Welcome To aBlackWeb

3 charged in ethnic intimidation of Black family in Walled Lake

keemz

#gaza4eva #freeKartel #FreeSiva
WALLED LAKE, Mich. – Police are investigating an early morning home invasion in Walled Lake.
It happened around 12:30 a.m. Monday morning near South Commerce Road.
Police said they have two white men and one white woman in custody.
The victim in the case believes their family was targeted because they’re Black.
A mother and two children were home at the time of the home invasion. The children are 9 and 13 years old.
The 13-year-old child woke up when they heard a commotion outside the home and quickly woke up his 9-year-old brother. Moments later, their mother was in their bedroom, armed with a gun as people were breaking into their home.
While the people kept trying to break into the home, the mother fired shots through the bedroom window. She also called her husband, who works overnight in Detroit.

“I can hear everything, them kicking and banging down the door, whatever they were doing,” the husband said.
Two men and a woman, along with dogs, a knife and a club broke down the door to the home to get inside.
“I heard the first shot and that’s when she, they were in the house,” the husband said. “I can hear the guy saying, ‘I’m going to kill you.’ The n-word and all that.”
The husband said he dropped everything, got in his car and headed home. By the time he arrived police had three white people in custody.
“It was a hate crime,” the husband said.
The Walled Lake family believes the attack was racially motivated.
“They knew that we were a Black family. I’m always on my motorcycle,” the husband said.
He said he’s proud his wife knows how to shoot a gun and that she did everything she could to protect their family.
“My wife did what she had to do,” he said. “When you have kids you do what you gotta do.”

ethnic intimidation??

My first time hearing of it as well.
But apparently, it's what a few states have for their hate crime law.
It's graded as a misdemeanor usually.

Several states have a crime called "ethnic intimidation". For instance, the law of the state of Michigan reads:[8]
750.147b Ethnic intimidation.
Sec. 147b.
(1) A person is guilty of ethnic intimidation if that person maliciously, and with the specific intent to intimidate or harass another person because of that person's race, colour, religion, gender, or national origin, does any of the following:(a) Causes physical contact with another person.(b) Damages, destroys or defaces any real or personal property of another person.(c) Threatens, by word or act, to do any act described in subdivision (a) or (b), if there is reasonable cause to believe that an act described in subdivision (a) or (b) will occur.(2) Ethnic intimidation is a felony punishable by imprisonment for not more than 2 years, or by a fine of not more than $5,000.00, or both.(3) Regardless of the existence or outcome of any criminal prosecution, a person who suffers an injury to his or her person or damage to his or her property as a result of ethnic intimidation may bring a civil cause of action against the person who commits the offence to secure an injunction, actual damages, including damages for emotional distress, or other appropriate relief. A plaintiff who prevails in a civil action brought according to this section may recover both of the following:(a) Damages in the amount of 3 times the actual damages described in this subsection or $2,000.00, whichever is greater.(b) Reasonable attorney fees and costs.

glad moms had that fye

but don't jus shoot recklessly out the window

kno where your target is & what's beyond your target incase the bullet over penetrates

My first time hearing of it as well.
But apparently, it's what a few states have for their hate crime law.
It's graded as a misdemeanor usually.

Several states have a crime called "ethnic intimidation". For instance, the law of the state of Michigan reads:[8]
750.147b Ethnic intimidation.
Sec. 147b.
(1) A person is guilty of ethnic intimidation if that person maliciously, and with the specific intent to intimidate or harass another person because of that person's race, colour, religion, gender, or national origin, does any of the following:(a) Causes physical contact with another person.(b) Damages, destroys or defaces any real or personal property of another person.(c) Threatens, by word or act, to do any act described in subdivision (a) or (b), if there is reasonable cause to believe that an act described in subdivision (a) or (b) will occur.(2) Ethnic intimidation is a felony punishable by imprisonment for not more than 2 years, or by a fine of not more than $5,000.00, or both.(3) Regardless of the existence or outcome of any criminal prosecution, a person who suffers an injury to his or her person or damage to his or her property as a result of ethnic intimidation may bring a civil cause of action against the person who commits the offence to secure an injunction, actual damages, including damages for emotional distress, or other appropriate relief. A plaintiff who prevails in a civil action brought according to this section may recover both of the following:(a) Damages in the amount of 3 times the actual damages described in this subsection or $2,000.00, whichever is greater.(b) Reasonable attorney fees and costs.
It's understood what it is...the issue is that's the only thing they're charged with.

Back