Welcome To aBlackWeb

20 Years Ago This Month..

BountyHunterRo

I’ve come to collect
2022 ABW Sexiest Male Poster
6F59A358-FBC5-497D-A8B5-D595396CE628.jpeg

The WWF bought WCW, effectively ending the Monday night wars and ending an era of wrestling competition. WCW was on its last legs while the WWF was dominant until WCWs end.

On the same episode of Raw, this happened:

73D098E2-33E7-4580-B6A1-EE00C13BFCF3.jpeg

Where you you when this occurred? Do you remember it? How did it affect you and how you now think about the state of professional wrestling?

I had stopped watching WCW before this, I have no clue what Nitro was airing this episode other than when Raw went to the Shane part.

tbh this wasn't Vince first attempt against Ted Turner........ Vince had Black Saturday on TBS in 83 or 84 when Vince broadcast Wwf wrestling on Georgia Championship Wrestling(nwa) timeslot........... it didn't last very long but Vince was obsessed with having a monoply in wrestling for quite some time

I was 16 and I wasn’t into the dirt sheets yet but someone at my school said that vice had bought WCW and I didn’t believe him. I stopped watching WCW months ago for obvious reasons so I did turn the TV on to TNT at 8pm that night. Then Vince shows up on the screen. This isn’t TNN!! Why is Vince on TNT??? And then it really sunk in that WCW was done. That next week, it was strange not seeing nitro on tv.

Tho it's a cool little moment I never desire going back and seeing this play out again. Just fell flat with Shane being involved. Plus WCW at that time was equivalent to IMPACT of 2020, by the time there was set to be a possible invasion they had nobody. All this kind of sucked looking back.

Tho it's a cool little moment I never desire going back and seeing this play out again. Just fell flat with Shane being involved. Plus WCW at that time was equivalent to IMPACT of 2020, by the time there was set to be a possible invasion they had nobody. All this kind of sucked looking back.

That invasion angle could have been so much better. Right after HHH tore his quad, they rushed it smh

I was watching both shows like I always did back then ..flipping the channels back and forth. WCW advertised it as the last Nitro. When Shane came on I went crazy could not believe it.

I still think they dropped the ball with the Invasion angle. It should have been a lot better than it was

I was at home watching live. I herd online earlier in the day that they bought WCW but I didn’t believe it. Then I turn on Nitro and see McMahon.. crazy. I had to drag my big cuz in the room to see it and he thought I was full of shit at first.

I was home. I think I remember seeing it online 1st. But then I didn't expect Shane to come out towards the end.

Honestly I think after they split the NWO...followed by Sting losing his "Crow mystique" and went back to talking again...I checked outta WCW. It got worse after that.

I was done with WCW when they brought in Vince Russo and tried to be too much like WWE. They got desperate with that move.

Back