Welcome To aBlackWeb

23 years ago today: NWO is formed

I remember watching this live on ppv, I really thought Lex Luger was about to be the third man after he left the match thinking he was about to come back out and make the turn. Never thought Hogan was going to be the guy since he wasn't seen for months, WCW played that perfectly to bad the fucked it all up by adding the whole WCW roster to it

I remember hearing that people were so pissed that hogan turned that they called wcw headquarters in Atlanta and complained lol

there was no avoiding picking a side at school

this nigga @Knock_Twice would just switch up like boxers lol

one day that nigga was WCW b/c they had the most niggas, then by lunchtime, he was NWO LMAO

Even though this was the hottest thing at the time I stayed true to the WWF because Brett Hart was in WWF

This move saved Hulk Hogan career. He was already getting boo signals from the crowd before his heel turn. Really, Hogan should've turned heel around 92' but Vince kept forcing him on the fans. I remember the night after this heel turn on Nitro. The energy was felt different like a black cloud over WCW. GOAT heel turn

Nwo was everything they would just jump niggas and spray pain em. Even with red and black it was cool. But they relied on it too much.

One of the greatest factions factions in the history of wrestling but they went back to the well one too many times with it. Once Vince and the WWF ushered in the attitude era and Mankind won the WWF title after Tony Schiavone blabbed on Nitro on air it was a wrap for WCW.

Only thing I'll change about this heel turn will have Hogan to drop the leg on Sting instead.

Back