2020 NBA Offseason Thread

Dwitty

Dec 10, 2019
ABW Bucks
$6,019
Btw that Hayward contract is hilarious

BUT

He averaged 17, 6, and 4 playing with Tatum and brown last season

I have to expect based on trajectory and opportunity he should be around 20, 5, and 4 so while it’s an overpay it might not hurt Charlotte as much as maybe we think
Doubt it. The only time he scored 20 or more was his last season in Utah and he did it on 43% shooting. I think that 17pts was the result of a shorter season and him not being the 1st or 2nd option. He only missed 10 games his 2nd yr in BOS and he still couldn't average 20 or more. That year he only started like 18 games (72 games played, 11pts avg) compare that to last year where he started in all 52 games (52 games played 17pts avg) that he played and he only scored 6pts more last season than the prior season. He's now 30 with a bad injury history, on a completely new team. I think the best you get from him is 18pts 5reb 3ast.

Gene Parmesan

Your mama wear Underwear wit Dickholes In Em’
Jan 18, 2017
ABW Bucks
$92,401,108
Doubt it. The only time he scored 20 or more was his last season in Utah and he did it on 43% shooting. I think that 17pts was the result of a shorter season and him not being the 1st or 2nd option. He only missed 10 games his 2nd yr in BOS and he still couldn't average 20 or more. That year he only started like 18 games (72 games played, 11pts avg) compare that to last year where he started in all 52 games (52 games played 17pts avg) that he played and he only scored 6pts more last season than the prior season. He's now 30 with a bad injury history, on a completely new team. I think the best you get from him is 18pts 5reb 3ast.
He averaged 17 playing with kemba, Tatum, and Brown

he’s playing with Graham, rozier Ball, and Cody Zeller

the only forward on the roster besides him is bridges

i would expect that 17 to go up also it’s a slightly shortened season for him too

and when I say 20 I’m rounding to 20 so When you say you see him averaging 18 how much of a difference is that from say...19.6?

He’s the best player on the hornets

also me Saying what he could average 20 it’s me really leaning on the optimistic side of if everything goes well

Last edited:

Dwitty

Dec 10, 2019
ABW Bucks
$6,019
He averaged 17 playing with kemba, Tatum, and Brown

he’s playing with Graham, rozier Ball, and Cody Zeller

the only forward on the roster besides him is bridges

i would expect that 17 to go up also it’s a slightly shortened season for him too

and when I say 20 I’m rounding to 20 so When you say you see him averaging 18 how much of a difference is that from say...19.6?

He’s the best player on the hornets

also me Saying what he could advertising really leaning on the optimistic side of everything goes well
I just don't think the numbers will go up much or get to 19. I look at the 17 as exactly what he would have had if he played all 82 games the only difference being that the extra 30 games last year would have lowered his fg% if the season weren't cut short.

He's the best player on the hornets right now, yes. But he is not getting this team to the playoffs, I'm looking at them as 9th seed if everything goes absolutely perfect for them. 30mil a year for a 9th seed and a roster spot that forces, at least 3 lineup changes and reduces minutes for at least 2 younger guys (who could be trade bait). And to add at the end of the 4yrs they have a 34yr old who they can't possibly be looking to sign for more money or even trade during those 4yrs if shit goes wrong because no one will take that contract. just a bad move from my perspective

But I see your point

Gene Parmesan

Jan 18, 2017
ABW Bucks
$92,401,108
I just don't think the numbers will go up much or get to 19. I look at the 17 as exactly what he would have had if he played all 82 games the only difference being that the extra 30 games last year would have lowered his fg% if the season weren't cut short.

He's the best player on the hornets right now, yes. But he is not getting this team to the playoffs, I'm looking at them as 9th seed if everything goes absolutely perfect for them. 30mil a year for a 9th seed and a roster spot that forces, at least 3 lineup changes and reduces minutes for at least 2 younger guys (who could be trade bait). And to add at the end of the 4yrs they have a 34yr old who they can't possibly be looking to sign for more money or even trade during those 4yrs if shit goes wrong because no one will take that contract. just a bad move from my perspective

But I see your point
No I agree that it’s a bad move

I’m simply saying if he’s gonna have more opportunity in Charlotte his numbers should naturally go up

we’ll see though

Reactions: Dwitty

Gene Parmesan

Jan 18, 2017
ABW Bucks
$92,401,108
How many GM’s have multiple titles?

This is strange man
shaq and kobe were already there when kupchak got there fuck off and stop trying to sidestep my question

Tell me what kupchak has done the past decade ?

what’s strange is you going to bat for kupchak and holding onto past glory that he not even solely responsible for

BDBIID

nah.
Dec 20, 2017
ABW Bucks
$16,514,746
shaq and kobe were already there when kupchak got there fuck off and stop trying to sidestep my question

Tell me what kupchak has done the past decade ?

what’s strange is you going to bat for kupchak and holding onto past glory that he not even solely responsible for
Is a career a career or just the last few years?

When Kobe demanded help. The original target was KG. Glen Taylor refused to do business with the Lakers unless they gave up both LO and Bynum amongst pretty much every other asset. Mitch declined.

The next two targets were Jermaine O’Neal and Pau. And at the time the media’s favorite was JO. Mitch swerved and opted to deal for Pau. That would’ve been all bad because JO turned into a shell of himself shortly after. (I recall he got traded for Shawn Marion & another piece by some team 😯 ) So he kept LO, Bynum and acquired Pau all the while not trading for a on deck washed Jermaine O’Neal .

Not to mention he traded for Ariza when he was thought of not at all as a Knick. Ended up a Key contributor to the 09 championship team.

And if Stern doesn’t intervene with basketball reasons we’re not having this convo either.

That’s why it’s strange. Either you let Laker fans get under your skin to speak irrationally outta hate or you don’t know your history brotherman. I’d hate for it to be the latter