Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll 500k Up Front or Dinner With Jay-z?

What you doing?

• Dinner with Jay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Give me the money, only a fool would choose otherwise. 50k is good enough to get whatever idea you got off the ground.

This question on Twitter had some hilarious responses

lol How is this a question? If you put being in Jay-Z's presence of money, you aren't just a Stan, you're the Final Boss in a game full of Stans.

The one exception is if you got an marketable idea and you are taking the meeting because you believe it's something that Jay would invest in. Even then, with 500K or even 50K, you could probably put in a little work and get that idea moving on your own without having to settle up with Jay eventually.
Lmao that's the whole thing.

Dinner with Jay means that you bout to pitch and Idea or get contacts out of it.

It could've said dinner with Bill gates or Bezos too.

Why would it mean just chilling with jay loool.

As many of yall think that taking the money is the obvious answer just do a Twitter search on this question and you'll see plenty people who say the lunch and chance to "get a jewel worth millions" from Jay is worth more.

As many of yall think that taking the money is the obvious answer just do a Twitter search on this question and you'll see plenty people who say the lunch and chance to "get a jewel worth millions" from Jay is worth more.
Like I said if it’s to play him beats or shit like that I’m taking the dinner....Soundtrak told niggas he is made a few millions over the yrs fucking w Lupe...imagine Jay Z placements

Lmao that's the whole thing.

Dinner with Jay means that you bout to pitch and Idea or get contacts out of it.

It could've said dinner with Bill gates or Bezos too.

Why would it mean just chilling with jay loool.

Bruh, you adding your own shit to the scenario. It didn't say anything about you having a pitch. It said money or dinner with Jay. There are actually people out there that think just sitting down with a successful person will allow them to gain some insight or learn some shit that will help them be successful too.

Like I said, if you got a real tangible idea you want to push, maybe a dinner with Jay would be worth it, but even then, I don't know that it's better than 500K free of strings.

I'm taking the money, if I go to dinner all I'm gonna do is ask how he lost 92 bricks. Did he get robbed for them?! Did he and someone else have the same duffle bag and grab the wrong one by mistake?!

Bruh, you adding your own shit to the scenario. It didn't say anything about you having a pitch. It said money or dinner with Jay. There are actually people out there that think just sitting down with a successful person will allow them to gain some insight or learn some shit that will help them be successful too.

Like I said, if you got a real tangible idea you want to push, maybe a dinner with Jay would be worth it, but even then, I don't know that it's better than 500K free of strings.
CJLsXKo (1).png

Bro, the reason why I put "day old question " in the op is because this has been a discussion since atleast 5 years back.

We had a discussion about this on the IC as well.

The og question was "would you rather have dinner with jay to pitch your ideas or soak in game or would you take 500k upfront"

Joe just asked the question knowing what the premise was, the question is popular on twitter right now with the OG question.

And if you read the comments on the IG post, people already know the premise.

Jay a black billionaire and that's why it says Jay.

If it was some celeb worship shit it could've easily say bow wow or offset.

View attachment 330950

Bro, the reason why I put "day old question " in the op is because this has been a discussion since atleast 5 years back.

We had a discussion about this on the IC as well.

The og question was "would you rather have dinner with jay to pitch your ideas or soak in game or would you take 500k upfront"

Joe just asked the question knowing what the premise was, the question is popular on twitter right now with the OG question.

And if you read the comments on the IG post, people already know the premise.

Jay a black billionaire and that's why it says Jay.

If it was some celeb worship shit it could've easily say bow wow or offset.

I didn't know all that background, bu it's not like this is some kinda unique or novel question. I've heard the same thing posed about Oprah like half a dozen times over the years. The difference between Jay and Bow Wow/Offset is that some people really do think that sitting down with someone like him or Oprah would automatically open doors. People feed into hype.

OK.....Now that the title us changed to $500k...
I would have to seriously still think about it.

While $500k is a good amount of money.....Access to information can be an investment if you know why your at dinner and can articulate what you want out if it.

you guys gotta understand something. Two things matter of fact.

1. Nothing in the universe is more powerful than compound interest.
2. Nothing in the universe is more valuable than information and access.

Last edited:
What in this scenario says he would promote your project though?

Lol

Only thing that is certain is him having dinner with you or you taking a sum of money

Well that's why it's a difficult question innit. If it were just take a selfie with a celeb then that's a no but by dinner I'm thinkin' it's a meetin'

While $500k is a good amount of money.....Access to information can be an investment if you know why your at dinner and can articulate what you want out if it.

Lol title never changed fam.

But yeah thats true.

I didn't know all that background, bu it's not like this is some kinda unique or novel question. I've heard the same thing posed about Oprah like half a dozen times over the years. The difference between Jay and Bow Wow/Offset is that some people really do think that sitting down with someone like him or Oprah would automatically open doors. People feed into hype.
Would you know what to ask?

How to conduct yourself?

How to steer the conversation?

How to sell yourself' your dream or your product?

Would you know how to make the feel like the can open up to you? Trust you or welcome you into their network?

Is it me or is networking a lost art?

Lol...a dinner with someone way more plugged in than you, where you share your ideas?

Makes me think of a Em lyric

"I listen to your demo tape and act like I dont like it, two months later you hear your lyrics on my shit"

If you think you have an idea that Jay can help with because you are an Entrepreneur.

If 500k wont help you, neither can Jay
This is false......That's like saying everyone who won the lottery for millions have successful businesses and are living good.

Aint none if y'all thinking of a business if someone just drop half a mill in your acct.

Last edited:
Like I said if it’s to play him beats or shit like that I’m taking the dinner....Soundtrak told niggas he is made a few millions over the yrs fucking w Lupe...imagine Jay Z placements

So during dinner you just gonna start shopping beats hoping Jay gets inspired over the entre?

but can’t you possibly meat Jay z after turning the 500k to a million?

Back