Welcome To aBlackWeb

2020 NFL Offseason Thread

I dont think NFL players are willing to sacrifice short term losses for long term gains. That's just my 2 cents.
NFL players cant afford the holdout due to them not getting a big enough of the pie

Majority of the league is replaceable so they would get replaced instantly

This is the type of thinking that is hurtin them. You guys are talking about the scrubs. When the NBA held out. Lebron, wade, Kobe and chris Paul were leading the movement. The superstars need to take control and show those other players that they do have LEVERAGE. At the end of the day, a holdout, if done properly can benefit the 3rd and 4th stringers as well. You cant replace EVERYBODY. So the Bradys, OBJs and others need to stand for the guys that are replaceable. I know is not that simple...I just feel like they can create leverage

If u think about it, is insane that NFL players dont have fully guaranteed contracts. They should be the one sport that has them...you mean to tell me these guys are more prone to CTE, more broken bones than any other major sport and have suspect medical after retirement and are not getting guaranteed contracts. Kirk Cousins got a guaranteed contract and the only reason that happened is bc he had LEVERAGE.

Sounds noble but if I'm an owner why would i wanna give the nickle or dime DB a guaranteed contract. Them dudes mostly get replaced every year it seems like.

2 and 3rd string oline or d line i wouldn't want to pay them over when they get cut so often

Sounds noble but if I'm an owner why would i wanna give the nickle or dime DB a guaranteed contract. Them dudes mostly get replaced every year it seems like.

2 and 3rd string oline or d line i wouldn't want to pay them over when they get cut so often

They can fight for guaranteed contracts. They'll just get paid less. No different than a utility player in baseball. You not a priority on the squad, but u still needed to fill a roster spot. That 2nd string oline is not a joke once your starter goes down n your star QB is getting killed n your offense is shot

Pass interference replay review looks to be one-and-done.

In the annual postseason survey taken by the nine-member NFL Competition Committee, teams came out overwhelmingly agent retaining the PI replay rule that was instituted for the 2019 season, NFL Network's Judy Battista reported Tuesday night.

According to Battista, when asked if they were favor of making the rule permanent, 21 teams said no and eight said yes. When asked if the rule should be extended for one more year, 17 teams said no and five said yes.

While the survey does not officially change the rule, it indicates that the competition committee and the league are trending toward killing the rule for the 2020 season.

Not sueprised as it was a terrible tule and slowed down the game.

so am i the only one who thinks that its not adding a game?

last i read, they were shortening the pre season by 1 game and adding a game to the regular season...same amount of games played in total

the kicker is going to be how they end up doing the contracts for the "extra" game

so am i the only one who thinks that its not adding a game?

last i read, they were shortening the pre season by 1 game and adding a game to the regular season...same amount of games played in total

the kicker is going to be how they end up doing the contracts for the "extra" game

In a way yes and no. Starters aren't really expected to play much in the preseason, therefore the wear n tear on the body is less of a factor. Especially stars and even less if they are coming back from some sort of injury or dealing w a new one. The regular season is a whole different story, far as wear n tear and expectation to play hurt.

In a way yes and no. Starters aren't really expected to play much in the preseason, therefore the wear n tear on the body is less of a factor. Especially stars and even less if they are coming back from some sort of injury or dealing w a new one. The regular season is a whole different story, far as wear n tear and expectation to play hurt.
ehhhh

i really dont see this as being as big as an issue

the only thing i would need to be concerned about is the pay

ehhhh

i really dont see this as being as big as an issue

the only thing i would need to be concerned about is the pay

As a fan. I dont mind. As a player, I'd be like fuck that trade off. To your point, I guess the pay would be the piece of the trade off to be concerned with

NFL players have historically loved to shoot their selves in the foot. If they are looking for real power like the NBA and MLB They should vote no.

Also weren’t they given warning of a potential work stoppage a few years ago? If so they should’ve stacked.

I love football but I love empowered workers more. I hope they fight for everything they want and if it’s a lockout then it is what it is.

You really think his eyesight was THAT bad and that's why he threw all them ints.

Unless he color blind as well, dude is just a mediocre QB at best.

yes. He couldnt see the sideline or even the giant scoreboard so him have bad vision can def lead to INTs because he probably think he had more room to throw.

Dude is talented

Lies. They can afford it they just fuck up their money. $480K minimum NFL rookie salary. They can afford it easily

FINALLY. This is what I'm saying....is about making a sacrifice. Sacrifice short term loss for long term gains. Brah, the stop n shop by my house just had a labor dispute. If my uncle making $20/hr can afford to hold out n hold his ground until a better deal was reached w his union. These dudes making 6, 7 and 8 figures a year sure as hell can. Fuck outta here. NFLPA, sent a memo to all the players like 2-3 years ago telling them to save they bread and prepare for a work stoppage in 2020-2021.

Back