Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Social Justice Thread: R.I.P. George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor & now Tyre Nichols

im just tired of seeing that Pac shot cops

I have no issue with what Pac did. This isnt a Pac diss, slander, shade, etc...

but im tired of people using that as the go to for justifying killing cops. IMO Pac was just helping out a brotha he saw was in danger. He didnt know they were cops, but that post during the times its been posted paints pac as some cop detector who just knew they was dirty and decided he was gonna kill them before they killed that brotha.

I say that to say, stop using him as a prop. If you wanna knowingly kill police officers, then you don't need anyone's approval. If you want to help out your brothas and sistas and deal with the consequences that come with that, that's on you too, but keep in mind as well, Pac didnt have some two bit lawyer as an attorney either. He along with his fame, had money to fight his case properly.

Most of us arent in that situation to even fight for our custody rights to our children so what we look like trying to just kill cops all willy nilly. Someone said that people should be willing to take calculated risks in order to help a complete stranger and I call bullshit. This presents a lot of other issues that im conflicted with during this time, but niggas shit on giving money to the homeless all the time on this site but im supposed to believe you just gonna throw yourself at 4 armed cops over one dude on the ground?

I feel like im all over the place with these thoughts. Im bothered...frustrated...angry...sad and I honestly dont know what to do.

I dont care about Jay z, Puff, etc...for over 2 decades these dudes have played it safely in their million dollar homes and lifestyles. Im not looking to them for anything at this point. If they wanna be down, that will have to come at a cost...one that i dont think any of them are willing to pay, but if the onus is going to continue to be on us at the grassroots level, then we have to strategize and fight this shit from more than just one angle

/rant

Dig it. I don't disagree with any of this actually. But I understand why you were inclined to keep the shit to yourself. Lol.

im just tired of seeing that Pac shot cops

I have no issue with what Pac did. This isnt a Pac diss, slander, shade, etc...

but im tired of people using that as the go to for justifying killing cops. IMO Pac was just helping out a brotha he saw was in danger. He didnt know they were cops, but that post during the times its been posted paints pac as some cop detector who just knew they was dirty and decided he was gonna kill them before they killed that brotha.

I say that to say, stop using him as a prop. If you wanna knowingly kill police officers, then you don't need anyone's approval. If you want to help out your brothas and sistas and deal with the consequences that come with that, that's on you too, but keep in mind as well, Pac didnt have some two bit lawyer as an attorney either. He along with his fame, had money to fight his case properly.

Most of us arent in that situation to even fight for our custody rights to our children so what we look like trying to just kill cops all willy nilly. Someone said that people should be willing to take calculated risks in order to help a complete stranger and I call bullshit. This presents a lot of other issues that im conflicted with during this time, but niggas shit on giving money to the homeless all the time on this site but im supposed to believe you just gonna throw yourself at 4 armed cops over one dude on the ground?

I feel like im all over the place with these thoughts. Im bothered...frustrated...angry...sad and I honestly dont know what to do.

I dont care about Jay z, Puff, etc...for over 2 decades these dudes have played it safely in their million dollar homes and lifestyles. Im not looking to them for anything at this point. If they wanna be down, that will have to come at a cost...one that i dont think any of them are willing to pay, but if the onus is going to continue to be on us at the grassroots level, then we have to strategize and fight this shit from more than just one angle

/rant

Understood..

I think when people tend to mention that Pac story... or at least how I take it... is Pac saw someone that looked like him and the people he loved in distress and decided to intervene to help.

I could give a fuck if he knew they were cops or not.. the fact that he stepped in is inspiring IMO... We could never know but in the heat of the moment I doubt someone in that position is like... wellll I got lawyers let me go fuck some shit up cuz I can afford to.

That being said tho I agreee there are a range of emotions that come with this topic and yeah its frustrating as fuck.

I always come into these threads looking to discuss solutions honestly and not argue just for the sake of arguing

i agree with this if i honestly felt this is the message that post was trying to convey

to me, the feeling i get was, Pac bust his guns, why you not? and thats dangerous af to me, but i could also be reading too much into it based on how im currently feeling.

I actually don't get that feeling at all. Most of us view that incident with such reverence because we recognize that Pac did something that was never done before and will never be done again - as a black man, he popped 2 cops - crooked or not - and not only lived to tell about it, but suffered no legal ramifications.

We hold that shit up as a unicorn...not some shit to be duplicated.

I actually don't get that feeling at all. Most of us view that incident with such reverence because we recognize that Pac did something that was never done before and will never be done again - as a black man, he popped 2 cops - crooked or not - and not only lived to tell about it, but suffered no legal ramifications.

We hold that shit up as a unicorn...not some shit to be duplicated.

Cuz...nigga...it aint gonna work out the same way for us.

I don't know what you do for a living but lets pretend you're a manager of a team who build houses. If you're responsible for getting that team on one accord so that you can get those houses built but you have a few on your team wanting to build cars. Are you going to call them out and get them focused or let them keep talking about another issue that has nothing to do with the task at hand?

Just imagine if we stopped the petty goofy shit and all got on the same page. We don't have to take the same road to get to the finish line but goddamn lets at least be in the same race

I feel you but the elephant in the room does not go away we can’t and don’t ever forget the situation at hand. People on a discussion board or social media maybe mentioning other things does mean we taking eyes off the prize. It’s still the same race. I just think y’all take certain posts as they hold a certain weight when that’s not always true. Talking about Hov or a TV maybe a respite. But what more can be said about police brutality that we haven’t already said?

Now this is a distraction niggas literally only bring up black crime when a white person kills somebody. That shit is so damn tired. Like they forget black on black crimes come with penalties the white folks don’t face those penalties. Like wtf do niggas be saying.
I expect that deflection from cacs but not us. And yea, all black on black crime is punished swiftly, white on black crime is covered up, ignored and justified. That's the mf point

I expect that deflection from cacs but not us. And yea, all black on black crime is punished swiftly, white on black crime is covered up, ignored and justified. That's the mf point

Facts and niggas will believe it and run with it for years. We overall have to stop defaulting to negativity whenever we talk about us. It goes for things like this and even smaller things.

i agree with this if i honestly felt this is the message that post was trying to convey

to me, the feeling i get was, Pac bust his guns, why you not? and thats dangerous af to me, but i could also be reading too much into it based on how im currently feeling.

That is the message being sent because you rarely if ever see anything about that incident other than times like these and it is very dangerous to just toss that story out w/o context of what was going on. Pac did what he did no doubt, but liek you said it ain't like the nigga knew the exact specifics of what he did til after

Back