Welcome To aBlackWeb

2018-2019 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not surprising out the top 10 only four cities have mlb teams. SFGiants played a day game. Braves had off day, Marlins was a day game. Cleveland interesting though their market split was minimal with the Indians game being on same time.

Both LA teams, Cws & Mets played night games while game 1 was on so that market split isn’t surprising to me. NY would’ve been even lower if Yanks/Sox didn’t get rained out
yeah yeah yeah

there are only so many that can attend the game...the people that didnt go arent at home watching it on tv either

if you fuck with basketball, you watch it...period

yeah yeah yeah

there are only so many that can attend the game...the people that didnt go arent at home watching it on tv either

Take the agenda about big markets out and just use logic.

If Bama vs LSU is on the same night as a World Series game. Viewership in Birmingham and New Orleans gonna take a dip. It’s common sense.

Ratings don’t just account hoop lovers. A lot causal basketball fans will watch another big local sport of one of their favorite teams over it lol

Take the agenda about big markets out and just use logic.

If Bama vs LSU is on the same night as a World Series game. Viewership in Birmingham and New Orleans gonna take a dip. It’s common sense.

Ratings don’t just account hoop lovers. A lot causal basketball fans will watch another big local sport of one of their favorite teams over it lol

im not tryna hear or read that pleighboi

get ya peeps

yeah yeah yeah

But you kind of missing the point. What makes big markets big is the number of people in those markets. And the money the league makes is based on how many casuals they atract. If you get those markets interested, the league makes way more money.

Lets say this finals was the Knicks vs. Lakers. NY and LA would be #1 and #2 on that list and the fact that those two markets tuned in would mean the finals ratings would have been a 20+ rather than being a 10 and the lowest rated in 10 years.

Thats why the NBA needs to find a way to make the casual Knicks, Lakers, Bulls, Celtics, and Sixers fans interested to watch the post season.

All in all, the NBA would take only the markets I listed being totally interested in the finals and watching and the rest of the country not watching in a heart beat.

No disrespect but the 300k population of the NO market being fully tuned into the finals doea nothing to grow the NBA. But the 12 mil NYC and the 40 mil tri state area market being totally interested would make all the difference.

But you kind of missing the point. What makes big markets big is the number of people in those markets. And the money the league makes is based on how many casuals they atract. If you get those markets interested, the league makes way more money.

Lets say this finals was the Knicks vs. Lakers. NY and LA would be #1 and #2 on that list and the fact that those two markets tuned in would mean the finals ratings would have been a 20+ rather than being a 10 and the lowest rated in 10 years.

Thats why the NBA needs to find a way to make the casual Knicks, Lakers, Bulls, Celtics, and Sixers fans interested to watch the post season.

All in all, the NBA would take only the markets I listed being totally interested in the finals and watching and the rest of the country not watching in a heart beat.

No disrespect but the 300k population of the NO market being fully tuned into the finals doea nothing to grow the NBA. But the 12 mil NYC and the 40 mil tri state area market being totally interested would make all the difference.
AZ, you fam and all

and i didn't read your post, even though i quoted it

I honestly didnt think the exchange would go past a couple of posts lol

lets .....forget this lol

Can the Nets put together a good package for AD?

Now that Kyries camp made it known that he rather go to the Nets than the Knicks, im sure they are looking to bring AD there too.

Interesting to see.

AZ, you fam and all

and i didn't read your post, even though i quoted it

I honestly didnt think the exchange would go past a couple of posts lol

lets .....forget this lol

Good move cause I was gon shit all over your logic and make it look easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back