Welcome To aBlackWeb

2020 Royal Rumble Thread: 1/26/2020

Finally getting the push he should have had years ago

Ayo if they smart they will incorporate that shit into his story going forward..

Have Heyman bring up how he was always suppose to be the "Chosen One" years ago. Then put some of the old "Chosen One" footage into a video package and sell that shit. Stuff like that shouldn't be left out

Whoever booked that Rumble did a good job.

Wasn't feeling Lesnar run through everybody like that but they clearly used it as a way to get people behind Drew when he made that elimination.

then the whole thing w/ Rollins and his squad and those last couple eliminations, the shit was smooth.

I thought they were gonna let Reigns have it for taking out Edge but they booked it so Drew would be the one to eliminate Reigns and get even more support.

I'm happy it wasn't Roman and I'm glad they pushing someone new, but idk how I feel about Drew vs Brock. They’ve already done the story of “who has what it takes to finally vanquish the unbeatable Brock Lesnar?” Roman did it, and they’ve had Seth Rollins do it twice, so that story doesn’t work anymore.

Hopefully this is a good build to Mania and WWE actually uses some creativity.

Asuka vs Becky was good, the Men's rumble after Brock Lesnar got eliminated was great, women's rumble: eh. Lacey and Bayley: eh. Corbin and Reigns; *Sigh*

Am I missing anything? SMH@ them making Keith Lee and riddle look like some geeks though. Solid show overall

Usually me& Tha wife would watch tha Royal Rumble(or wrestling period)....but tha news of Kobe passing fucked up her day Kobe was my wife's favorite his death brought tears to her eyes..... She was hurtin like a lot of us today.

TBH this was a pretty good show hands down. I didn’t like Charlotte going over instead of Shayna nor Becky over Asuka. At least with Becky/Asuka I can understand it from a booking perspective

Other than that I have no complaints

Honestly probably the best rumble from a booking standpoint I ever seen. From a building of stars, intertwining story lines, nostalgia pyhchological moments, spear vs spear, etc what a great rumble
I was thinking the same thing...

Even with the Brock run, this rumble was booked perfectly...

Cuz Brock was a beast, but Drew came in possessed... And was staring Brock down till he left ring side...

That shit was great....

Brock did a great job of looking rocked after leaving the rumble...

This was probably the best full rumble match I've seen in a while.

They really ain't even have no joke entries, cuz they used the roster to tell a good story.....

Seth is amazing... Props to him and Roman for doing such a good job of giving Drew the convincing nod....

I'm happy it wasn't Roman and I'm glad they pushing someone new, but idk how I feel about Drew vs Brock. They’ve already done the story of “who has what it takes to finally vanquish the unbeatable Brock Lesnar?” Roman did it, and they’ve had Seth Rollins do it twice, so that story doesn’t work anymore.

Hopefully this is a good build to Mania and WWE actually uses some creativity.

I was gonna say something about that. I honestly dont thats the story anymore cause Brock has been beaten by Rollins twice and Roman once. So we know he can be defeated. I think this is being done to give us a fresh match up and as a way to put somebody else over Lesnar and establish them as a main eventer.

They still got work to do with Drew, up until the past month he was just a lackey to Shane, Dolph Ziggler and Braun Strowman. He hasn't had a significant feud where he came out as the winner.

Yeah to be honest I was enjoying the Brock part, he was throwing out low mid carders, I loved the layers they did with that with the 2 guys Brock has beat, then the Keith Lee moment, and the blow off for Drew to eliminate him to blow the roof off. His levels in the match were booked perfect. 2nd half of the rumble didnt hold on the breaks, legit fun asf. 8/10 for me.

Back