Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY ABW Book Club - What Are You Reading?

Some books Ive bought recently... I just finished 'Shoe Dog' and absolutely loved it... Also, I didnt realise Phil Knight started off by importing Onitsuka sneakers under Blue Ribbon (his first sneaker company), its fascinating how he grew the company (Blue Ribbon then Nike) and the trails and tribulations they had, it was a good read...

I thought it might be abit of a monotonous book but I found it really, really, fascinating and it smashed it out in a couple weeks... I loved the start where it went travelling around the world after University which helped him shape his company...

I recommend it if you're either just looking for an interesting autobiography, interested in business or obviously a sneakerhead...

NF1BfZ.jpg

I cannot stress enough that this is by far Robert Greene's best work.

71OMelbI6sL.jpg

I just finished this a few weeks ago. Long as hell but very informative.

Anybody able to suggest which is better between “Think & Grow Rich” or “Rich Dad Poor Dad?”

Maaaaaaaaaannnnn it's Greene's best work by far !!! I loved it.

To answer your question, overall Think & Grow Rich by far. Rich Dad Poor Dad is still a classic tho

It’s hella different versions of T&G.R. Is the OH version the best one to go with?

Hmmmmm. Thread watched!!

If it's one thing I got plenty of in my crib, it's books! This book here was written back in the late 80's.

iu

NWO-RE.png
Good shit. I'm gonna add this to the list. You can see this all playing out in plain sight.
Very informative.

iu
I read this many years ago. I remember thinking some of it was far fetched but then again truth is stranger than fictions and they clearly offed him for a reason.

Good shit. I'm gonna add this to the list. You can see this all playing out in plain sight.

I read this many years ago. I remember thinking some of it was far fetched but then again truth is stranger than fictions and they clearly offed him for a reason.

Exactly. There really ain't nothing hidden any more. Everything has been documented some where in some shape form or fashion.

What's Cooper's story?? I read his books, but don't know too much about him or how he died?? I came across the part where he wrote about aliens and I knew he was on to something.

iu

Don't ever let anyone tell ya'll we never fought for reparations and us asking for reparations now, is a hoax of some sort. I was going back and forth on thecoli w/ posters about this issue. This book is on my to-get list, this woman was supposedly fighting for reparations like 60-70 years before the Civil Rights Act was even passed.

I forgot the name of this one book I got, but mane it's some heavy stuff in there. You'd think I was crazy if I didn't have the book to back me up.

Lasers
Sending human dna into space (like superman)
Becoming gods
Brain implants

And quite a few more subjects I can't remember. When I find it in my stash, I'll post it.

Some books Ive bought recently... I just finished 'Shoe Dog' and absolutely loved it... Also, I didnt realise Phil Knight started off by importing Onitsuka sneakers under Blue Ribbon (his first sneaker company), its fascinating how he grew the company (Blue Ribbon then Nike) and the trails and tribulations they had, it was a good read...

I thought it might be abit of a monotonous book but I found it really, really, fascinating and it smashed it out in a couple weeks... I loved the start where it went travelling around the world after University which helped him shape his company...

I recommend it if you're either just looking for an interesting autobiography, interested in business or obviously a sneakerhead...

NF1BfZ.jpg

So I finished 'In Cold Blood', man it was fckn gruesome... Not sure how I had never heard of the massacre before...

It was hard reading and very melancholy when the writer describes the murders and the horror of the scene, the two young guys tying up and going room to room, killing the family (mother, father, son and daughter) one by one... The mother, son and daughter took shotgun to the face, the father had his throat slit and then a shotgun to the face...

The two killers told their story on death row, so that along with the facts from the case enabled the book to be told almost like a movie, knowing the conversations between the two killers and their cross country (as far as mexico) antics after the murders made for a great book... You also learned about their life before the infamous murders which helped shape them...

Thankfully they ended up with death penalty...

If you like non fiction and true crime, defo a book I would recommend...

I tried reading the Mark Twain autobiography after but I gave up after 60 odd pages... I just found it boring and his writing style was too erratic, jumping from year to year just didnt make for a great read...

Im now halfway through 'The Railway Man', which is the autobiography of Eric Lomax and his experience as POW during World War II...

After being captured he was forced to help build the Thai-Burma Railway for the Japanese military... 50 years after the events he ended up meeting one of his tormentors. Im only 3/4 of the way in but its been a great read so far...

I defo recommend Shoe Dog, In Cold Blood and The Railway Man out of the 4 books... Especially Shoe Dog...

What's the best place ya'll get books in pdf format from??

PDFDrive got a few, but I'm certain they not the best place.

Back