Welcome To aBlackWeb

50 trying to buy jarules publishing

i dont think def jam owns them .

Murder Inc was a sub-label under Island Def Jam. Chances are the deal would have included somethign on the publishing, but IDJ would have likely retained ownership over the masters. Plus, Irv and 'nem could have sold their pub to IDJ for the money to cover their legal fees and whatnot, so I wouldn't be surprised if Def Jam does own the publishing.

That is where you go wrong. Supreme wasn't Ja peoples for real. That shit between 50 and Supreme ain't have shit to do with Ja.

Partly wrong on this one. Part of 50 and Preme fall out had to do w 50 dissing ja rule and them. Preme was "eating" w them niggas and told 50 to chill and 50 did not. I believe there was also some street shit that had nothing to do w murder in and Ja. But Is and murder Inc and preme connection to them def played a part in all this shit. Jay and has was cool w murder Inc too. Which is partly why 50 went at them too

Look at most of 50 beef history. Is mostly a bunch of dudes that affiliated w murder Inc at some point. Shyne, jada, fat joe, nas. The money that was being laundered through Murder Inc basically paid for the hit that got put out on him. If you cant understand why this nigga still salty, I don't know what to tell you

I wonder what songs Def Jam owns the pub rights to, and also interested why Def Jam owns them and not Murder Inc

If this is true n def jam own that shit. Irv failed JA. Irv knew the industry better than anybody on murder Inc staff n should have known how contracts work. Unless JA sold the masters to his music when murder Inc got frozen by feds n went bankrupt.

Because publishing is where the long-term money is at. If Fiddy takes ownership of Ja's catalog and, especially, his masters he could conceivably re-release all of Ja's shit on G-Unit, pay indies to push his music back into the top 100, get record spins, make sales and all of that, and Ja wouldn't get one thin dime from any of it. He could also license that music out all over the place, tv shows, movies, commercials, radio spots, video games... and all the money generated would go to 50.

I get that. Still morally rephrehensible

Look at most of 50 beef history. Is mostly a bunch of dudes that affiliated w murder Inc at some point. Shyne, jada, fat joe, nas. The money that was being laundered through Murder Inc basically paid for the hit that got put out on him. If you cant understand why this nigga still salty, I don't know what to tell you

Well shit he moght as well blame def jam too. I mean if its about what possible money couldve got him hit.

Im a fan of both Ja’s and 50’s music and I wish them both success…

BUT saying that why are people slating 50 for this??? Yeah I kinda feel bad for Ja if this is true (tbh i dont think it is) as dude has a family to look out for etc... But you play with fire you get burnt, Murda Inc chose to aline/associate themselves with Preme, who we know had serious issues with 50 and there were numerous run ins between 50 and Ja's camps, plus some nasty records and allegations for good measure...

So add all this up with us knowing that 50 likes to suffocate and squash people that did him wrong on his '48 Laws of Power’ schitt and its really not a surprising move… In fact, as fckd up as it sounds it is a GENUIS move, he would own Ja and that is the total EITHER... This was not a typical rap battle or a sparring on wax, it was a war and both teams would of HAPPILY liked to of seen the other suffer and crumble…

Also if Def Jam do sell 50 the rights it just proves that there really is no loyalty, Irv made Def Jam millions and pretty much bought them back from the dead...

Last edited:
Corny shit like this will get you killed. Also goes to show you how you get fucked by record companies.

And it's all for our entertainment. These dudes will forever be at each other. If you could do this to your enemy you saying you wouldn't?

that shit funny.....

i mean it's better than two black men shooting and killing each other...... the niggaz got beef...like legit beef..... if ja was in a position to get back at 50 he would.. but right now 50 in that spot.....

shit when ma$e came out the shadows to shit on cam'ron on a track and interviews...... was that the same thing? some niggaz ain't never gonna reconcile.

and you gotta understand these dudes all come for an environment where beef this legit ends badly......so personally i'd rather they go at each other in music and on the business tip than killing each other any day of the week.....

Back