Welcome To aBlackWeb

2019 NFL Off-Season Thread

Elway probably gonna draft Drew Lock or somebody else wack to sit behind Flacco then

Tua is overhyped IMO. Tua right now is the Tide version of what we had at THE U back in the day Gino Toretta and most recent Ken Dorsey. A decent to good QB who is made to look GREAT because all truly good to great players around them.

I like Haskins(OSU) & I need to see more but from what I've see from Lawrence(Clemson). I think they're both better than Tua

Tua is overhyped IMO. Tua right now is the Tide version of what we had at THE U back in the day Gino Toretta and most recent Ken Dorsey. A decent to good QB who is made to look GREAT because all truly good to great players around them.

I like Haskins(OSU) & I need to see more but from what I've see from Lawrence(Clemson). I think they're both better than Tua

naw but ima let you cook tho

State your difference in opinion.
just looking at the history of Bama QBs

by your opinion we should have had the same numbers and hype about:

Greg McElroy
AJ McArron
Blake Sims
Jacob Coker
Jalen Hurts

Who all had "superior talent" around them just as Tua does...

I agree that as far as physical tools Haskins and TL are better than Tua...(arm stregnth being the primary one)

Tua is an accurate passer with great anticipation and ball placement...most of his throws are hitting his wr's in stride to give them a chance to for YAC

Has the ability to "throw guys open"

Also is excellent at pre snap reads and even better at manipulating the coverage with his eyes(most famous being the game winning TD in Natty last year)

also athletic enough to make the def account for his running ability.

Biggest things he need to work on is to tone down his gunslinging mentality...which was EVIDENT in the Natty this yr...

trusts his initial pre-snap reads a little too much and gets burnt...needs to be a little bit more patient in his post snap reads when going against coord that can disguise coverages (which is rare in CFB but the norm in NFL...most rookies go thru this learning curve anyway) He just had the misfortune of going up against two of the top 5 defensive minds in CFB in consecutive games.

Anywho...Tua is a bonafied first round QB...is he a generational talent worth tanking for? Emphatically no...but he is legit and has a chance to be a great...possibly elite QB in the NFL

You disrespect him by calling him Ken Dorsey b....

just looking at the history of Bama QBs

by your opinion we should have had the same numbers and hype about:

Greg McElroy
AJ McArron
Blake Sims
Jacob Coker
Jalen Hurts

Who all had "superior talent" around them just as Tua does...

I agree that as far as physical tools Haskins and TL are better than Tua...(arm stregnth being the primary one)

Tua is an accurate passer with great anticipation and ball placement...most of his throws are hitting his wr's in stride to give them a chance to for YAC

Has the ability to "throw guys open"

Also is excellent at pre snap reads and even better at manipulating the coverage with his eyes(most famous being the game winning TD in Natty last year)

also athletic enough to make the def account for his running ability.

Biggest things he need to work on is to tone down his gunslinging mentality...which was EVIDENT in the Natty this yr...

trusts his initial pre-snap reads a little too much and gets burnt...needs to be a little bit more patient in his post snap reads when going against coord that can disguise coverages (which is rare in CFB but the norm in NFL...most rookies go thru this learning curve anyway) He just had the misfortune of going up against two of the top 5 defensive minds in CFB in consecutive games.

Anywho...Tua is a bonafied first round QB...is he a generational talent worth tanking for? Emphatically no...but he is legit and has a chance to be a great...possibly elite QB in the NFL

You disrespect him by calling him Ken Dorsey b....

He's better than all those Bama qbs as well as Ken Dorsey. I never called him Ken Dorsey. I said he is benefiting from the great talent around him the same way Dorsey did. All players look better with great players around them.

Tua is good never called him a bum. Its easy to hit receivers in stride and read defenses when you not under pressure. Tua was a whole different player when the talent on D matched the talent on his offense. Clemson defense in the championship game showed that. Even with that performance Tua is still a good qb who should improve. With those receiver he had Tua ain't really have to throw them open too much cause they was already open majority of the time.

I'm just of the opinion that he's being overrated and overhyped at moment all the while he's still a good player.

Its like Peyton Manning to me. Great QB but still an overrated QB. Tua is a good qb but he still overrated.

Ken Dorsey is a stretch. He was lucky enough to have such great talent around him but flamed out quickly in the NFL. Tua looks better already that Dorsey

Ken Dorsey is a stretch. He was lucky enough to have such great talent around him but flamed out quickly in the NFL. Tua looks better already that Dorsey

Yall taking the shit to literal with Tua and Dorsey. I never said Tua and Dorsey talent levels are the same. I spoke on them both having great talent around them making them look better than what they are. IMO its true regardless of Tua being a much better player than Dorsey.

