Welcome To aBlackWeb

2020 NFL Season Thread

You and Dwayne love that guy. Y'all are setting yourselves up for disappointment.

Exactly

He ain't nothing other GM's do.

In order to get Watson, they gonna have to restructure contracts, not re-sign players, and/or cut players.

And they ain't achieving any of that w/ the 3rd string guys who on Special Teams.

Exactly

In order to get Watson, they gonna have to restructure contracts, not re-sign players, and/or cut players.

And they ain't achieving any of that w/ the 3rd string guys who on Special Teams.

We ain’t getting him bruh.

But the salary cap ain’t the reason we can’t. Loomis is a money guy. Not a football guy. He knows how to move money around. He’s one of the best in the NFL at it

Exactly

I don't think either dwayne or I are being serious b lol

My comments were mainly tongue in cheek

I don't mean about getting Watson. I mean I think the team is in a cap situation Loomis can't get out of. Gonna have to lose players you'd like to keep.
Ahh, gotcha

I've already settled into this being a reality regardless if they are big players in FA or not. They have to decide if they want to still contend or blow it up. Can't do a variation of either one imo

I don't mean about getting Watson. I mean I think the team is in a cap situation Loomis can't get out of. Gonna have to lose players you'd like to keep.

Teams lose players they wanna keep literally every year.

That normal.

we almost a 100m over the cap and I bet we gon make it work and sign folks

We ain’t getting him bruh.

But the salary cap ain’t the reason we can’t. Loomis is a money guy. Not a football guy. He knows how to move money around. He’s one of the best in the NFL at it

Damn near every team has a money guy.

My point was there's only so much they can do.

And it hasn't been your money guy over these years. It's been your scouting dept. Y'all have had some gems in the later rds of the draft.

I'd love for Aaron Rodgers to leave GB, for obvious reasons. I do think the Packers were dumb as hell to be striking distance of the SB and they decide to draft a project QB and a back-up RB when they already have Aaron Jones and Jamal Williams with their first two picks.

Teams lose players they wanna keep literally every year.

That normal.

we almost a 100m over the cap and I bet we gon make it work and sign folks

Then he's just doing regular shit then, haha. If you're losing players just like everyone else, then he's not doing anything special. I'm not knocking him as a GM. Just saying it sounds like he's doing what everyone else does.

Back