Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY ABW Book Club - What Are You Reading?

Read this last week. Great book I recommend this to anyone. Especially if you’re from the “hood”. I been buying copies for the homies.

This is what I’m reading right now. Loving it so far.

Great book.
It’s what made me even get into reading

I admittedly haven’t read it yet though because I wanna give it my full attention. Right now I’m ready two at the same time so when I’m done with the both of them I’ll read it

Current lock down reading...

I finished reading David Googin's book, which really made me think that I need to start pushing myself more... Very motivational and mind blowing what he has achieved and continues to...

Currently reading 'Killers of the Flower Moon', which is crazy to say to the least...

Its a true story of the Native American Osage Tribe who were basically pushed onto what the Government thought was useless land in the early 1900's which turned out to be filled with oil, this ended up netting the member of the Osage community to become the richest people in America and worth a staggering $300mil!!! Im not very far into the book but members of the tribal community started mysteriously dying off and anyone that helped investigated the death/murders were murdered too...

In the end this lead to the creation of the FBI... Anyways, this is movie material and Im engrossed by it atm...

a7Su0k.jpg

I'm reading about the life of Steve Jobs. At the university, I need to write an essay on the topic of workaholism, and I decided for myself that I would best understand this topic if I study the life of my favorite workaholic genius - Steve Jobs, I was so addicted that I’m afraid I will not have time to write an essay, but I don’t worry, I think paper writing service reviews will help me. Steve Jobs is a legendary person for me, such a strict, cruel, so pedantic and fair character. It is only a pity that he had absolutely no time left for the beautiful wife and children. Have you read about him? What do you think? Does this person impress you or, on the contrary, repel you?

I watched a documentary on him last week funnily enough (i know its not the same) but I didnt realise what a spiteful dude he was... Like when him and Woz made that computer game when they young, and Steve took the $7k and gave Woz a few hundos not telling Woz how much the job was really worth... And when he was dying with only a few weeks to live left he spent his time trying to ruin the life of those tech journalist who found the new iPhone in stead of spending it with his family... Loads of things like that, he really thought he was above the law... Not to mention exploiting Chinese workers and giving no fcks about the mass suicides from the factory workers... He was a genius though and definitely a workaholic...

I just finished 'Killers Of The Flower Moon' and found out that Scorsese is turning it into movie with DiCarpio and De Niro!!!

Its a brilliant book, I just hope Scorsese does it justice and makes sure to expose the real fckry that America pulled on the Osage Tribe who were sitting on $100's of millions of oil...

I suspect Scorsese will focus on this one Native American family the Buckhart family, that other than one daughter, were pretty much wiped out and secretly assassinated, one by one for their headrights and oil rights... Various other members of the tribe in the town were also secretly assassinated and the same went for anyone that investigated...

The town got away with it for years until the FBI (this really invented the fbi, hoover just took over the fbi and made it its flagship case) took over and Hoover sent this oldskool frontierman/cowboy, former Texas Ranger to start investigating...

Last edited:
I just finished 'Killers Of The Flower Moon' and found out that Scorsese is turning it into movie with DiCarpio and De Niro!!!

Its a brilliant book, I just hope Scorsese does it justice and makes sure to expose the real fckry that America pulled on the Osage Tribe who were sitting on $100's of millions of oil...

I suspect Scorsese will focus on this one Native American family the Buckhart family, that other one daughter, were pretty much wiped out and secretly assassinated, one by one for their headrights and oil rights... Various other members of the tribe in the town were also secretly assassinated and the same went for anyone that investigated...

The town got away with it for years until the FBI (this really invented the fbi, hoover just took over the fbi and made it its flagship case) took over and this oldskool frontierman/cowboy, former Texas Ranger took over and started investigating...

I might have to check this book out. Just reading the little bit you posted is hella intriguing.

This story is real life events? If so I really gotta find the book

I suspect Scorsese will focus on this one Native American family the Buckhart family, that other than one daughter, were pretty much wiped out and secretly assassinated, one by one for their headrights and oil rights... Various other members of the tribe in the town were also secretly assassinated and the same went for anyone that investigated...

The town got away with it for years until the FBI (this really invented the fbi, hoover just took over the fbi and made it its flagship case) took over and Hoover sent this oldskool frontierman/cowboy, former Texas Ranger to start investigating...
91nUR0sde2L.jpg

If you get a chance check that book out

I might have to check this book out. Just reading the little bit you posted is hella intriguing.

This story is real life events? If so I really gotta find the book

Yeah bro, its real but it sounds like a movie... Its mad I told a friend about it and they Googled it and hit back like 'Scorsese is making a movie about it!!!'... Im buzzing for the movie now but worried they might miss parts to make it Hollywood... But tbh Scorsese makes his movies mad long so hopefully they cover everything...

But yeah check out, its a real life story that need to be heard by people... Its such a shame when diabolical events, like this, go unheard and get lost in time... Its a story that needs to be heard...

View attachment 312595

If you get a chance check that book out

I'll add it to the list, for sure... I got 3 more books to yam down first... Currently reading 'Killing Rage' now, a book about 'The Troubles' in Northern Ireland... Its the autobiography about Eamon Collins, a former IRA member who left when he became disillusioned and spoke out again violence and made this book, he was actually murdered few years back... Again, only just started it but he gives brutal, pretty savage account of his first killing, or his part in the killing of Ivan Toombs...

I'm currently reading the oldest religious text on the planet from Ancient Kemet The Pyramid Text and on mission to complete whole Bible, currently in the book of Numbers. I'm an avid reader but stick mostly to comparative religion/ mythology, world history, and psychology. Pure non fiction for most part. I'm actually juggling several other books too along same theme.

Fam I cannot stress how good it is !!!! I've read back twice. Soon as I finished it I re-read it, I've never done that before it's THAT good.

Definitely his best book by far

Shit I'll probably cop it then. I stay running through books like this.

I'm currently reading the oldest religious text on the planet from Ancient Kemet The Pyramid Text and on mission to complete whole Bible, currently in the book of Numbers. I'm an avid reader but stick mostly to comparative religion/ mythology, world history, and psychology. Pure non fiction for most part. I'm actually juggling several other books too along same theme.

Hey man, I read this a while back, sounds like it may be up your street... I learned alot from this, some religions that I didnt even know existed!!! What makes it so cool is the author actually goes to these remote villages in the Middle East... I will read it again actually, as Ive forgotten alot from it...

Amazon.fr - Heirs to Forgotten Kingdoms - Russell, Gerard - Livres

Back