Welcome To aBlackWeb

ABW Debates (Vol 1): Has Today's Technology Done More Harm Than Good? (VOTE NOW)

Who Won The Debate?

• Total voters

Goldie

I Just Want Some Chips
Site Owner
Welcome to the first volume of The ABW Debates.

For this debate we have 2 of the best posters of ABW, @NoOneImportant and @Ring Master

Arguing that Technology has indeed done more harm than good is @Ring Master

And arguing that it hasn't is @NoOneImportant

Each poster will get 5 posts to make their case.

After the debate is complete, the ABW community will choose the winner via poll.

The winner of the debate will receive 4k from the ABW Bank.

I am going to reply tomorrow.

;;;
Maybe I'll respond tonight at midnight, so Trini will have to pull an all-nighter, not the type she likes, :).

I am going for the TKO in the first post, by the way.

Or maybe, I'll give her a chance and engage in a little foreplay first.

;;;
Fuck it, I'm busting my nut errrly! I'm selfish like that!

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I haven't forgotten about this.

I have my outline and approach already planned out.

Just need to write it out.

My opponent has been awake the entire night reading comic books and flicking the bean, so right now, she is not necessarily in the best condition to debate.

I am going to wait until tomorrow afternoon before we begin.

My opponent said she needs 8 hours to respond to replies because her sugar highs make her manic and unpredictable, last night i.e.

I'll grant it this time.

Boss, is this okay?

something offline has come up, i can't participate in the debate. I'm sorry @NoOneImportant.

@EleanorDeWitt, u said u wanted to be in the next round, would u mind taking my place boo? @TheMasterKey can a rematch be done?

87XXO.gif

Welp, I guess I better respond then. Dammit, I enjoy technology! Oh well..

Point 1: Technology has made us lazy.

Do I have to elaborate?
I really like technology lol

Welp, I guess I better respond then. Dammit, I enjoy technology! Oh well..

Point 1: Technology has made us lazy.

Do I have to elaborate?
I really like technology lol

lol yea, u should explain ur stance alil more. I guess @NoOneImportant can go first and give u something to rebuttal.

Lady El, you can change your position if you want.

Trini was against, I was for...

Anything for you El. <3

Cool. Post 1

Technology is awesome. It allows me to be laxy in certain areas so i can focus on being great. I don't have to waste my brain tryna remember stuff like extended peoples birthdays or the last time I went to the optometrist because its in my phone. I can store millions of pictures of my kids on a hard drive. I have more pics of them than my mom has of me from my whole life, and it takes a whole shed to store her pictures. I can look up the definition of any word, even words that aren't words, that dictionaries can't do. I can look up anything without having to go to a library or ask a professional in the field. I can know literally anything known to man with a term and a search engine. Technology allows doctors and lawyers to communicate with each other and send each other important infornation much faster than they ever could. We can print 3d limbs so people can walk. We can predict the weather. We can determine the atmosphetes of planets light ywars away. We can use stem cells to cure defects in our children. Technology allows for instant knowledge, solutions, and gratification. I'm tired so this my one and done post for the day just FYI.

If need to go to sleep Lady El, then go to sleep.

It's not like you can use the beauty rest anyways, :).

We can always pick things up tomorrow.

;;;
I'm only being nice to prepare you for the slaughter. HA HA HA!

I'm lying, I'm a simp 4 Eleanor, :(.

Last edited:
Technology has caused problems...

Yes, "With great power comes great responsibility" is an overused cliche, but it is a great point to argue our sometimes irresponsible usage of technology.

Although the usage of technology has offered convenience along with labor and time saving efforts, it has negatively affected human health.

Interfering with natural processes - Yes, through the usage of technology we can cure human diseases, but we have to ask are we creating these diseases ourselves through this same medium in the first place? Contamination through increased technology-related pollution is a topic that will be later discussed. However, let's look at this problem closer to home. From the implementation of modern farming techniques, the foods we consume have less of the minerals and other nutrients needed to maintain optimal human health. Not only have we messed with the soil that these plants grow in, we even started to mess with their DNA through genetic modification. We are still unsure of the long-term affect that Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) have on human health and the ecosystem as a whole. Don't get me started on cloning live organisms. The usage of chemicals in our food as means of preserving or manufacturer cost-cutting efforts is another topic that can be discussed at another time.

Less physical exertion -
The human body is tough and resilient. We are meant to exert ourselves. When it comes to work-related tasks, technology has taken a great deal of that exertion away. Not only our work has been affected by technology, but our play has been greatly affected. With the usage of TV, video games, and Internet at an all-time high, most of us are no longer use outdoor activities to entertain ourselves.

Strong dependence - One question, if the power went out for an extend period of time, would we be able to fend for ourselves?

Technology has allowed us to have automated control over Mother Nature for our benefit, but we are also destroying her through technology-related pollution at a rapid pace.

Industrial ties - Trial and error is what it takes to get a process as efficient as possible. Technology is no exception. We have built big businesses around known in-efficient technologies like fossil fuels. I would dare to say that stakeholders across the world in these in-efficient technologies have done everything in their power to delay more safer and efficient alternatives as much as possible. In the US, for the time being, it is going to get worse due to Trump placing a gag order and cutting cost for the EPA and Department of Renewable Energy.

Mass production - Just because I can do something, doesn't mean I should do it. Thanks to technology, we are able to mass produce consumer goods in an instant. A lot of times we overproduce, wasting a lot of natural resources in the process. However, thanks to the growing ability to customize our products along with the increased ability to direct sell from the manufacturer, the problem of mass production has lessen a bit. Instead of following the highly unpredictable demand and supply business model, we are now moving into a just-in time manufacturing business model.

