Welcome To aBlackWeb

A look at the impact Native Americans have had on Culture & History in the US....

Many of the Maroons who were amongst the Natives we call ‘Seminoles’ were Muslims /Moors who had an ancient presence in America. The ‘Chief’ of this fort called Fort Negro was a man of Mande descent. The Mande were/are West African Muslims. ‘Mande’ groups founded the medieval empires of Ghana and Mali. They include the Bambara, Dyula, Malinke, Mande, Dogon and Sinke established as Indigenous to both lands.

Mansa Musa predecessor sailed to the Americas

Many of the Maroons who were amongst the Natives we call ‘Seminoles’ were Muslims /Moors who had an ancient presence in America. The ‘Chief’ of this fort called Fort Negro was a man of Mande descent. The Mande were/are West African Muslims. ‘Mande’ groups founded the medieval empires of Ghana and Mali. They include the Bambara, Dyula, Malinke, Mande, Dogon and Sinke established as Indigenous to both lands.

stop trying to re-write Native History. We were here, end of story. There were no African Muslims here until they were brought here by YT. The Maroons were, themselves, freed or escaped slaves that settled in with the Seminole. They weren't "ancient" by any stretch of the imagination.

Niggas just outchea making shit up as they go along.

stop trying to re-write Native History. We were here, end of story. There were no African Muslims here until they were brought here by YT. The Maroons were, themselves, freed or escaped slaves that settled in with the Seminole. They weren't "ancient" by any stretch of the imagination.

Niggas just outchea making shit up as they go along.

“The Chief at Fort Negro during the invasion of Colonel Clinch was named ‘Abraham’. His birth name was ‘Sounoffee Tustenuggee’ which meant ‘Suwannee Warrior’ and has been associated with the Suwannnee river in Florida. The Moorish Mande Arabic word ‘Sounoffe’ means ‘Powerful Spirit’ and Tustenuggee means ‘warrior’. This Chief who had an Moorish heritage like most of the Maroons in Florida was not a former slave. His descendancy went back to Indigenous Peoples. Abraham served as interpreter for the Seminoles and as Legal Counsel for....”

I’m just posting excerpts I felt were applicable to the thread

idk what sparked the combativeness

it or I Didn’t imply anybody wasn’t anywhere. People can fill in the blanks as they choose . I wasn’t there

“The Chief at Fort Negro during the invasion of Colonel Clinch was named ‘Abraham’. His birth name was ‘Sounoffee Tustenuggee’ which meant ‘Suwannee Warrior’ and has been associated with the Suwannnee river in Florida. The Moorish Mande Arabic word ‘Sounoffe’ means ‘Powerful Spirit’ and Tustenuggee means ‘warrior’. This Chief who had an Moorish heritage like most of the Maroons in Florida was not a former slave. His descendancy went back to Indigenous Peoples. Abraham served as interpreter for the Seminoles and as Legal Counsel for....”

I’m just posting excerpts I felt were applicable to the thread

idk what sparked the combativeness

it or I Didn’t imply anybody wasn’t anywhere. People can fill in the blanks as they choose . I wasn’t there

I'm part Native, that's what sparked it. I get really tired of this bogus ass "we was here first" narrative.

The individual you're speaking of was born in 1787 and was a slave of one Dr. Eugenio Antonio Sierra of Pensacola, FL. His lineage was of enslaved Africans. As an outsider, he had to gain the trust of the Maroons as well as the Seminole because after he was freed he went into business for himself trading with them both. The name "Sounoffee Tustenuggee" wasn't his birth name (remember, he was a slave, his slave master would have given him his name), it was the name he used among the Maroons.

I'm part Native, that's what sparked it. I get really tired of this bogus ass "we was here first" narrative.

The individual you're speaking of was born in 1787 and was a slave of one Dr. Eugenio Antonio Sierra of Pensacola, FL. His lineage was of enslaved Africans. As an outsider, he had to gain the trust of the Maroons as well as the Seminole because after he was freed he went into business for himself trading with them both. The name "Sounoffee Tustenuggee" wasn't his birth name (remember, he was a slave, his slave master would have given him his name), it was the name he used among the Maroons.

I don’t even know what part native means. I don’t know where native is. I can most certainly assure you he was not a slave as it’s one of the few details I can verify w/o physically being there

that you called him a slave makes the rest unreliable At best for me. I apologize for offending you.

