Welcome To aBlackWeb

58% of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck after inflation spike

Yeah now if people are living paycheck to paycheck how they gonna afford a deep freezer?

To me paycheck to paycheck don't mean broke. Hell, part of that check could go to buying a deep freezer.

Where i grew up even people on fixed income had deep freezers.

I dont think that was Du point but I'll let him speak for himself.

Check to check means you have no savings. Considering cost of living and family size in some parts of the country, it's believable that some folks making 100k or more are living check to check without spending it on bullshit. Hell it's pro athletes living check to check..

I was living paycheck to paycheck before inflation. This is business as usual.

Every time we go to the market, we get something for the deep freezer. I got like 2 turkeys in there, lamb, mad chicken, ground beef, frozen veggies, all kinds of shit.

Like no matter how tight shit get.... We always got food.

Cooked a turkey two weeks ago. Made some pork tenderloin the other night, marinated it with some raw honey....shit was amazing. All that shit came from the freezer.

Every time we go to the market, we get something for the deep freezer. I got like 2 turkeys in there, lamb, mad chicken, ground beef, frozen veggies, all kinds of shit.

Cooked a turkey two weeks ago. Made some pork tenderloin the other night, marinated it with some raw honey....shit was amazing. All that shit came from the freezer.

People in apartments can’t really live like this unfortunately

You got a generator(electric/solar or gas)? In the rare event that the power goes out for a period of time you wanna have something to fall back on so all of that dont go to waste

You got a generator(electric/solar or gas)? In the rare event that the power goes out for a period of time you wanna have something to fall back on so all of that dont go to waste
Yyyyyyyyyyyyup

Those were the kinda things I was taught as a kid. I was never taught to floss.... Just take care of home.

Like my "broke" is basically... I'm not going out broke.

Bills stay paid.. Food always in the house. Gas in the car. All the essentials are taken care of.

It's just the extra curricular shit

There are some people that I know of who’s always broke and when I look at their lifestyle I can see why. Going out to eat a lot, spending their money on stuff they don’t need, got an expensive ass car, still carrying some sort of debt. I would tell them how they could cut down but then people get offended when you try to tell them to be more financially responsible so…

Last edited:
250k today is what 165k was 12 years ago. Roughly, that's a third of your money gone into thin air before you touch it, even if your spending habits decreased since then. That's 85k gone dawg. And that's before taxes and insurance. Plus, housing....that's another third on its own if not more.

250k today is what 165k was 12 years ago. Roughly, that's a third of your money gone into thin air before you touch it, even if your spending habits decreased since then. That's 85k gone dawg. And that's before taxes and insurance. Plus, housing....that's another third on its own if not more.

Fuck is you getting this math from................. :niggawhat:

Fuck is you getting this math from................. :niggawhat:
I didn’t do precise math, but it’s still in the ballpark. The Inflation rate today is about 8.58% so it’s based on that. Accounting for inflation, every dollar today buys .30 cents LESS than it bought at the beginning of last decade (2010). I used 2010 to help show that 250k isn’t as much as people may think. It’s not that you have to live paycheck to paycheck. Far from it, but if you think it’s hard to spend that amount of income it really isn’t. It can get spent as easily as anything else especially if 30% of it is already tied up in rent or housing and 30% is taxed. Soon as you start adjusting for inflation, you can see how someone can get into paycheck to paycheck situation even with 250k annually. Even if you only go back to the beginning of 2020, 250k today is worth 215k compared to 2 years ago. That’s a lot of money lost if your earnings didn’t increase.

Last edited:
I didn’t do precise math, but it’s still in the ballpark. The Inflation rate today is about 8.58% so it’s based on that. Accounting for inflation, every dollar today buys .30 cents LESS than it bought at the beginning of last decade (2010). I used 2010 to help show that 250k isn’t as much as people may think. It’s not that you have to live paycheck to paycheck. Far from it, but if you think it’s hard to spend that amount of income it really isn’t. It can get spent as easily as anything else especially if 30% of it is already tied up in rent or housing and 30% is taxed. Soon as you start adjusting for inflation, you can see how someone can get into paycheck to paycheck situation even with 250k annually. Even if you only go back to the beginning of 2020, 250k today is worth 215k compared to 2 years ago. That’s a lot of money lost if your earnings didn’t increase.

Exactly

Back