Welcome To aBlackWeb

21 Savage arrested by ICE ( Actually from the UK)

U right but wrong as well ....I only speak French w my family...but most ppl state that I don’t have an accent when I speak English at all or sound like I’m from Brooklyn so it all depends on the person

Cosign I've known my neighbour Carlos since he was a baby, born and raised in London but he has a Portuguese accent.

Interestin' because his older sister (who wasn't born here) doesn't, and she said Carlos has a strong English accent when he speaks Portuguese.

It's all really weird

Jay-Z has stepped in to assist with 21 Savage's battle to be released from the custody of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). According to a report TMZ published on Wednesday (Feb. 6), Jay has hired a lawyer to work on Savage's case. Hov released a statement on the matter as well.

"In addition to being a successful recording artist, Savage deserves to be reunited with his children immediately," Jay-Z said, while adding that his arrest was "an absolute travesty." He also reiterated the same point that Savage's team has made since the rapper's arrest on Sunday (Feb. 3)—his U Visa application has been pending for years.

The attorney hired by Jay, Alex Spiro, also released a statement to the celebrity news site.

"We are not going to stop until he is released, bonded out or in front of a judge," he told TMZ. "What we have here is someone who overstayed their Visa with an application pending for four years—not a convicted criminal that needs to be detained and removed but, by all accounts a wonderful person, father, and entertainer who has a marijuana offense which was vacated and sealed."

In addition to Jay-Z, many more of 21 Savage's peers have come to his defense, including J. Cole and even Georgia representative Henry C. "Hank" Johnson—who wrote an endorsement letter and shared it with ICE on Twitter.

Jay been on that shit lately. Got to respect it.

the accent shit can be funny sometimes. my parents weren't born in America but since my mom came when she was 7 or 8 she barely has an accent but my fathers is much heavier. Since English was the first language in our house my siblings don't have accents at all. I got younger cousins who spoke half English, half native language at home who's accent shows a lot in convo compared to me not having one at all.

my filipino friend got tons of fam who's English u can barely comprehend but the second they start singing u would think theyre 5 generations deep into America, no accent at all.

It has most to do with how young u were exposed to the language/accent and how often its spoken in your home as a child.

the accent shit can be funny sometimes. my parents weren't born in America but since my mom came when she was 7 or 8 she barely has an accent but my fathers is much heavier. Since English was the first language in our house my siblings don't have accents at all. I got younger cousins who spoke half English, half native language at home who's accent shows a lot in convo compared to me not having one at all.

my filipino friend got tons of fam who's English u can barely comprehend but the second they start singing u would think theyre 5 generations deep into America, no accent at all.

It has most to do with how young u were exposed to the language/accent and how often its spoken in your home as a child.
You did alot of bouncing around what the native tongue was.
21 chifigs

He should change his name crom 21 savage to jolly good savage. "Righty-O!"
anigif_enhanced-buzz-31304-1388709989-10.gif

So now his lawyers are trying to say hes a dreamer?

May be true but its bullshit nonetheless...where was he when they was gettin rounded up? Did he ever speak on it til now?

Back