up to $5,000. And yes, even if they were worn.

Not all people who wear the brands above are hypebeasts (with some exception of course). People do enjoy wearing items from these brands for the sake of the item itself and actually puts forward an effort to wear a good outfit; rather than having logos with god-awful mismatches.

I view as simply being a must-have type of person for all new shit. At least when it’s negative.

but I don’t think being a hypebeast is a bad thing if you can afford it and you have some sense of style. We all know it ain’t just the item but how you wear it and with what.

you're being goldie again

so let me try this one more time

i didnt wake up and say, damn, you know what..i just GOT to get this new pixel 2xl

Idk why its so hard for you to believe that people, in a lot of instances buy shit b/c of familiarity. I was already familiar with the google branding phones and ever since the rumors started coming out about the Pixel, i continued to follow b/c i already follow a few android centric outlets.

once the phone was scheduled to release, i saw they were running a special promotion for financing and took advantage

now you tell me, how is that hypebeasting?

Just cuz you didnt wake up and scream pixel doesn't mean you're not a hypebeast.

Again, you have YOUR reasons why you buy hypebeast shit, just like the next man. Your reasons doesn't make you any better than the hypebeasts you try to shit on.

Just cuz you didnt wake up and scream pixel doesn't mean you're not a hypebeast.

Again, you have YOUR reasons why you buy hypebeast shit, just like the next man. Your reasons doesn't make you any better than the hypebeasts you try to shit on.

ok, maybe i should've asked this from jump

using your example

how does owning a pixel make me a hypebeast in your opinion

Back