Yall taking the shit to literal with Tua and Dorsey. I never said Tua and Dorsey talent levels are the same. I spoke on them both having great talent around them making them look better than what they are. IMO its true regardless of Tua being a much better player than Dorsey.

Fair point. I just don’t know if I want another bad season. I’m expecting a terrible season for the dolphins but how is it do we tank? David fales as starting qb? Keep Tannehill? Lots of questions

He's better than all those Bama qbs as well as Ken Dorsey. I never called him Ken Dorsey. I said he is benefiting from the great talent around him the same way Dorsey did. All players look better with great players around them.

Tua is good never called him a bum. Its easy to hit receivers in stride and read defenses when you not under pressure. Tua was a whole different player when the talent on D matched the talent on his offense. Clemson defense in the championship game showed that. Even with that performance Tua is still a good qb who should improve. With those receiver he had Tua ain't really have to throw them open too much cause they was already open majority of the time.

I'm just of the opinion that he's being overrated and overhyped at moment all the while he's still a good player.

Its like Peyton Manning to me. Great QB but still an overrated QB. Tua is a good qb but he still overrated.

Yeah his biggest flaw IMO is being able to still be patient in the pocket and get your post snap reads under pressure...

LSU was the best secondary he faced all year and he shredded them...UGA...he was hurt bad and had no business even playing...after the first quarter...thats when he hurt his ankle that had surgery and you could tell by his footwork. Jalen should have came in way earlier.

Miss State gave him some fits too with that dline...

With Clemson a combo of great scheme and that pressure fucked Tua up lol. He was so used to his pre snaps being spot on and not having pressure Clemson gave him his issue....and even STILL he was playing well outside of the two picks...playcalling was what fucked us in the redzone...

Those two interceptions was literally him trusting his pre snaps and throwing that bitch up expecting it to be there cause it always was...ESPECIALLY that second pick...if hold that ball a half a second he sees Devonte Smith wide open in the flats with room to run...

but hey like you said...that stuff will improve...I fully expect Tua to be in his final form as a college QB next season...and possibly the number 1 pick in his draft class

as far as it being "easy" to throw dudes open and hitting them in stride...I think we really take that shit for granted...each of those other QBs had DOGS at WR and couldnt do what Tua does...and every QB is a different player with pressure and a good as scheme....even the GOAT (yuck) Tom Brady

Fair point. I just don’t know if I want another bad season. I’m expecting a terrible season for the dolphins but how is it do we tank? David fales as starting qb? Keep Tannehill? Lots of questions

Last thing we need to do is keep Tannehill. He should've been gone. Tank by using the season to see who we want to keep as starters and back ups and build from there after the season over.

Yeah his biggest flaw IMO is being able to still be patient in the pocket and get your post snap reads under pressure...

LSU was the best secondary he faced all year and he shredded them...UGA...he was hurt bad and had no business even playing...after the first quarter...thats when he hurt his ankle that had surgery and you could tell by his footwork. Jalen should have came in way earlier.

With Clemson a combo of great scheme and that pressure fucked Tua up lol. He was so used to his pre snaps being spot on and not having pressure Clemson gave him his issue....and even STILL he was playing well outside of the two picks...playcalling was what fucked us in the redzone...

Those two interceptions was literally him trusting his pre snaps and throwing that bitch up expecting it to be there cause it always was...ESPECIALLY that second pick...if hold that ball a half a second he sees Devonte Smith wide open in the flats with room to run...

but hey like you said...that stuff will improve...I fully expect Tua to be in his final form as a college QB next season...and possibly the number 1 pick in his draft class

as far as it being "easy" to throw dudes open and hitting them in stride...I think we really take that shit for granted...each of those other QBs had DOGS at WR and couldnt do what Tua does...and every QB is a different player with pressure and a good as scheme....even the GOAT (yuck) Tom Brady

For the most part we agree.

Shredded? Naw

The quick slants killed us all game though . but he started slow than a bitch when everybody was fresh on our defense.

Our offense left us on the field all game and the defense was tired as the game went on.

plus we had no pash rush.

I notice any sort of pressure and he kinda folds but I still think he the top QB next year easily. He got the accuracy to be great

That boy from Oregon is TRASH

Back