Welcome To aBlackWeb

5 Love Languages

SmartSelect_20220227-092355_Chrome.jpg

Quality time , Words of affirmations and physical touch....should be happening at the same time lol.

I feel like the only time men get this right is during sex...

But this is pretty accurate. I like gifts and acts of service but if I had to choose... I prefer quality time over everything

Mine was acts of service being primary. Which I already knew. Quality time was secondary.

Compliments and affirmations are nice but words mean nothing to me if there is no action behind them.

I'm familiar with the concept...and it sounds rational, however I think Love Languages is some bullsh*t. It doesn't appear to be scientifically backed and it came out in 1992 so that begs the question, "How were relationships giving a feeling of fulfillment prior to 1992?"

Plus I don't trust the author. Some Christian pastor who's gotten really wealthy off this propaganda. The book just serves as stark reminder to converse sincerely and thoughtfully with the most relevant form of communication in our relationship: English.

Last edited:
I took the test and it said my love language was quality time.

You know what, this is true. Cause when I think about it. I believe the best form of respect is to give someone your undivided attention. It’s shows that you care what they have to say because what they have to say is important to them. It shows that what’s important to them is important to me.

Last night while chilling with my daughter she goes to tell me something and I’m listening and she asks. “Why do you always do that” and I asked her always do what. She said “everytime I talk to you, you stop what you are doing, like putting your phone down, putting the game controller down, stopping the car, or stoping a chore. You always stop what you’re doing when I talk to you.”

I said, I don’t know, it’s a form of respect, I’m showing you respect. She said, yea and when I call your name you respond “yes ma’am, why do you do that, you’re the adult”

And I told her that, that’s how she should be spoken to , regardless of who’s speaking to her.

I’m all about respect and connections, never realized it was my love language

Back