Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY ABW Book Club - What Are You Reading?

Has anyone here read The Art of War?
Is it as profound as its hyped

I've read it. It has its applications for sure, definitely if you have beef or are looking to advance in business.

It can give you some game even for just planning in a more strategic fashion

However, using those leasons in daily life when there is really no tangible goal or objective at hand makes you seem like a gigantic a-hole

Same thing goes for The Prince

Has anyone here read The Art of War?
Is it as profound as its hyped

Everyone should definitely read it. Its really good. But dont look at it as war, look it as life in general.

To me the lesson was that people gravitate towards power in every situation, whether is friends women work business, and the art of war will teach you how to consistently act from a place of power.

A lot of it based on the philosophy of the tao though so it will be easier to understand if you read tao te ching by lao tzu which to me is the best philosophy to follow if you're searching inner peace.

The Prince is much more ruthless. The Prince not only teaches you how to put yourself in a position of power, but to do it for selfish reasons where the ends justify the means and in a way that weakens everyone around you.

The Prince is more effective but only when you in a real power struggle. If you around a bunch of regular people and just want to transform yourself into that dude, the Prince is way too hardcore. But if you're an executive at war with other executives, the Prince tactics are the go too.

The Prince is much more ruthless. The Prince not only teaches you how to put yourself in a position of power, but to do it for selfish reasons where the ends justify the means and in a way that weakens everyone around you.

The Prince is more effective but only when you in a real power struggle. If you around a bunch of regular people and just want to transform yourself into that dude, the Prince is way too hardcore. But if you're an executive at war with other executives, the Prince tactics are the go too.

Might have to check this out.

I've read it. It has its applications for sure, definitely if you have beef or are looking to advance in business.

It can give you some game even for just planning in a more strategic fashion

However, using those leasons in daily life when there is really no tangible goal or objective at hand makes you seem like a gigantic a-hole

Same thing goes for The Prince

Only if you not a savage. I find 48 laws of power more aggressive.

I must read both for mastery of office politics

I must read both for mastery of office politics

As Josef Stalin said:

"No people, no problem"

True mastery means getting rid of everyone you dislike or who stands in your way of progression. These books will teach you how to do so. But in my experience, I haven't found a balance yet between mastery not the game and not feeling like I'm a total piece of crap for what I've done

44332003_10214823272793516_6396553742358937600_o.jpg

Fam I need a summary - is this dope and would you recommend it ???? What's the most intriguing thing you've come across in the book so far ?

Lol jus got delivered today, on the acknowledgements now but I'm hyped.. should be a great read

I love how Anne Rice just glosses over certain shit...

Like a few months ago one of those online sites made a list of the strongest vampires in fiction...

With the winner being Dracula of course.... But I was like bullshit... Lestat gotta be stronger than Dracula.... Dracula be getting hunted killed by humans.... Lestat at this point in the novels is damn near a God.

I always say if you got to see it, go no further than akasha/aaliyah's vampire bar scene in queen of the dammed..... Shorty never got touched... It took a group of elders to fuck with her....

Well I'm reading the new novel tonight, and Lestat is on his way to New Orleans to deal with a whole flock of vampires that have taken over the city.... Ran an elder into hiding, and looted Lestat's house down there....

The shit crazy cuz I legit thought this was bout to be a few chapters of some long drawn out fight. Nope, Lestat claps these niggaz in 1 paragraph.

Like the whole flock.

He had his hitters with him, but from the way it reads, he solo'd them niggaz with minimal difficulty.

Even though the book glosses over it... My imagination was like holy shit ... IMG_20181226_233702393.jpg

Back