E-waste - One example, one word, Apple. Stop sticking to your stringent product roadmap and give us as many features as possible as humanly possible at the time. Provide a product with optimal storage space like 24GB, not separate 16GB and 32GB products. Tell users to rely more on cloud storage and emphasize the usage of secured hot-spots. How about other device manufacturers and yourself construct more secured hot-spots and coverage to areas that lack them so streaming and cloud storage is always an option? Stop with the releasing of smaller versions, point increments, and letters series of your product.

When getting rid of broken or older electrical devices, how many of us have time to sell or discover the proper way to recycle them?

You think controlling Mother Nature would be a hard enough task, huh? What about governing ourselves as human beings? How about we invest into more of those scientific investigation methods that technology has afforded us to discover how to better govern ourselves and find out what mentally ails us as humans? Technology has allowed our faults as humans to move from a physical to a now digital state, reaching a wider scale.

Sure technology can be a great deterrent to stop crime. However, let's stop and ask why we need deterrence in the first place? Let's start thinking what has went wrong in someone's life to make them want to commit a crime? What makes someone want to commit scams - whether in person or over the Internet - or be a pedophile - whether physically or digitally?

Did this person have a a good home life while growing up? Was this person sexually-abused as a child? Was this person able to find his or her passion or was prepared enough for the world while going through the education system?

The preceding questions are the ones we should be asking. Could we have used technology to solve some of these problems? If only our interest in our laws kept up with our pace of scientific innovation, then the world would be a better place. It appears shit rolls down hill with profit being at the apex while human interest being at the bottom.

Last edited:
Technology has caused problems...

Yes, "With great power comes great responsibility" is an overused cliche, but it is a great point to argue our sometimes irresponsible usage of technology.

Although the usage of technology has offered convenience along with labor and time saving efforts, it has negatively affected human health.

Interfering with natural processes - Yes, through the usage of technology we can cure human diseases, but we have to ask are we creating these diseases ourselves through this same medium in the first place? Contamination through increased technology-related pollution is a topic that will be later discussed. However, let's look at this problem closer to home. From the implementation of modern farming techniques, the foods we consume have less of the minerals and other nutrients needed to maintain optimal human health. Not only have we messed with the soil that these plants grow in, we even started to mess with their DNA through genetic modification. We are still unsure of the long-term affect that Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) have on human health and the ecosystem as a whole. Don't get me started on cloning live organisms. The usage of chemicals in our food as means of preserving or manufacturer cost-cutting efforts is another topic that can be discussed at another time.

Less physical exertion -
The human body is tough and resilient. We are meant to exert ourselves. When it comes to work-related tasks, technology has taken a great deal of that exertion away. Not only our work has been affected by technology, but our play has been greatly affected. With the usage of TV, video games, and Internet at an all-time high, most of us are no longer use outdoor activities to entertain ourselves.

Strong dependence - One question, if the power went out for an extend period of time, would we be able to fend for ourselves?

Technology has allowed us to have automated control over Mother Nature for our benefit, but we are also destroying her through technology-related pollution at a rapid pace.

Industrial ties - Trial and error is what it takes to get a process as efficient as possible. Technology is no exception. We have built big businesses around known in-efficient technologies like fossil fuels. I would dare to say that stakeholders across the world in these in-efficient technologies have done everything in their power to delay more safer and efficient alternatives as much as possible. In the US, for the time being, it is going to get worse due to Trump placing a gag order and cutting cost for the EPA and Department of Renewable Energy.

Mass production - Just because I can do something, doesn't mean I should do it. Thanks to technology, we are able to mass produce consumer goods in an instant. A lot of times we overproduce, wasting a lot of natural resources in the process. However, thanks to the growing ability to customize our products along with the increased ability to direct sell from the manufacturer, the problem of mass production has lessen a bit. Instead of following the highly unpredictable demand and supply business model, we are now moving into a just-in time manufacturing business model.

E-waste - One example, one word, Apple. Stop sticking to your stringent product roadmap and give us as many features as possible as humanly possible at the time. Provide a product with optimal storage space like 24GB, not separate 16GB and 32GB products. Tell users to rely more on cloud storage and emphasize the usage of secured hot-spots. How about other device manufacturers and yourself construct more secured hot-spots and coverage to areas that lack them so streaming and cloud storage is always an option? Stop with the releasing of smaller versions, point increments, and letters series of your product.

When getting rid of broken or older electrical devices, how many of us have time to sell or discover the proper way to recycle them?

You think controlling Mother Nature would be a hard enough task, huh? What about governing ourselves as human beings? How about we invest into more of those scientific investigation methods that technology has afforded us to discover how to better govern ourselves and find out what mentally ails us as humans? Technology has allowed our faults as humans to move from a physical to a now digital state, reaching a wider scale.

Sure technology can be a great deterrent to stop crime. However, let's stop and ask why we need deterrence in the first place? Let's start thinking what has went wrong in someone's life to make them want to commit a crime? What makes someone want to commit scams - whether in person or over the Internet - or be a pedophile - whether physically or digitally?

Did this person have a a good home life while growing up? Was this person sexually-abused as a child? Was this person able to find his or her passion or was prepared enough for the world while going through the education system?

The preceding questions are the ones we should be asking. Could we have used technology to solve some of these problems? If only our interest in our laws kept up with our pace of scientific innovation, then the world would be a better place. It appears shit rolls down hill with profit being at the apex while human interest being at the bottom.
Ima get you when I'm off work!
Lmao

Nah but for real, I'll be back in here round 4ish Cali time

Back