Welcome To aBlackWeb

A pretty thorough explanation of Africa's historical problems.

The Lonious Monk

Celestial Souljah
What ya'll think about this video? I think it does a pretty good job of hitting most of the high notes without being racist or patronizing. T

It was a good video...especially for those who arent that knowledgable in african affairs.

One thing to note. This video covers the last 600 years...which in relatively speaking...is an extremely short time in human history. African civilizations, in all likelihood, have been among the richest and most successful civilizations for most of human history. Just many historical records were lost and/or destroyed.

It was touched upon in the video a bit tho.

It was a good video...especially for those who arent that knowledgable in african affairs.

One thing to note. This video covers the last 600 years...which in relatively speaking...is an extremely short time in human history. African civilizations, in all likelihood, have been among the richest and most successful civilizations for most of human history. Just many historical records were lost and/or destroyed.

It was touched upon in the video a bit tho.

Yeah, he made that point briefly. People think Africa has always been poor, but in reality, civilizations have been present in Africa for thousands of years and the rampant poverty has only been around for about 600 years, and even then it wasn't a universal thing in Africa until a couple centuries later.

Why is Africa so poor - video created by descendant of a colonizer

Get all the fuck away from posting this filth on this site.

Jumped to a random minute and he basically said Africans aren't smart enough and lack education.

Same devils who took over Australia and asked why the aborigines can't get jobs or aren't educated.

Delete this shit b

Last edited:
Why is Africa so poor - video created by descendant of a colonizer

Get all the fuck away from posting this filth on this site.

Jumped to a random minute and he basically said Africans aren't smart enough and lack education.

Same devils who took over Australia and asked why the aborigines can't get jobs or aren't educated.

Delete this shit b

Bruh either listen to shit rationally or don't listen and ignore the topic, but don't come in here spouting bullshit.

Nothing you said is what was presented in the video. He did point out that the education rate was low in many African countries but that was a fact and he also put it in the context of how it resulted from the actions of outside influences.

You can disagree with points made, but don't come in here misrepresenting the what was presented in the video just because it was by a white person. If you actually watched the video, you'd know that it places a hefty amount of the blame for Africa's cirumstances on outside influencers.

I watched the video in its entirety..........specifically because this is 1 topic that always keeps my attention as a Black man

nothin really new was presented, but one part that stuck out to me was how the slave trade ended and industrialization set African economies back. the last was how colonization impacted Africa as a whole

it's crazy that the continent as a whole possesses the most valuable raw resources, yet outsiders were able to come in a structure everything in a way to exploit the inhabitants............the point made about being able to make a call/send mail to Paris was easier from the continent than it was to do with a neighboring country

really just emphasizes how the lack of purposeful unity has harmed Black people worldwide.........we really need a unity movement badly

the one thing I didn't see mentioned was the banking industry, or an in-depth look at any industries..........like cotton, cacao, diamonds, or technology..........this video ignores how much raw material was/is essentially stolen by white people to this day while ignoring how many public companies support unfair competition

Back