Welcome To aBlackWeb

2020 NBA Draft thread

While LaMelo Ball, James Wiseman and Anthony Edwards are seen as the top three prospects in the class, the Warriors reportedly could have their eye on a different young star who is expected to go in the lottery.

On Friday, The San Francisco Chronicle's Connor Letourneau reported, citing league sources, that the Warriors are "higher on" Israel forward Deni Avdija than they are on Ball and "possibly" Wiseman.

Why?

He is one of the guys I like for my Spurs. He definitely needs to work on his lower body strength though
It's just not a huge priority that we need and it's too high of a pick. I get reaching for your guy, but if you are gonna reach, reach on someone with insane potential like Poku or someone with a ELITE skill like Riller. Jalen Smith, or Precious Achiwua both does neither for me. I would be fine with a later pick like at 29, but not at no damn 13 lol.

Btw I really have soured on Jalen Smith as a prospect. His ceiling is someone I don't think I would really invest much in as a late lottery player.

It's just not a huge priority that we need and it's too high of a pick. I get reaching for your guy, but if you are gonna reach, reach on someone with insane potential like Poku or someone with a ELITE skill like Riller. Jalen Smith, or Precious Achiwua both does neither for me. I would be fine with a later pick like at 29, but not at no damn 13 lol.

Btw I really have soured on Jalen Smith as a prospect. His ceiling is someone I don't think I would really invest much in as a late lottery player.

I'm not an Achiwua fan at all. Riller at 13 is a ridiculous reach in my opinion also... lol. I do think Riller at the end of the 1st round isn't bad or even in the 20's but the teens?? Nah.

I agree that some teams should swing for the homerun prospect but not all teams.

Poku is interesting and also kinda scary as a prospect to me.. lol

I'm not an Achiwua fan at all. Riller at 13 is a ridiculous reach in my opinion also... lol. I do think Riller at the end of the 1st round isn't bad or even in the 20's but the teens?? Nah.

I agree that some teams should swing for the homerun prospect but not all teams.

Poku is interesting and also kinda scary as a prospect to me.. lol
Who is your top 3 prospects for the spurs in y'all range?

Who is your top 3 prospects for the spurs in y'all range?

Honestly it depends on what direction the team wants to go in.....

If everything holds to how the mocks are today, then the top 3 players I like in our range

Jalen Smith
Devin Vassell
Patrick Williams

I honestly only really like Vassell and Smith at the 11 (if none of the top players fall) for us. I would really like if they could pull a trade with one of the teams who have multiple 1st in this draft or is willing to swap this years and give up next years pick

Back