Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY ABW Book Club - What Are You Reading?

damn i was jus thinking about this thread

im trying to read more...i got a rack of books both hard copy and digital, but i just cant focus like i once could when i was younger

any tips/advice?

damn i was jus thinking about this thread

im trying to read more...i got a rack of books both hard copy and digital, but i just cant focus like i once could when i was younger

any tips/advice?
Put the phone down
Go to the library
Put the phone down lol

I have the same challenging focus tho. I seriously think it's the phone and lack of interest of reading an actual book. We digitize too much. Yet I'll research and all that shit on-line and fill my self with that esoteric knowledge

Put the phone down
Go to the library
Put the phone down lol
its not so much the phone b/c i have no issues with getting distracted

the issue is moreso about the inability to stay focused

its not so much the phone b/c i have no issues with getting distracted

the issue is moreso about the inability to stay focused
Book need to be hella interesting. Don't read to read but read to gain pertinent info.

Aside from college books everything I've read is something I wanted, something that interest you. Start there I can share some things that read may be of interest. One being 48 laws of Power

Book need to be hella interesting. Don't read to read but read to gain pertinent info.

Aside from college books everything I've read is something I wanted, something that interest you. Start there I can share some things that read may be of interest. One being 48 laws of Power
i have the pdf of 48 laws

and read them like inspirationals in the morning from time to time

Thought we should have a book club to discuss great books we should grab or discuss. I'm currently about to read Unshamed by Lecrae, and have a bunch of books Im in the middle of or discovering.

The Power of Now is life changing and I'm pacing myself with that.

Any suggestions folks?

I’m about as agnostic as the next guy... but read the Quran my niggas. If there was a religion I’d come even close to trying to be apart of its Islam, but that’s just me.

As far as non religious shit.. The Godfather is always a good read (better than the movie IMO). The Autobiography of Malcolm X. My grandmother turned me on to Black Boy by Richard Wright when I was young.

I’m about as agnostic as the next guy... but read the Quran my niggas. If there was a religion I’d come even close to trying to be apart of its Islam, but that’s just me.

As far as non religious shit.. The Godfather is always a good read (better than the movie IMO). The Autobiography of Malcolm X. My grandmother turned me on to Black Boy by Richard Wright when I was young.
Good suggestions!

Dope thread its good to find another power of now reader.

The tao of pooh is another good spiritual book imo

Leviathian goes over humans and the state from bottom to top

GOAT thread. I remember on the IC they had a book club thread. That thread inspired to read more, more & more. Really that thread & college threads were the ones that motivated me to empower myself.

I'm I the only one that doesn't read a book in numerical order but read it from the most interesting title chapter to less?

A couple of books that I currently read are 48 Laws, Rich Dad Poor Dad, How To Make Friends & Influence People, I forgot the name of it but its an investing stocks & bonds book I read that was requested by trill fam @Sion, Pimp C Biography (I literally couldn't put that book down).

I'm getting into real estate, so I currently been reading this book called "Find It, Fix It, Flip It". Great information that I've been getting from that book. I also resurrected my interest in audio production, so I picked up a book called "Home Recording Handbook". It suppose to be a dope book. Sometimes a $13 dollar book, an online membership program & Youtube University can save you from $60,000 in student loans.

A couple of other books that I have at my repertoire that I haven't gotten around to read yet are Mastery, Blue Ocean Strategy, The Art of Seduction, 33 Strategies of War (As you can see I'm a Robert Greene fan), The Magic Way Of Thinking Big, The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous & Broke.

If anyone have a Books-A-Million store in your city, then that place is the GOAT relaxing place. I can lose daylight by being in that store for hours.

Last edited:
GOAT thread. I remember on the IC they had a book club thread. That thread inspired to read more, more & more.

I'm I the only one that doesn't read a book in numerical order but read it from the most interesting title chapter to less?

A couple of books that I currently read are 48 Laws, Rich Dad Poor Dad, How To Make Friends & Influence People, I forgot the name of it but its an investing stocks & bonds book I read that was requested by trill fam @Sion, Pimp C Biography (I literally couldn't put that book down).

I'm getting into real estate, so I currently been reading this book called "Find It, Fix It, Flip It". Great information that I've been getting from that book. I also resurrected my interest in audio production, so I picked up a book called "Home Recording Handbook". It suppose to be a dope book. Sometimes a $13 dollar book, an online membership program & Youtube University can save you from $60,000 in student loans.

A couple of other books that I have at my repertoire that I haven't gotten around to read yet are Mastery, Blue Ocean Strategy, The Art of Seduction, 33 Strategies of War (As you can see I'm a Robert Greene fan), The Magic Way Of Thinking Big, The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous & Broke.

If anyone have a Books-A-Million store in your city, then that place is the GOAT relaxing place. I can lose daylight by being in that store for hours.

You rock with e-books, audio books or straight physical joints @T. Sanford ?

I'm about 75% done with U-God's book Raw. Definitely a dope look at those Wu years and gives a lot of background about him and his strugfles in those early days. I always wondered why he wasn't on much of those early tracks/albums and why he wasn't spitting like he was on Da Mystery of Chessboxing for a few years

Read a portion of the Qur'an daily

Just finished a book called Cold War Navy Seal about a SEAL's time leading a counter insurgency campaign against Che in the Congo. Also reading a book called Clausewitz, Angola and the American Way of War

Back