Welcome To aBlackWeb

2018 NFL Season Thread

Leaked Dolphins gonna tank same time they gonna hire Flores

These black coaches damned if they do damned if they don’t.

Gotta take the jobs because you might not get offered another, but usually they all get jobs at rebuilding teams where the accumulate terrible records as the team builds then get fired right when the roster gets solid or they get the job with a middling roster and wack QB’s. Get stuck in 6-8 wins for a couple years then let go.

For all Tomlin’s coaching shortcomings, he lasted long because he was one of the few to inherit good to great QB play.

Anthony Lynn as well so far.

Leaked Dolphins gonna tank same time they gonna hire Flores

These black coaches damned if they do damned if they don’t.

Gotta take the jobs because you might not get offered another, but usually they all get jobs at rebuilding teams where the accumulate terrible records as the team builds then get fired right when the roster gets solid or they get the job with a middling roster and wack QB’s. Get stuck in 6-8 wins for a couple years then let go.

For all Tomlin’s coaching shortcomings, he lasted long because he was one of the few to inherit good to great QB play.

Anthony Lynn as well so far.

Thats why I go so hard for Tomlin bruh

He is the unicorn black coach in the league man

Gawd bless Art Rooney lol

Black head coaches as well as most coaches get hired bc teams suck. The team usually sucks bc the QB play is bad. There is a trend of black head coaches getting axed rather quickly. However, coaches be getting fired mad quick in the NFL frequently. I think homie in Arizona and Jets ain't get a fair shake. Same goes for Lovie in Tampa. The problem is also that alot of coaches come from coaching trees and most of those trees have white head coaches at the root, that coached for a long time and had success (belichik n Andy reid). Tomlim is the only current black head coach that has had long term success and I'm not sure if he got any black proteges he is or has developed to build a tree.

Black head coaches as well as most coaches get hired bc teams suck. The team usually sucks bc the QB play is bad. There is a trend of black head coaches getting axed rather quickly. However, coaches be getting fired mad quick in the NFL frequently. I think homie in Arizona and Jets ain't get a fair shake. Same goes for Lovie in Tampa. The problem is also that alot of coaches come from coaching trees and most of those trees have white head coaches at the root, that coached for a long time and had success (belichik n Andy reid). Tomlim is the only current black head coach that has had long term success and I'm not sure if he got any black proteges he is or has developed to build a tree.

Love was always avg who just had a great defense special teams and running game.

He was trash in Tampa and he trash right now at Illinois

The bolded is real gripe I have with Tomlin for real tho. I think he tried to do that with Joey Porter...time will tell with him. But I need him to start hiring some young black coaches to groom....even if he leaves you much to be desired as an x's and o's guy....bruh been a head coach in the league for almost 15 yrs....he got knowledge and game to pass on to the young brothers trying to get where he at

I peep that it's a way to get around the Rooney rule and rebuild at the same time. And if he over achieved, even better. At some point the team will fall back to earth and they fire em cause they said they needed such and such coach to get them over the edge. They're using the John Gruden blue print from the bucs.

Back