I will work to understand the pushback and feelings of you and those you consider native to bridge the gap

love you

I don’t even know what part native means. I don’t know where native is. I can most certainly assure you he was not a slave as it’s one of the few details I can verify w/o physically being there

that you called him a slave makes the rest unreliable At best for me. I apologize for offending you.

I will work to understand the pushback and feelings of you and those you consider native to bridge the gap

love you

I'm a card carrying Native American and pretty much everyone here knows this and has known it for years.

I didn't pull that name out my ass.

"... Sierra witnessed Andrew Jackson's capture of Pensacola in 1814. At this time one of Sierra's house slaves, Abraham, who spoke at least three languages was either taken by the British who fled Pensacola or simply fled himself."

You ain't gotta like it, but it's written in the history of Pensacola.

It's also written in "Aiming for Pensacola: Fugitive Slaves on the Atlantic and Southern Frontiers" ( in case you wanna buy it).

I'm a card carrying Native American and pretty much everyone here knows this and has known it for years.

"... Sierra witnessed Andrew Jackson's capture of Pensacola in 1814. At this time one of Sierra's house slaves, Abraham, who spoke at least three languages was either taken by the British who fled Pensacola or simply fled himself."

It's also written in "Aiming for Pensacola: Fugitive Slaves on the Atlantic and Southern Frontiers" ( in case you wanna buy it).

Like I said

I can without a doubt say he wasn’t a slave. Idk what you want me to say bro.

i Got information that say otherwise. i will look into the book

I apologize we couldn’t come to an agreement.

respectfully, I don’t honor your card or those who sanctioned it

Like I said

I can without a doubt say he wasn’t a slave. Idk what you want me to say bro.

i Got information that say otherwise. i will look into the book

I apologize we couldn’t come to an agreement.

respectfully, I don’t honor your card or those who sanctioned it

Nigga you're touched in the head.

... respectfully.

How did you get your card? Do yoy have to be a certain percent?

While you're at it, have a read of "Letters from the Frontiers: Written During a Period of Thirty Years' Service in the Army of the United States" by George A. McCall, published in 1868. Abraham is mentioned as being a slave of Dr. Eugenio Antonio Sierra's.

There's also "The Negro Abraham" by Kenneth Wiggins Porter published in 1946 in The Florida Historical Quarterly Vol 25 which affirms his being a slave to Dr Sierra.

But, to be real, your refusal to acknowledge this very well known, well documented fact about this man speaks volumes about you and your character.

Whether you believe it or not, history won't change because of it.

How did you get your card? Do yoy have to be a certain percent?

My father got them for me and my siblings. You have to prove your lineage to the tribe. Each one has different rules for this, so you'd have to consult with them on it. In my case it was a given because my grandmother (father's mother) was full blooded, born on the reservation and we're her direct descendants.

My father got them for me and my siblings. You have to prove your lineage to the tribe. Each one has different rules for this, so you'd have to consult with them on it. In my case it was a given because my grandmother (father's mother) was full blooded, born on the reservation and we're her direct descendants.
Gotcha. Got to find out the tribe name. I forgot what it was and most who know are probably dead now. My grandmother was native too but not on a reservation.

Question to my conscious brothers why do we need to claim Native Americans who are a completely separate group as kin to us. Just because people aren’t white does not mean they are black. Outside of Olmec heads we don’t really have any real proof that the Americas were inhabited by Africans even in a small number. Literally a hill not worth fighting on when it’s obvious we are African

Question to my conscious brothers why do we need to claim Native Americans who are a completely separate group as kin to us. Just because people aren’t white does not mean they are black. Outside of Olmec heads we don’t really have any real proof that the Americas were inhabited by Africans even in a small number. Literally a hill not worth fighting on when it’s obvious we are African

This is my beef with it along with trying to re-write the history of The Americas to include Africans. We've got here at a minimum 20,000 years ago, during the last ice age. These cats talk Mali and Mansa Musa like that's ancient history, but he died in 1337. Vikings got to these shores 300 years before Mansa Musa was born and the Chinese and Japanese came a few thousand years before then. As I said in the last thread about this, those who reached these shores either we traded with them, exhanged knowledge, or killed them 'cause they were on some fuck shit (which was the majority of them) but make no mistake about it: we were here and have been here for tens of thousands of years.

Back