Welcome To aBlackWeb

16 year old Kalecia Williams found dead in hotel -- allegedly set up by friends

Scandalust313

Unshakeable Unbreakable Victorious
Family says teen killed at Atlanta hotel wasn't supposed to be there

The family of a 16-year-old girl who was shot to death at a downtown Atlanta hotel this past weekend wants to know why she was there and why others have not also been charged in the case.

Kalecia Williams, 16, was found in the lobby of the Hyatt Regency located at 265 Peachtree Street NE in the downtown hotel district around 12:27 a.m. on Saturday morning suffering from at least one gunshot wound to the groin, police said. She was rushed to an area hospital where she was pronounced dead.

The family of the teenage girl, who they lovingly called "Pinky", was making plans on Wednesday to lay her to rest. Williams' stepfather said Kalecia, who loved pink, was a homebody.

Most people were desperate to get out of the house when the coronavirus pandemic forced them to stay home, but not Kalecia.

"I said 'Pinky you need to go outside and get some air," her stepfather, Ronney Savoy said.

"'I’m good I’m good, as long as I got WiFi and my Netflix,'" he remembered her saying.

That’s why her parents allowed her to participate in what they thought would be a quiet holiday party, they said she didn't get out much. They said chaperones promised she would be safe and looked after at an Airbnb. It was 9 p.m. when she left for the party.

"She was supposed to have stayed at an Airbnb with a couple more friends from school and the mother they had done this once before, so we were comfortable letting her go a second time," he said.

That is why her loved ones are baffled as to why the Crawford W Long Middle School student was at the hotel and why it led to her death.

"We spoke to the mother and she said she was going to be there," he said.

The girl's parents said there was never an Airbnb.

Her parents didn’t know when they went to sleep around midnight their daughter was taking her last breath.

"You see it and you never think it would hit home. Not Pinky, not pinky," Savoy said.

Source: https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/family-says-teen-killed-at-atlanta-hotel-wasnt-supposed-to-be-there

More info:

Damn...RIP Kalecia ?

In a pandemic though
u know u would think the parents would have some sense and keep her in
I agree with both of you

Per the article:

Most people were desperate to get out of the house when the coronavirus pandemic forced them to stay home, but not Kalecia.

"I said 'Pinky you need to go outside and get some air," her stepfather, Ronney Savoy said.

"'I’m good I’m good, as long as I got WiFi and my Netflix,'" he remembered her saying.

That’s why her parents allowed her to participate in what they thought would be a quiet holiday party, they said she didn't get out much. They said chaperones promised she would be safe and looked after at an Airbnb. It was 9 p.m. when she left for the party.

Your kid was totally fine staying home and you force them to go to an air bnb party in Atlanta?????? During the height of all this bs naa thats weird parenting decisions deadass

I mean I get them not wanting their child to get out of the house a little, but yeah, sending your homebody child alone to an AirBnB party with people that ya'll obviously didn't know that well is pretty crazy.

Back