Welcome To aBlackWeb

2019-20 NFL Season Thread

Goodell on Pats probe: Won't rush to conclusions

Commissioner Roger Goodell said Wednesday at the league meetings that the NFL will not make any judgments until the completion of an investigation into the New England Patriots inappropriately filming the Cincinnati Bengals sideline during Sunday's game in Cleveland.

The club has acknowledged that a three-person crew producing a web series titled "Do Your Job'' didn't properly inform the Browns of the filming. The Patriots said they turned over all the footage to the league after being confronted. New England plays at the Bengals on Sunday.

"The sole purpose of the filming was to provide an illustration of an advance scout at work on the road," the Patriots said in a statement earlier this week. "There was no intention of using footage for any other purpose."

The Patriots also said the production crew, which included independent contractors who shot the video, is not part of New England's football operation.

"The football team, the football staff and the coaching staff had nothing to do with what happened," coach Bill Belichick told reporters Wednesday. "Nothing. So, we have no involvement in it."

Asked if the advance scout was aware of the rules barring filming from the press box, Belichick said, "He was doing his job. That's what he was doing, he was doing his job. Like we all tried to do.

"That's what the football team, the football staff and the coaching staff did last week was try to do their job for Kansas City, and then Cincinnati, and then Buffalo next week, and that's it."

In 2007, the Patriots were fined $250,000 and lost a first-round draft pick for violating NFL rules against using video to steal signals in a scandal dubbed "Spygate.'' Belichick was also fined $500,000.

Asked if New England's side of the latest story is believable, Goodell said, "One of the things I've learned is you don't draw conclusions until you have all the information. Once we have all the information, then we draw conclusions. We're not going to draw conclusions along the way.''

Goodell said the previous incident does affect the current situation, "but I think the key things are the new information that we have. I think the issue is what information do we have from this incident?''

They don't run enough for me. Defense ain't too impressive. Wouldn't be surprised if they were one and done.
I don’t trust their receivers either. Adams supposed to be a number 1 but he mid as fuck.
Their offensive doesn't have any creativity to it.
Them other cats just a bunch of niggas but I think Adams still suffering from that injury on the low
LMAO. Defense=not that good, Running game not good enough, Offense not creative, WRs suck....

Based on all this, Aaron Rodgers should be the MVP, lol. How are they 10-3???

LMAO. Defense=not that good, Running game not good enough, Offense not creative, WRs suck....

Based on all this, Aaron Rodgers should be the MVP, lol. How are they 10-3???
Easy schedule. Beat the Chiefs without Mahomes. Played against NFC Least division and AFC West. 49ers dominated them. Arod is enough to win a playoff game but this year the better teams are running the ball and playing defense. GB ain't doing that enough to make a run in the 'offs imo.

(CNN)Former Pro Bowl running back Clinton Portis and other retired NFL players have been charged by a federal grand jury with defrauding the NFL's health care benefits plan for its retirees, according to an indictment unsealed Thursday.
The former NFL players allegedly submitted fraudulent health care claims seeking to be reimbursed for "expensive medical equipment" that was never purchased, court records show.
CNN is reaching out to the NFL and the named players for comment.
According to an indictment unsealed in Kentucky, the former players are accused of submitting claims for equipment such as "hyperbaric oxygen chambers, ultrasound machines designed for use by a doctor's office to conduct women's health examinations, and electromagnetic therapy devices designed for use on horses."
The scheme, which lasted from June 2017 to December 2018, led to over $3.9 million in false and fraudulent claims, of which the plan paid out more than $3.4 million, prosecutors said in a news release.
The defendants "each personally profited" by receiving reimbursements from the plan or by getting kickbacks and bribes paid by participants in exchange for making false and fraudulent claims, the indictment says.
The defendants include:
  • Portis, the former Washington Redskins and Denver Broncos running back;
  • Robert McCune, a former linebacker with the Redskins;
  • John Eubanks, a former cornerback with the Redskins;
  • Tamarick Vanover, a former Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver;
  • Ceandris "C.C." Brown, a former Houston Texans safety;
  • James Butler, a former New York Giants and St. Louis Rams safety;
  • Fredrick Bennett, a former Houston Texans defensive back;
  • Etric Pruitt, a former defensive back for the Atlanta Falcons and Seattle Seahawks;
  • Carlos Rogers, a former Redskins and San Francisco 49ers cornerback;
  • and Correll Buckhalter, a former Philadelphia Eagles running back.
In addition, the government plans to file criminal informations charging Joseph Horn, the former New Orleans Saints wide receiver, and Donald "Reche" Caldwell, the former San Diego Chargers and New England Patriots wide receiver, according to the news release.
More than 20 FBI field offices across the country participated in the investigation, from Miami to New Jersey to Los Angeles, prosecutors said.

mannn I hate that for Clinton Portis

I know he probably thought he was gettin back at the system or getting what was owed to him. I dont think any of the people that fucked him over were charged or ordered to pay anything

hope his people are there for him

@Doc Hustletown
@toheeb27

Houston is +130 against Tennesse

What is the chance they actually win before I click send?
Is Will Fuller gonna play this week?
I am the the pessimist when it comes to the Texans, he is the optimist.

Even if Fuller does not play, i think the offense will bounce back this week. Its the defense i dont trust at all.

With that been said, i am weirdly confident about this game. I think we find a way to win. I would not put money on it though.

They don't run enough for me. Defense ain't too impressive. Wouldn't be surprised if they were one and done.

Honestly.. ain’t too much different from when McCarthy was coaching. The defense a little better but their schedule been lax as shit. It’s not impossible for them to have a run in the playoffs cuz they got talent, but they can easily get blown out & I wouldn’t be surprised.

This insurance fraud shit is crazy. Don’t help that Portis has had money problems for years & his habit of showing off his money is well known in the DMV. He’s fucked.

What y’all think about the Packers in the playoffs? IDK how legit they are.

They Fugazi.

Watching them vs my squad last week left me mad unimpressed. With Rodgers you always technically have a shot but they not real imo.

SF and NO clearly better. Sea slightly better I and when/if Goff not throwing up on himself I think LA better too. Minny more talented but they got Kirk and in big games aka what the playoffs are we know how that’ll go

They Fugazi.

Watching them vs my squad last week left me mad unimpressed. With Rodgers you always technically have a shot but they not real imo.

SF and NO clearly better. Sea slightly better I and when/if Goff not throwing up on himself I think LA better too. Minny more talented but they got Kirk and in big games aka what the playoffs are we know how that’ll go

Rams might be hitting their stride they need Minny to slip up to have a chance to sneak in though.

Green Bay might fuck around and get a bye then one of these teams would have to go play in some snow filled playoff game and GB luck their way into the nfc title game.

Back