Welcome To aBlackWeb

2020 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The entire NBA should be on notice. The Hawks sneakily have the contracts, young talent and all of their future first-round picks to make a splash for a superstar on the trade market. “One of the things I really like about where we are is with the veteran guys we have (combined) with the younger guys we have — we have a lot of guys on our roster that other teams value, so we always want to keep ourselves in position if there is a star player that comes available — we’re in position to go and try acquire them,” Schlenk said this week. “We’re in a nice situation there because we do have a lot of young talent that people value, and now we have good veterans that we can use to match salary. We’re going to continue to look to be aggressive as we build this team out.” – via Chris Kirschner @ The Athletic

Who’s to say what Silas knew about the discord inside the organization he was about to join? Mike D’Antoni chose to leave, and Morey was out too — that much was obvious. Rockets owner Tilman Fertitta preferred Jeff Van Gundy for coach, sources say, while Harden and Westbrook wanted Tyronn Lue. Silas was to be the brokered compromise, but both star players chose to try to push their way out after he was hired anyway. – via Joe Vardon @ The Athletic

Who’s to say what Silas knew about the discord inside the organization he was about to join? Mike D’Antoni chose to leave, and Morey was out too — that much was obvious. Rockets owner Tilman Fertitta preferred Jeff Van Gundy for coach, sources say, while Harden and Westbrook wanted Tyronn Lue. Silas was to be the brokered compromise, but both star players chose to try to push their way out after he was hired anyway. – via Joe Vardon @ The Athletic

The entire NBA should be on notice. The Hawks sneakily have the contracts, young talent and all of their future first-round picks to make a splash for a superstar on the trade market. “One of the things I really like about where we are is with the veteran guys we have (combined) with the younger guys we have — we have a lot of guys on our roster that other teams value, so we always want to keep ourselves in position if there is a star player that comes available — we’re in position to go and try acquire them,” Schlenk said this week. “We’re in a nice situation there because we do have a lot of young talent that people value, and now we have good veterans that we can use to match salary. We’re going to continue to look to be aggressive as we build this team out.” – via Chris Kirschner @ The Athletic

A Similar situation to Miami

but I don’t believe in the hawks but I mean they should have a bigger standing in the league since the city is Atlanta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back