Welcome To aBlackWeb

2018-2019 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all don't care but I'm interested in what happens with winslow/Dragic

I think Dragic should be the 6th man and he can still average about 14 off the bench and just let winslow run the point with the starters

Btw I watched this before work this morning and it was entertaining

It's a reality show about NBA GMs and people going through scenarios related to the position

I like Reddish too.

Barrett got alot of Carmelo in him

I heard a commentator last night say that Reddish sometimes gets lost in the flow when Zion and Barrett are on the floor.

I want to see if that is because Barrett is really better or just how the offense is structured.

Home stretch

tenor.gif

@Beta
@Infamous114
@wadupdoe!313
@DMorgan
@5th Letter

And anyone else i missed. Hope nothing but the worst for your franchises these next few months.

IMO, a major proponent of the entire ordeal with "amateur" basketball players is the discussion on who's willing to pay for them:

The NBA doesn't make money off players until they're in the league, so they're not entitled to pay them

"At-will" employment for a basketball player around college is either college/G-League (which began recently offering competitive payments)/overseas - I suppose the NCAA banks on the reality that: exposure is limited overseas, and; the G-League only recently began offering competitive salaries.

For players, intrinsically maybe, you benefit from the exposure, playing time, and alumni (if you manage to leverage it as many players ultimately do). Sometimes, you can find value beyond the dollars and cents.

Now should they be compensated more, yes, but if I'm an old end-of-the-bench player in the NBA, no fucking way am I approving that: why would I potentially give up my spot on a roster for more younger (generally, and I suspect the NBA would renegotiate rookie salaries for players if the 18-year-old-draft rule was approved) and potentially more promising player: that even pressures middle-aged players who haven't panned out yet. The competition would be good for fans but if both sides had to initially disapprove it, that's an argument that makes sense for the players. The ownership, well that's probably pretty obvious.

The O/U on this trash-ass game was 216.

HA!

Heats bumasses might hit 85 , if they're lucky, and Philly can't make a three to save their lives.

Dantoni said Faried going to play some 4 tonight lol...that shit might last two minutes before we call a timeout and get more spacing on the court

At least it might help our terrible rebounding if we actually do go with that at some point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back