Welcome To aBlackWeb

a question for fathers of Abw

roi baptiste

i knew a girl i went to high school with who had 2 kids (not twins) but 2 seperate births between our 9th& 12th grade years..... she was a pretty girl but kids teased her based on her poor decisions in life...... she said that her parents didn't support her at all during her 2nd pregnancy...... as a father of a 20y/o daughter myself i thought about my friend from high school ..... if the same happened to my daughter i don't really know how i would have reacted..... Fathers of Abw how would you look at your daughter if she was put in the same position?

Every single detail you left out would dictate how I would handle it.

It's literally up to my daughter, the father of the child, their plan, the seriousness of the relationship and their attitude towards the future.

There's no blanket way to deal with these things. You take them how they come

i knew a girl i went to high school with who had 2 kids (not twins) but 2 seperate births between our 9th& 12th grade years..... she was a pretty girl but kids teased her based on her poor decisions in life...... she said that her parents didn't support her at all during her 2nd pregnancy...... as a father of a 20y/o daughter myself i thought about my friend from high school ..... if the same happened to my daughter i don't really know how i would have reacted..... Fathers of Abw how would you look at your daughter if she was put in the same position?

Uuuuuh having my daughter back no matter what. I was definitely ill prepared to have a kid

Her idea of her parents not supporting her maybe her skewed viewpoint of her parents being bothered that she made the same mistake of having a child before she was ready to take care of it. Children have a tendency to view things like that, and immature adults have a tendency to view the past like that.

Will I be disappointed? Yes
Would I shun her? Absolutely not.

She is a child that made poor decisions. We all have. Maybe I coulda did a better job of teaching her about the seriousness of having unprotected sex. We will survive this and work to make sure she and my grandkids have a good life despite the odds being against her.

My wife and I were in high school when she got pregnant. She was 16, I was 17. Our families didn’t shun us at all. Our families were completely supportive. We had everything we needed.

I would never shun my daughter, not even if the dude was a deadbeat. I would immediately reach out to that family and have a discussion. If they didn’t want to be apart of the baby’s life, I would get the proper legal documents to keep it that way. If they did want to participate, then I would allow them to.

Although I wouldn’t be pleased, and the situation wouldn’t be ideal, I could never, and would never just leave my daughter to fend for herself.

as for how I would look at my daughter... I would look at myself first to see where I may have went wrong or what I may have missed.

Every single detail you left out would dictate how I would handle it.

It's literally up to my daughter, the father of the child, their plan, the seriousness of the relationship and their attitude towards the future.

There's no blanket way to deal with these things. You take them how they come
imo if it was my daughter & she had 1 child in high school i would be very upset, but i would still help & support as much as i could..... if she got pregnant a 2nd time in high school my mindset of my daughter would drastically change... i wouldn't disown her , but she would have to understand that i'm not the built- in babysitter either.

Back