Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION contradictions and lies! exposing the democratic party

yeah that "people gonna burn through their money" and they "cant be trusted" to get a big reparations check excuse is some bullshit.

I do agree with the part about addressing systemic issues like education in our communities, discrimination when it comes to housing, police abuse, criminal justice etc. tho

Getting money alone aint gonna fix that.. THAT other shit needs to be addressed as well. Shouldnt be an either/or situation

yeah that "people gonna burn through their money" and they "cant be trusted" to get a big reparations check excuse is some bullshit.

I do agree with the part about addressing systemic issues like education in our communities, discrimination when it comes to housing, police abuse, criminal justice etc. tho

Getting money alone aint gonna fix that.. THAT other shit needs to be addressed as well. Shouldnt be an either/or situation

Folks can’t be trusted. That is fact. But nobody is advocating to not get the money

Imagine someone owing you a debt... and they have the money... but they use the excuse of "I dont know if I can trust how you gon spend this money that you're rightfully owed"

lol fuckin silly.

Pay what you owe

Imagine someone owing you a debt... and they have the money... but they use the excuse of "I dont know if I can trust how you gon spend this money that you're rightfully owed"

lol fuckin silly.

Pay what you owe

facts they do the same with the homeless “let me buy some food so he don’t do drugs” like wtf are you. I’m not saying we owe homeless people but we not kids

lol fuckin silly.

Pay what you owe

Okay. You going overboard with the shit and being low key disrespectful.

Trusted is the wrong word to use

but like I said in this thread. I don’t believe in nobody doing what they need to do with the money to better themselves black, white or brown.

I see city full of folks from NOLA, Dallas, LA and Houston get thousands of dollars and blow it every summer and back complaining

Money and more is what’s need.

So you can just stop with that made up shit you talking

Okay. You going overboard with the shit and being low key disrespectful.

Trusted is the wrong word to use

but like I said in this thread. I don’t believe in nobody doing what they need to do with the money to better themselves black, white or brown.

I see city full of folks from NOLA, Dallas, LA and Houston get thousands of dollars and blow it every summer and back complaining

Money and more is what’s need.

So you can just stop with that made up shit you talking

Not sure where ur getting the disrespect from.

We agree that money, programs and reform are ALL needed.

I just disagree with @Mister B. and seemingly your stance that alot of folks cant be "trusted" to make a life out of a large reparations check because they arent financially literate.

Whether they are or are not means nothing to me. They are owed a debt regardless.

If you feel low key disrespected by me disagreeing with the whole "trust" argument and giving an example of how that logic is flawed IMO.. iono what to tell you fam

Not sure where ur getting the disrespect from.

We agree that money, programs and reform are ALL needed.

I just disagree with @Mister B. stance that alot of folks cant be "trusted" to make a life out of a large reparations check because they arent financially literate.

Whether they are or are not means nothing to me. They are owed a debt regardless.

If you feel low key disrespected by me disagreeing with the whole "trust" argument and giving an example of how that logic is flawed IMO.. iono what to tell you fam

You can still advocate reparations in the form of money and still not believe in folks to do the right thing.

I thought that was pretty clear.

you get the point it’s policing people. Like why should we be denied what’s owed because somebody thinks we can’t handle it that’s not insulting to you

Folks ain’t against it though. You’re just twisting words around. Folks are advocating for more than just money but you choose to misinterpret.

and most homeless folks ain’t owed anything. Again. That was just a bad example

You can still advocate reparations in the form of money and still not believe in folks to do the right thing.

I thought that was pretty clear.

I would imagine it's also clear that people advocating AGAINST reparations in the form of money are using the same argument yall are as well right?

Again, what is the point of reparations? To put us on an economic level as a PEOPLE that we were denied because of slavery and oppression?

Or to make individuals whole by giving them cash?

If you say the latter, and they cut each individual a check, and our economic situation as a people don't change, then we have no leverage any more.

That's not a position I want us in.

Giving cash only actually works in the oppressors favor in my opinion.

"Let me give these people who have been economically and financially oppressed a ton of cash that they won't know how to utilize effectively because of the position I've put them in so I can shut them up."

If we can erase economic disparity as a people by giving individuals cash then I'm all for it. I just don't think that's what will happen. I'll admit I could be wrong. But you could be too.

I would imagine it's also clear that people advocating AGAINST reparations in the form of money are using the same argument yall are as well right?

Nope.

I’m all for everything that’s owned in all forms and fashion.

Folks ain’t against it though. You’re just twisting words around. Folks are advocating for more than just money but you choose to misinterpret.

and most homeless folks ain’t owed anything. Again. That was just a bad example

I never said just money was it. But a million dollars can change my life immediately.

Again, what is the point of reparations? To put us on an economic level as a PEOPLE that we were denied because of slavery and oppression?

Or to make individuals whole by giving them cash?

If you say the latter, and they cut each individual a check, and our economic situation as a people don't change, then we have no leverage any more.

That's not a position I want us in.

Giving cash only actually works in the oppressors favor in my opinion.

"Let me give these people who have been economically and financially oppressed a ton of cash that they won't know how to utilize effectively because of the position I've put them in so I can shut them up."

If we can erase economic disparity as a people by giving individuals cash then I'm all for it. I just don't think that's what will happen. I'll admit I could be wrong. But you could be too.

bruh we all work everyday most of us have a 9 to 5 and y’all got houses cars paying off kids cars and paying for colleges. You can manage a regular income and many black people still manage with way less money. Explain how more money hurts. Y’all see 50 million black businesses niggas on Twitter talk about investing everyday. But giving us 100,000 dollars are more somehow helps white people more than us. Are we a bunch of kids?

Back