Welcome To aBlackWeb

2018 NFL Season Thread

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-lineman-jonathan-martin-go-trial-social-post

Ex-NFL player Jonathan Martin must go to trial over threatening post

Former Miami Dolphins offensive lineman Jonathan Martin must go to trial on felony charges related to a threatening post on his Instagram account in February 2018.

The image on the post showed a shotgun and ammunition and tagged four accounts, including those belonging to former Dolphins teammates Richie Incognito and Mike Pouncey. It also included hashtags for Harvard-Westlake, where Martin went to high school in the Los Angeles area, and the Dolphins.

The caption read: "When you're a bully victim & a coward, your options are suicide, or revenge."

Martin was charged in March with four felony counts of making criminal threats. One of the counts was dismissed Wednesday, a spokesman for the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office told the Los Angeles Times.

Martin's lawyer argued that the post was not specific enough to constitute a criminal threat, but Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Shellie Samuels disagreed.

"It does say suicide or revenge," Samuels said, according to the New York Daily News. "That does sound equivocal on its face. However, on the photo, there are 19 shells. Suicide would take one shot. Nineteen shells is a mass shooting, killing more than one person, revenge. I think that's unequivocal enough [under the law] to be a criminal threat."

The Daily News reported that detective Peter Doomanis testified at the hearing that Martin's computer history revealed he did a search on Incognito hours before he ordered a shotgun on Feb. 9.

At the time of the social media post, Martin, 29, was detained for questioning and then released, a spokesman for the Los Angeles Police Department told ESPN. Nine days before the post, a gunman killed 17 people at a high school in Parkland, Florida.

A law enforcement source told KABC-TV in Los Angeles that Martin was then held in a mental health facility.

Martin accused Incognito and Pouncey of bullying him in 2013 when they were teammates in Miami, which resulted in an NFL investigation. The investigation found that Incognito, Pouncey and John Jerry created a hostile working environment for Martin, who left the team in the middle of the season.

Incognito was suspended for eight games by the NFL after the investigation was completed.

Martin hasn't played in the NFL since 2015. Weeks after retiring, he posted a lengthy message on Facebook explaining that he suffered from depression and had tried to kill himself on multiple occasions.

Harvard-Westlake, an elite private school, closed temporarily in response to the Instagram post, but police told ESPN there was no direct threat to the school.

According to a source, the Dolphins' security director reached out to the league to make officials aware of the post. Pouncey also was made aware.

Dak aint smart enough or accurate enough for SP

Saints future >>>>>>Cowboys future

AK41 and MI > Zeke
MT13 > Cooper
N.O. Oline > Dallas Oline
N.O. Dline > Dallas Dline
N.O. LBs < Dallas LBs
N.O. DBs < Dallas DBs
N.O. Entire coaching staff > Dallas entire coaching staff
N.O. GM and scouting > Dallas GM and scouting

He might leave but the better team is in NOLA

SP cant teach accuracy and the ability to read defenses

They waiting on the Saints playoff run.

They going after SP.

Bitches

SP not gonna mesh with Jerry who is a control freak

the only percent i give this as a legit thing is if they win the SB, Brees retires and they dont believe they'll be a winning organization again real soon

and this like less than 5%

Dak aint smart enough or accurate enough for SP

Saints future >>>>>>Cowboys future

AK41 and MI > Zeke
MT13 > Cooper
N.O. Oline > Dallas Oline
N.O. Dline > Dallas Dline
N.O. LBs < Dallas LBs
N.O. DBs < Dallas DBs
N.O. Entire coaching staff > Dallas entire coaching staff
N.O. GM and scouting > Dallas GM and scouting

He might leave but the better team is in NOLA

SP cant teach accuracy and the ability to read defenses

I agree with most of this.. Except Kamara and MI over Zeke.. Ingram wont be back anyway. Disagree that Dak is inaccurate as he is made out to be.. It looks that way because he under a microscope..He misses a throw and the internet goes crazy.. But that happens in every single game you watch on Sundays. And before you say its because he Dinks and Daks, His percentage at all different yard lengths is above average to good. Its an internet myth. And he is used like a pocket qb which he is not. Dont think hes a top tier qb but you can win with him. Sp schemes alotta ppl open anyway so i dunno all this reading he would have to be doing. Brees is on his last leg.. Yall are about to have to pay alotta that young talent soon just like us. The Saints window is closing. I dont see the direction after Brees leaves.. Never one shit before him and wont when he retires. I def dont think Payton is leaving, that rumor is just always put out because of his connection and still having a house there and shit. But i dont think the future is that much brighter in NO by a long shot. Yall better when this year or yall wont sniff another

He miss open receivers down the field so frequently and holds the ball so long because he don't trust his reads

SP dropped his wife and kids are older

He fucking with them young hoes in NOLA (got them connects back home) and has a voice over players and coaches about who he wants and do want.

S. Jones and J. Jones aint giving that up

Plus where i live in MS is Saints crazy.. They sell strictly New Orleans gear in Walmart and shit.. who dat this, who dat that.. I know its the closest team we have but shit is irritating af. All they discuss on the radio is the Saints. I need the Brees -Payton era to end

Plus where i live in MS is Saints crazy.. They sell strictly New Orleans gear in Walmart and shit.. who dat this, who dat that.. I know its the closest team we have but shit is irritating af. All they discuss on the radio is the Saints. I need the Brees -Payton era to end

The local Wal-Mart always lets you know who the city pulls for lol.

Back