Welcome To aBlackWeb

2019-20 NFL Season Thread

What player(s) from y’all teams ya think gonna have a breakout season?

For the Skins it’s gonna be Daron Payne. Fam had a real strong rookie campaign and has been a terror in camp & preseason.

Man. It just hit me. The giants have sucked for so long, that the browns are making fun of us. The Cleveland 0-16 Browns think is ok to clown on us...that just sunk in. We gotta turn this shit around

What player(s) from y’all teams ya think gonna have a breakout season?

For the Skins it’s gonna be Daron Payne. Fam had a real strong rookie campaign and has been a terror in camp & preseason.

O Quincy Enunwa
D Leonard Williams

Fins' Ross leaves NFL's social justice committee

Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross has stepped down from the NFL's social justice committee, the team announced Tuesday.

"Stephen made the decision last week and informed the NFL and members of the working committee that he was going to step aside from the group and continue to focus his efforts on RISE," a Dolphins spokesman said. "He believes in and is still fully committed to the work that has been done by the group and will always be a passionate supporter and tireless advocate for social justice causes, the fight for equal rights and education."

The committee includes players and team owners and is intended to address social justice issues. Last season, members of the committee included Arizona Cardinals owner Michael Bidwill, Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank and Washington Redskins cornerback Josh Norman.

Ross, who was a founding member of the social justice committee, has drawn criticism for hosting a fundraiser for President Donald Trump earlier this month.

Former NFL defensive end Chris Long initially addressed Ross' departure from the group in an interview with Sports Illustrated. He then expanded on the reasoning in a pair of tweets Tuesday evening.

Dolphins wide receiver Kenny Stills initially called out Ross in a tweet Aug. 7, saying "Someone has to have enough courage to let [Ross] know he can't play both sides of this." He said last week that he had spoken with Ross and that they have "agreed to disagree."

Following Stills' tweet, Ross issued a statement saying he has been friends with Trump for 40 years and that while they agree on some things, "we strongly disagree on many others" and that he has never been "bashful" about expressing his opinions to the president.

Giants star can see right through Browns’ Baker Mayfield’s ‘cry for attention’

Cleveland Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield walked back comments in which he criticized New York Giants rookie QB Daniel Jones.

Giants tight end Evan Engram didn’t mince words to describe Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield’s criticism of rookie Daniel Jones.

“It’s kind of dumb,” Engram told NJ Advance Media of Mayfield’s comments on Tuesday.

“There’s two types of people in this world," Engram said. "There’s people who run their mouths and cry for attention and there’s people who put their head down, get to work and get stuff done. That’s everything Daniel’s been doing.”

Mayfield is brash and outspoken, but his latest charge in an interview with GQ that the Giants selecting Jones No. 6 overall in the NFL Draft “blew his mind” and that the organization “forgot they’ve gotta win,” struck a nerve inside Quest Diagnostics Training Center.

“Who cares about what they have to say?” Giants running back Wayne Gallman told NJ Advance Media. “But at the same time, Daniel is going to be a great quarterback in this league. Moving forward, a lot of teams will see that. People are going to say what they want to say, factual or not. Who really cares? Daniel is great quarterback. He’s a great guy.”

Mayfield is far from the first to criticize Jones, or the Giants, for picking Jones so high in the draft.

“I see him as a guy that pays the criticism no mind,” Engram said. “Personally, I think he hears it and it’s kind of hard to ignore. Especially being in New York with the media being so crazy, but he’s the type of guy who’s real humble, real focused and not really worried about any of that.”

Earlier this spring, Engram was impressed by how quickly Jones was picking up the offense during his first NFL OTA and minicamp practices, which is something that people outside the building -- including Mayfield -- haven’t been able to see.

“Daniel’s real humble,” Engram said. “He’s hard working. He learns from his mistakes and he’s getting better each and every day.”

Shortly after practice, Giants head coach Pat Shurmur said he’d advise Jones not to pay Mayfield’s comments, or outside criticism, any mind.

Engram has already heeded that advice.

“At the end of the day, we’re worried about us,” Engram said. “We’re trying to win games on our side. It would probably be smart for them to do the same.”

Haha..Engram Is far from a star..however. Browns need to focus on their in house shit. I see why mayfield caping for OBJ, but he might wanna take a closer look at how OBJ is behaving/behaved w Giants and consider how that might come to him n the browns when shit is not going good. Everyday I'm starting to see more n more why Giants front office had no issues shipping Odell out. That Browns situation has all the potential to be a highly combustible scenario.

Haha..Engram Is far from a star..however. Browns need to focus on their in house shit. I see why mayfield caping for OBJ, but he might wanna take a closer look at how OBJ is behaving/behaved w Giants and consider how that might come to him n the browns when shit is not going good. Everyday I'm starting to see more n more why Giants front office had no issues shipping Odell out. That Browns situation has all the potential to be a highly combustible scenario.

I dont think Freddie Kitchens can handle all the personalities

Shit just Baker and OBJ alone....

Back