Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023/2024 College Basketball/Prospects Thread

@Gray Matter what are your thoughts on Shaedon Sharpe?

Love how easily he plays above the rim (plays bigger than his 6'5"), but seems to have some limitations in creating his own shot in the half-court. Areas of improvement can be worked on. Would love to see him in game action to properly evaluate him.

Likely top 10 pick, but probably wouldn't take him top 5. Too much uncertainty.

Your thoughts?

Love how easily he plays above the rim (plays bigger than his 6'5"), but seems to have some limitations in creating his own shot in the half-court. Areas of improvement can be worked on. Would love to see him in game action to properly evaluate him.

Likely top 10 pick, but probably wouldn't take him top 5. Too much uncertainty.

Your thoughts?
I really don’t have any thoughts. I have no idea how to evaluate high school tape. I am listening to other people on this one.

Gonna mess around and draft Johnny Davis or Benedict mathurin

honestly if I’m the spurs I would try to package #9 and a player to move up to like 6th or is that not that feasible?

Ben is a guy who could maybe guard wings and guards so he could be a decent fit with the Spurs also.

he isn’t the greatest at creating his own shot, right? I mean he is decent and he hits spot up shots well.

Davis, IDK. He is more of a straight up guard and not a wing from the little I know. We have enough guys like that.

I hope we can get Sochan or Eason. I really like Sochan

Ben is a guy who could maybe guard wings and guards so he could be a decent fit with the Spurs also.

he isn’t the greatest at creating his own shot, right? I mean he is decent and he hits spot up shots well.

Davis, IDK. He is more of a straight up guard and not a wing from the little I know. We have enough guys like that.

I hope we can get Sochan or Eason. I really like Sochan
I have no info on players projected 7-22 lmao for the most part

Eason will be there at #9 imo though

if y’all didn’t draft primo last year I would guess ousmane dieng for y’all this season lol

I have no info on players projected 7-22 lmao for the most part

Eason will be there at #9 imo though

if y’all didn’t draft primo last year I would guess ousmane dieng for y’all this season lol

they reached for Primo big time in my opinion. Even though it was rumors he might have went to OKC early.

Dieng would be a decent shot with one of the lower picks.

I think guys like Eason and Sochan are the way the league is going now. You need guys who are 6’7” (you can have 6’5” with huge wingspans but they have to be strong also) to 6’10” that are versatile enough to guard a wing, some guards, and a few bigs. Those players also can’t be a total liability on offense.

Both Eason and Sochan fit that mold. granted Sochan’s offense is more theoretical, due to his shooting splits. Lol. But the thing with Sochan is with how bad his percentages were he wasn’t afraid to shoot. Not too mention his shot doesn’t look broken. Both guys can handle decent and Sochan is a pretty good passer and both finish decent at the rim.

Guessing were working the phones. If we stick and pick ill be slightly disappointed. I can see Detroit or Sacramento looking to jump. That could create enough leverage allowing us to move down to 2 or 3 if the Rockets or Thunder get antsy

1 + 31 + Cole/RJ + Ross for 2 + 12 + Mann

@southsil4lil 🤔 1 + 31 for 3 + 17

1 + Ross + Cole/RJ for 4/5 + unprotected 2023 pick/23 pick swap + future first

Last edited:
Guessing were working the phones. If we stick and pick ill be slightly disappointed. I can see Detroit or Sacramento looking to jump. That could create enough leverage allowing us to move down to 2 or 3 if the Rockets or Thunder get antsy

1 + 31 + Cole/RJ + Ross for 2 + 12/Mann

@southsil4lil 🤔 1 + 31 for 3 + 17

1 + Ross + Cole/RJ for 4/5 + protected 2023 pick
THT, Nunn and the 2027 first round pick enough?

in the ESPN article on the lottery, Wetman had this to say:
"Obviously with that will come a lot of conversations, and it'll be interesting to see some of the calls that come up, but mostly it means that we get to familiarize ourselves now with elite prospects and we get to add one to our team," Weltman said.

Weltman said he believes there are "a lot of elite level prospects" at the top of the draft, and the team will do its due diligence.

"I do feel that as [these top prospects] start to make the rounds, teams will start to fall in love with guys, which is what generally happens," Weltman said. "And generally leverage will kind of unfold from there, ut I know we'll have a lot of interesting discussions with teams. Obviously we don't go into this thing looking to trade our pick.

Back