Welcome To aBlackWeb

Netflix A Jazzman's Blues

King of GA

1708227156736.png

This is out now on Netflix.

This is the very first time that I can recall being completely interested in and somewhat captivated by a Tyler Perry film.

I couldn't find a thread for this. If there is one, please merge.

This movie was TRASH! There was no ending it just ended. No consequence for the brother telling on him. The girl was selfish. The mom was selfish for not letting Bayou take her out of that town. What was holding her to it? Her kids were grown. He was stupid to go back knowing what would happen. Fuck you Tyler Perry!

Semi Soulful Symphony

PRAISE: Director and writer Tyler Perry
returns to Netflix with a story about forbidden love and family drama unravels 40 years of secrets and lies in the deep south.
Perry is able to capture a lot of the rhythm and climate of the deep south of the late 1940's with not only the music, racism, but also the downward paths some musicians took during that time.
There are several strong performances from the cast that includes : Joshua Boone as Bayou · Amirah Vann as Hattie Mae · Solea Pfeiffer as Leanne · Austin Scott as Willie Earl and Ryan Eggold as Ira. The star crossed lovers theme worked for the most part. Really great choreography from Debbie Allen is prominently featured in the film.Be warned there is language and visuals that can be very triggering for some.

PROBLEMS:Perry frustratingly avoids where he could have made this film more effective. The film is very predictable. I figured out the twist 45 minutes in. There are also a couple of plot holes and even with the films 2 hour and 8 minute run time the climax of the film felt rushed and abrupt.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 6

Back